30 Things about Me!!

30 Things about Me!!

Rachel from Our Rach Blogs had written 29 things about her, as she is 29. I am 31 tomorrow so decided I better write 30 things about me and pronto. I hope I can actually think of 30 things! Rachel’s was pretty cool!

1. My old surname is Boocock – it is pretty crazy and I did get a bit of mocking at school but not that bad surprisingly. I still use it at work.
  2. I tore my knee cartilage hanging upside down on a monkey bar on honeymoon. I get some very strange looks every time I tell a health professional this.
  3. I have music on pretty much constantly. It’s like I can’t get anything done with listening to something.
  4. I have psoriasis on my elbows and head. It can be grim, especially in winter as it causes flaky skin.
  5. I have never been to the Lake District, even though I love walking and it was my Dad’s favourite place. I am quite ashamed to admit that.
  6. I have ran a half marathon but will never do a full one. I think some people are just not built for it; my knees won’t let me.
  7. I can climb a rope (or pole) no bother.
  8. I used to be so afraid of vomiting or watching other people vom. I’d panic on the wards at work if there was a norovirus outbreak. Then I had my daughter……
  9. I met my husband on Facebook by complete accident.
  10. Until I started scrapbooking and blogging I was really worried I would never have a decent hobby. The gym doesn’t count.
  11. I can stand on my head and have been able to do for years.
  12. I have never smoked (not a puff) or done illegal drugs.
  13. My hair is not as red as it used to be as a child so I help it out a bit.
  14. I think if my Mum hadn’t pushed me to go to hospital I could have had a the gremlin in the bath at home.
  15. Sometimes I get a bit anxious and can’t sleep. Meditating is brilliant for this.
  16. I didn’t learn to drive until I was 25. I knew I would never have a car until I worked.
  17. On my first driving test I had to have the test stopped as I nearly rammed a parked car….oops. Took me 3 times to pass it when I finally settled in Birmingham.
  18. I am a biochemistry geek. I love to know exactly what is happening in the body, especially metabolism.
  19. I am a Dietitian who watches what I eat. I have a bit of chocolate most days but I can’t binge. It’s like it is just programmed in me.
  20. I have a vile temper and when it’s lost there is usually no going back….I’m over it in about 3 minutes though.
  21. I am petrified of Daddy Long Legs. Had so many rows with hubby and family about getting rid of them for me.
  22. When I was breastfeeding I was completely addicted to Vimto squash and spoons of peanut butter. Now I am not fussed so I think it was the body’s way of getting fluid and calories in me. I lost a tonne of weight feeding.
  23. I love Eastenders and everyone says I’m sad but it’s the main thing I watch on the TV.
  24. I pretty much hate all Christmas food. Mince pies, sprouts, Christmas pudding, brandy sauce, parsnips, cranberry sauce, mulled wine…..so sorry big fat ick.
  25. I am a total hypochondriac; I blame working in the medical field. I know too much and panic.
  26. My husband says I am gobby; I disagree ๐Ÿ™‚ He had a genuine fear I would never come back from Dubai. Good job I did as I was 3 weeks pregnant and didn’t have a clue.
  27. I am a wine snob and my favourite is not only Sauvignon Blanc, it has to be be from New Zealand and the Marlborough region if possible.
  28. My scariest experience was almost swerving off the M6 in snow. Weirdest thing, despite completely losing control of the car, I was so calm and I remember thinking “this could be it”.
  29. At Christmas I still ask my husband to buy me lots of little things and put them in a pillow case so I still feel like a kid.
  30. My most treasured possession apart from living creatures, has to be my new iPhone. It is glued to me!!

And there you have it! Feel free to do if you read!

Happy Sunday!

