The Things I Dream for you

The Things I Dream for you

I thought I’d have a go at The Prompt this week. You can check out the link but basically Sara on mumturnedmom had this great idea. She chooses a word every Sunday and we write with that word in mind and share our posts on Friday. Simple as that! So this week the word was “Dream” and I decided to write about my dreams for my girlie. I’ve also linked up on some other blogs with this too!

To my little gremlin, I thought long and hard of the things I dream for you and the long life I hope you have.

A University degree? A good job? Married with 2.4 children? These things would be a bonus but ultimately what I dream for you is for you is to be able to accept what life brings, be mentally strong and be happy. This is the advice I give you:

Life isn’t a bed of roses all the time. In fact it can be downright rubbish at times. You will fail at things and you won’t be good at everything. I won’t pretend you will be either but you will find your niche; your one true passion I promise.

Try hard at school and do your homework. It may be boring. You may never use the subjects you take exams in ever again. Your friends may be sacking it off but trust me you will regret it if you join them. You may never use your exams, never go to University but at least you had the choice to do so if you wanted. Makes all the difference.

There will be times you will be truly happy in life, and everything will be perfect but things change; they always change, sometimes for even better but not always. Friends will come and go and you will lose those close to you, whether it be your pet hamster to a parent. We as a species are not the best with change. It’s unnerving, disruptive and not always comfortable. So remember darling, cherish every second when life is good, live in the now and accept change when it comes, be ready for it; it will come and you just need to ride it. Cliche as hell but “this too will pass”.

Glossy magazines are a pile of crap. Airbrushed, unrealistic and totally materialistic. I wouldn’t want you to spend £400 quid on a bag, even if you could. And if you believe every girl’s skin and boobs are perfect I’ll get your Dad to airbrush me and you’ll see!

Eat well, exercise and sleep well. I want you to have the best time when you leave home and find your way. I know you’ll drink, party, spend time with friends and boys but look after yourself for the rest of the time. Baked beans on toast isn’t that bad a meal you know.

Respect yourself and your body. Don’t succumb to the pressure of your friends.You don’t have to have a boyfriend and lose your virginity at 14. Trust me love comes first. You want to enjoy your first experiences, not wish you could turn back time and wait. You’re not likely to stay with your first love but it should be a fond memory not a regret.

Finally don’t listen to your grandparents; I won’t judge you if you don’t iron.

mumturnedmom

Post Comment Love

Single Mother Ahoy

The Dad Network

1. February 20, 2015 / 1:55 pm

What a truly gorgeous post and a lovely idea. I love your writing and your little girl has the cutest face and hair do I've ever seen..seriously. She always grabs my attention in a linky.
    Tor x

2. mm February 20, 2015 / 2:16 pm

awww thanks so much! Really appreciate the comment. She is such a cutie xx

3. February 20, 2015 / 2:30 pm

I agree, it's a lovely post. I wonder how much life will have changed when our babies are teenagers and young adults – will the pressures be greater? How will they be different? What will a career look like and will uni be the be all and end all still. I agree with what you've put about school too. Sounds like your LO has a sensible mummy who loves her very much 🙂 I wrote something really simillar when i was pregnant with my son and it's funny how we all wish the same things. I wonder how much of it is what we'd wish for our younger selves with hindsight? http://generationwhynot-stupidgirl.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/magic-word-of-week.html

4. February 20, 2015 / 5:20 pm

What a lovely letter/dream! Makes me teary eyed on some parts because of the beautiful words #pocolo

• mm February 21, 2015 / 3:54 pm

Aww thank you x

5. February 20, 2015 / 5:28 pm

Dream big for the little one 🙂

Lovely.

Hels XX

• mm February 21, 2015 / 3:54 pm

Definitely hun thanks x

6. February 20, 2015 / 6:25 pm

Beautiful post, things we would all wish for our children. And, whatever path they choose, above all we want them to be happy. That sounds like the perfect dream for us and them x Thank you so much for sharing with #ThePrompt x

7. February 20, 2015 / 7:33 pm

Aww that is so sweet, My daughter has just had her little girl 4 weeks ago and I think back on what I would have said to her for when she grew up lol. I am thinking I will write my granddaughter a letter to put away for when she is grown up lol. Hopefully I will be around so we can laugh together

8. February 20, 2015 / 8:17 pm

Oh, this is great! I wish my mom had written me this kind of advice when I was an adolescent 🙂 It makes me want to write a letter to my daughter, though fortunately I still have some time since she is only 7!

I guess the catch is, will they listen? I suppose all we can do is offer our wisdom along with our love and keep our fingers crossed.
    -Dana

9. February 21, 2015 / 2:00 pm

Wonderful advice for your beautiful daughter and a lovely idea for #theprompt. X

10. February 21, 2015 / 7:48 pm

Aw what a fantastic post!! And some brilliant advice!! Bean on toast is a good enough meal at times. That was my favourite bit!

11. February 21, 2015 / 11:25 pm

What a wonderful post full of fabulous advice and thoughts for your girl. I love that photo 🙂 Thank you for linking to #PoCoLo x

12. February 22, 2015 / 1:01 pm

That is a gorgeous shot of her Sarah and a really lovely post. Lovely realistic ideals for her and advice for every child I think! Xx

13. mm February 22, 2015 / 4:16 pm

Thanks so much for lovely comments xx

14. February 23, 2015 / 9:19 am

Thanks for sharing this post. It will be great for you both to look back on. I love the last line! Thanks for linking up #bigfatlinky

• mm February 25, 2015 / 5:26 pm

Thanks 🙂 Fab linky! x

15. February 25, 2015 / 10:27 am

A truly lovely post. You've poured your heart into this, I can tell. I love your advice and think you're dead on. #ThePrompt

• mm February 25, 2015 / 5:26 pm

Thanks so much for the lovely comment x

16. February 25, 2015 / 12:37 pm

This is a wonderful post! It's all so true, advice any little girl needs! Love the last line!

• mm February 25, 2015 / 5:27 pm

Thank you so much and for the comments x