Don’t Speak Too Soon….

Don’t Speak Too Soon….

I’m whispering this…..we may have potty success.

After my previous post comparing my daughter to Elsa from Frozen I thought we would be waiting until she was 3 years plus.

Nothing was working. We had tried chocolate bribes, toy shop bribes, ice cream bribes and we’re getting flat refusals continually.

My Mum had another go about two weeks ago and the gremlin completely refused to wear pants! She knew the agenda and ran around naked for three hours, telling Mum she wouldn’t wee on the carpet and begging  for her nappy when the obvious urge got too strong.

So I don’t know what made me want to try again  today. I felt snotty, hubby is getting over the same thing and we were at my Mum’s. The gremlin cheekily told us she had done a wee and asked for her nappy to be changed. After us all giving each other knowing glances we offered her pants. She refused; knowing what we were getting out. I just threw it out there; the Easter bunny was going up take her nappies in exchange for chocolate eggs, like Santa with her dummy, so someone needed to practice. Success! The pants went on.

No wee. 2 hours passed. A bottle of drink and dinner passed. No wee. 3 hours passed. We needed to go home. I was adamant we were not giving up so loaded her onto towels and drove 30 mins back to Solihull from Rugby. She slept. No accident.  I was amazed!

We got home. Snack and milk time. A whole bottle. There was some twinkle grabbing and dancing around!! Over 4 hours had passed. She must have been ready to explode.  Coaxing continued. No game. I told her about the pizza Playdoh we had bought her that morning that would be her reward and at the same time, I noticed her knickers had a spot on them. With all that in mind she sat down and did the smallest wee! I didn’t care. I could have won the lottery and the look of joy on the gremlin’s face I wish I’d captured; pure pride. This then started an afternoon of many little wees, followed by praise, hand washing and playing. She still hadn’t the knack of fully letting go her full bladder.

image

Finally the big one came! The actual tinkle: the full potty! My hug after was legendary; she was over the moon!

We are all so pleased. It’s just the start I know. Lots of hard work to come but she went 9-bedtime in pants with a couple of dribbles.

Keep your fingers crossed for us!!!

My Kid Doesnt Poop Rainbows
my petit canard

1. February 22, 2016 / 7:10 am

Well done little lady! My little one is only 7.5 months so I have all this to look forward to – I can only imagine the proud feeling when she finally went! #fartglitter

February 22, 2016 / 9:51 am

You will indeedy…you never know she will probably be a little star x

2. February 22, 2016 / 8:46 am

Fingers, toes and eyes crossed. It’s an attractive look. Never thought I’d be so concerned about someone else’s little one’s pee, but there you have it.

#fartglitter

February 22, 2016 / 9:51 am

Cheers babe means a lot x

3. February 22, 2016 / 9:26 am

whoop whoop, fingers crossed, it does sound like you’ve cracked it! #MarvMondays

February 22, 2016 / 9:50 am

Thanks Fiona! I really hope so!! x

February 22, 2016 / 1:46 pm

I can imagine!!! x

4. February 22, 2016 / 11:14 am

Yey! Congratulations to you all! You’ll never look back now. Great idea sitting your little one on towels in the car. Why didn’t I think of that? I’ll remember it when we start with the little man!

#marvmondays xx
    Rhyming with wine recently posted…Erm… What have I actually done all day?My Profile

February 22, 2016 / 1:45 pm

haha I was that desperate I think. Thanks lovely; long way to go I guess but getting there x

February 22, 2016 / 1:44 pm

Thanks lots! Think we have some more work to do but least moving forward! x

5. February 22, 2016 / 12:41 pm

Woohoo! Great job to the gremlin! It’s not an easy road ahead but she’s off to a great start! Fingers crossed she keeps up the great work. #fartglitter
    Becky, Cuddle Fairy recently posted…Cod with Cornflakes BreadingMy Profile

February 22, 2016 / 1:43 pm

Thanks! Been a bit hairy at nursery today but will see x

February 23, 2016 / 9:00 pm

Cheers Jeremy 🙂 x

6. February 22, 2016 / 5:43 pm

Yay!!! I’m almost in tears. I feel your excitement after such a long time of working hard. Never underestimate the powers of the Easter Bunny! #fartglitter

February 23, 2016 / 9:00 pm

Haha thanks lovely x

7. February 22, 2016 / 7:09 pm

I’m so anxious about potty training! Archie has just turned 2 so I’m not too worried at the mo but he has NO interest whatsoever so it’s nice to see he isn’t the only one who took a little longer. Congrats on getting there, I can’t wait for that day! Thanks for linking up to #MarvMondays. Kaye xo

February 23, 2016 / 9:00 pm

My girl didn’t…zilch but we knew she was ready in terms of control. I wouldn’t worry; he will get it. We just starting out so fingers crossed! Thanks for hosting x

February 23, 2016 / 9:00 pm

8. February 23, 2016 / 7:10 am

Ah congrats little lady! You must be so pleased. It does sound like hard work, no doubt I’ll be asking for advice when my little one is ready to be potty trained. Claire x

February 23, 2016 / 8:58 pm

haha come on over when the time is right! Thanks x

February 23, 2016 / 8:56 pm

Me too Kim! x

9. February 23, 2016 / 11:54 am

This is fantastic! Well done Gremlin!! It’s such a big success for them when they do it. #marvmondays xx
    Something Crunchy Mummy recently posted…My Pushchair WishlistMy Profile

February 23, 2016 / 8:55 pm

I know, I’m so excited xx

10. February 24, 2016 / 6:57 am

Great work by everybody, I can really sense your excitement in this post 🙂 We have yet to tackle toilet training, but no doubt we’ll be jumping for joy at the first sign of success too!