Mami 2 Five
My Kid Doesn't Poop Rainbows

1. November 8, 2015 / 7:15 am

Love this post – it’s a fab idea, especially when i struggle to think of things to write about. Three times to pass a driving test is nothing – it took me nine!! How bad is that!? I love driving now though and TOUCH WOOD never had a bump… Love the fact that you met hubby on Facebook! #sundaystars

• mm
      RunJumpScrap
      November 8, 2015 / 1:46 pm

It is a good one to do! Nine times for a driving test does make me feel better. ๐Ÿ™‚ x

2. November 8, 2015 / 1:30 pm

Only the cool kids have ‘experience’ at driving tests – I passed 4th time! SO curious about you meeting your hubs on Facebook – go on spill the beans and share your story in a post soon!!x
    Mrs c recently posted…The โ€˜early Christmas presentโ€™My Profile

• mm
      RunJumpScrap
      November 8, 2015 / 1:39 pm

haha! I’ll have to spill the beans soon ๐Ÿ™‚ How funny x

3. November 8, 2015 / 2:59 pm

I bet it makes researching family history easier though! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Definitely with you on the sick – even having a baby hasn’t cured me of it! #sundaystar
    Jessica Powell recently posted…This Week #8My Profile

• mm
      RunJumpScrap
      November 9, 2015 / 7:33 pm

๐Ÿ™‚ Oh noooo! Shame x

4. November 8, 2015 / 7:52 pm

27…oh yes hehe, my fav!! 20…..yup, although it takes me a little longer than 3 seconds to get out of it sometimes haha ๐Ÿ™‚ x
    helen gandy recently posted…Worldwide Christmas Blogger Giveaway!My Profile

• mm
      RunJumpScrap
      November 9, 2015 / 7:33 pm

haha this is why we get on Helen x

5. November 8, 2015 / 8:03 pm

Glad to hear someone else also is glued to their iPhone!! ha ha ๐Ÿ™‚ Such a lovely list and feel like I know you so well now!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ Jess xx

#sundaystars
    mummyofboygirltwins recently posted…5 ways to make your blog stand outMy Profile

• mm
      RunJumpScrap
      November 9, 2015 / 7:32 pm

Thanks Jess for hosting xx

6. November 9, 2015 / 7:05 am

You sound like a very healthy person! My mummy is completely the opposite for her sins….. She’s a bit I of a rebel! #fartglitter
    Baby Isabella recently posted…Silent Sunday 08.11.15My Profile

• mm
      RunJumpScrap
      November 9, 2015 / 7:29 pm

Nothing wrong with a rebel!!! x

7. November 9, 2015 / 8:24 am

Lovely to know a little more about you, Sarah!!! Unfortunately, I lost NO weight breastfeeding, blogging is completely the hobby I always needed, and I am totally going to set out a santa sack for Husband this year!! Thanks for sharing. #FartGlitter
    Anna Brophy recently posted…WHAT I HATE ABOUT BABIES….My Profile

• mm
      RunJumpScrap
      November 9, 2015 / 7:29 pm

Oh no! never mind! Definitely get that sack started! It’s great x

8. November 9, 2015 / 9:11 am

Hi, this is so much interesting. I might do it the same. I am so exited about meeting new bloggers and get to know more about them. #fartglitter

I AM THE SAME! HA-HA! :))))

Kiss, Rahela
    Rahela recently posted…The #FartGlitter Linky: Week SixMy Profile

• mm
      RunJumpScrap
      November 9, 2015 / 7:28 pm

Oh do it I love them!! Glad I am not the only hypochondriac!! x

9. November 9, 2015 / 9:43 am

I’ll deal with your daddy long legs if you deal with my spiders! Remind me not to let you drive ๐Ÿ˜€ I wish I had an inbuilt ‘do not binge’ policy. I made cookies this weekend then Kwan and I demolished them all. Yum.

Thanks so much for linking up to #fartglitter x
    Mama, My Kid Doesn’t Poop Rainbows recently posted…The #FartGlitter Linky: Week SixMy Profile

• mm
      RunJumpScrap
      November 9, 2015 / 7:27 pm

I don’t like spiders either babe ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Haha you need to hide the cookies!! Thanks for hosting x

• mm
      RunJumpScrap
      November 9, 2015 / 7:26 pm

haha great! You need to start the number 29 tradition x

10. November 9, 2015 / 12:50 pm

Lovely post – nice to know more about someone. I like #29! There’s something magical about Christmas but I DO like Christmas food. In fact, once the Christmas music starts, I have that craving! #fartglitter
    El recently posted…Chap 29 Don’t say the F word!My Profile