Being Married to a Dietitian

Most people feel sorry for my husband. Married to a Dietitian he has been apparently indoctrinated to feel guilty for eating like a pig.

Courtesy of ecards

Before I met Chris he ate a lot. I mean, a lot! A four pack of doughnuts could be demolished in one sitting. He would never have considered weighing out his pasta and rice portions. An all you can eat buffet would be considered a challenge. Chris would eat until he physically couldn’t eat anymore every single time.

He’s admitted to have cut down a lot since we got together and been a lot more aware of what he puts into his mouth. He claims to hear my little voice in his ear telling him what he should and shouldn’t be eating. Lies I’m sure! He also has admitted to feeling better for eating less; not as bloated and uncomfortable and just generally better.
My family think he is now starved and it is a standing joke that he gets “fed up” with no real excuse. Scones, cakes, cheesecake. You name it. My mum is pretty much standing at the door when we arrive, with a slice for her poor, deprived son-in-law.
But usually he is pretty good. Until we go on holidays. The gauntlet opens and the bottomless pit re- surfaces. All inclusive is paradise to any food lovers. Food is on tap all day. My darling husband makes the most of that. Three huge meals, puddings, ice cream, cakes and drinks. Don’t worry he packs the Rennies. I pack the noseplug.
The joke is on me actually. It’s flipping hysterical to my family watching him fill his boots. Poor evil Dietitian wife has to look on and just deal with it. Honestly, it doesn’t bother me too much. A holiday is a holiday; food and drinks included. Of course he is going to indulge and enjoy himself. So am I! Take a look at his plates:

That’s only ONE course of THREE at breakfast
Standard desserts

The farting afterwards, mind. That’s another post in itself…don’t you feel sorry for him?

1. June 30, 2015 / 5:36 am

Those pictures were torture for me at the moment. Thanks for that. But I'm OK *sobs into her raw corgette, mint, lentil, lime salad with roast chicken.

#twinklytuesday

• mm June 30, 2015 / 7:46 pm

Aww sorry hon…won't be long and you will be on hols! πŸ™‚ x

2. June 30, 2015 / 6:27 am

This made me LOL as my hubby is exactly the same. #twinklytuesday

• mm June 30, 2015 / 7:46 pm

hehe Men! x

3. June 30, 2015 / 8:49 am

That's funny! My husband and I were having a similar conversation just a couple days ago, how we both eat loads less these days….that's mostly thanks to where we live now and convenience food just not being available, we wondered what would happen to our waist lines if we suddenly had to move back to the UK!
    #twinklytuesday

• mm June 30, 2015 / 7:47 pm

That would be an interesting experiement….or not as the case may be!! x

4. June 30, 2015 / 8:52 am

My husband makes horrible food choices too (he even had a pot noodle last night because he's "not a big fan" of my pasta bake! I just want the kids to have a good example for the future but sometimes it is a bit like fighting a losing battle! Thanks for linking up Sarah #thetruthabout Xx

• mm June 30, 2015 / 7:47 pm

haha a pot noodle…love it. Your bake sounds great! Thanks for hosting as usual xx

5. June 30, 2015 / 9:00 am

My husband is the same. He eats healthily all day and says things like 'I don't really snack much' and then scoffs three chocolate bars in one sitting! #twinklytuesday

• mm June 30, 2015 / 7:48 pm

haha my hubby isn't too bad when we not on hols generally but if it's offered he'll pig x

6. June 30, 2015 / 10:21 am

My husband could take on any man vs food challenge. He never puts on weight. #jealous πŸ˜‰ #twinklytuesday

• mm June 30, 2015 / 7:48 pm

That programme is insane! x

7. June 30, 2015 / 1:21 pm

I always think that an 'all inclusive' holiday is a good excuse to eat all of the stuff that you spend the rest of the year depriving yourself of. Clearly he's thinking the same!

• mm June 30, 2015 / 7:49 pm

hehe great minds? x

8. June 30, 2015 / 3:21 pm

There is something about men, holidays and food. Maybe it is freedom from the need to be sensible! Great post. Marriage is interesting with all that both people bring to it! #twinklytuesday

• mm June 30, 2015 / 7:49 pm

Thanks Kirsten… you always make a great point! x

9. June 30, 2015 / 7:25 pm

Haha well are husbands are v similar I think and I have made Nic more thoughtful too and we very much portion out pasta and rice etc but he can eat whatever he wants and stays seriously slim too, so frustrating for me! X

• mm June 30, 2015 / 7:50 pm

Nic is a stick isn't he? Boys and their food! x

10. June 30, 2015 / 8:13 pm

Hilarious. When my ex and I were first married, he couldn't comprehend my desire to cook with the intention of having leftovers to pack the following day. He'd just clean out every dish!

Thanks for linking with #TwinklyTuesday.

11. June 30, 2015 / 8:27 pm

This made me chuckle, my husband also sees all you can eat as a challenge πŸ™‚ To be fair, he's good most of the time, but he does go over the top on occasion! #thetruthabout

12. July 5, 2015 / 6:45 am

Haha this made me laugh! Since losing weight I eat so much healthier but my hubby is no healthy food lover so hates what I eat! #twinklytuesday xx