11. February 24, 2016 / 7:09 am

Oh they are funny! We had to bribe RJ with chocolate – he flat out refused before. He did learn in a week though – sofingers crossed you get the same! X #bestandworst
    Sarah recently posted…Derbyshire halftermMy Profile

12. February 24, 2016 / 9:16 am

Well done!! I’m so nervous about potty training… SB is almost 2 and I can see it looming on the horizon!
    The Speed Bump recently posted…We’re Going To Geronimo!My Profile

13. February 24, 2016 / 9:27 am

Yaaay congratulations! It is great when you crack the potty training and you no longer have to leave the house with a changing bag. Freedom 🙂 #bestandworst
    Emma recently posted…Bribed into a home birth?My Profile

14. February 24, 2016 / 10:23 am

Congratulations!! That is great news. I am so scared of starting potty training and everyone has told me boys are a lot worse than girls too…..keep us updated with the progress. #bestandworst
    Kirsty recently posted…The 3 stages of a tired parentMy Profile

15. February 24, 2016 / 1:11 pm

Well done to the Gremlin, you must be so happy. It’s amazing how long she can hold on for at such a young age! Thanks for hosting #bestandworst
    Debbie
    Random Musings recently posted…Me Time: 3 Reasons We All Need SomeMy Profile

16. February 24, 2016 / 1:34 pm

Hurray!! Well done Gremlin! (And you for the perseverance!!) We are having exactly the same problem! DT (3 and 3 months,) has long been telling us ‘I’ve just done a wee, please change my nappy.’ and ‘I’m just off for a poo, please don’t come in,’ but he goes into the bathroom in his nappy, and does it in there. He’s screamed until he’s vomited when we’ve tried to put pants on him. He did that so many times, I stopped trying, because I just couldn’t take the guilt. But we had dummy giving up success, and he knows he’s got an Easter Egg hunt at Nana’s, so I think I’ll try again with your trick-the Easter bunny will give him as much chocolate as he flippin likes, if he’ll just put the pants on!!
    #bestandworst
    This Mum’s Life recently posted…The Big Pink LinkMy Profile

17. February 24, 2016 / 2:59 pm

Aw clever little lady and wooo hoo she finally did it. All that hard work is finally paying off – well done to you all! I have all this to look forward to Mimi is 19 months old and I think she is finally ready! #BestAndWorst

18. February 24, 2016 / 4:40 pm

Congratulations! Long may it last 🙂 #bestandworst

Nadia – ScandiMummy x

19. February 24, 2016 / 5:43 pm

Well done! We’re trying to encourage ours & she’s resistant too – she has now started to agree to sit on potty at certain times, but she never does anything. & she is generally against the whole thing – doesn’t want to take off nappy, doesn’t want to use a potty, doesn’t want to say when she needs to go! #bestandworst

20. February 24, 2016 / 6:27 pm

Congratulations!!! I am so hoping that we have success in the spring for my youngest two! Decided to train them both in one go, this may be the worst idea I have ever had! #bestandworst
    laura dove recently posted…For Eva, on your fourth birthdayMy Profile

21. February 24, 2016 / 6:37 pm

That’s great, baby steps right? Potty training can be so frustrating some times but so great when you have progress! Good luck hope she keeps going. Thanks for sharing #bestandworst
    Nicole, The Domesticated Goddess recently posted…Spicy Chicken Rice BowlMy Profile

22. February 24, 2016 / 7:34 pm

Congratulations! Sounds like the start of success to me! I am dreading potty training to be honest, it’s been that one thing I’ve been dreading all along! #BestandWorst

February 24, 2016 / 8:18 pm

Well done little one it can only get better great post as usual. Thanks for hosting #bestandworst

24. February 24, 2016 / 9:16 pm

That’s fantastic and I know how frustrating it must have been for you before today. My son Is four in two weeks and he absolutely refuses to use the potty. He will wear pants now but goes ALL day holding it. Even when he is at bursting point he will not go. I have been trying to potty train him (on and off) since he was two. Even his Health visitor and portage worker are out of ideas.

I hope your gremlin keeps this up. Hopefully she will as it sounds like she is (quite rightly) super proud of herself.

#bestandworst
    Unhinged Mummy (aka Janine Woods) recently posted…Grandma, Glam-ma or Gilf? Or Something More Appropriate?My Profile

25. February 24, 2016 / 10:22 pm

Excellent well done, fingers crossed that she continues. My second son was a nightmare to potty train, if he couldn’t be bothered to go he’d just wet himself and sit there watching TV. He couldn’t have cared less!! #bestandworst
    Lisa Backsnbumps recently posted…Poop Monster and Nappy RashMy Profile

26. February 25, 2016 / 7:56 am

That’s fantastic! Well done to you and your little one 😀 It feels so awesome to have achieved that milestone, doesn’t it? X #bestandworst

27. February 25, 2016 / 1:46 pm

Well done Gremlin. Its funny how they are genuinly bothered by weeing and poohing on the potty to start with, but once they overcome that initial hurdle the rest tends to come easily. #Bestandworst
    Tracey Abrahams recently posted…Happy Diary – Spring BabiesMy Profile

28. February 25, 2016 / 5:17 pm

Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So pleased for you 🙂

29. February 25, 2016 / 10:09 pm

That’s brilliant, sounds like she’s cracked it! Such a proud moment 🙂 x #bestandworst

30. February 25, 2016 / 10:10 pm

Yay! These things are so exciting. It’s been a long time since our potty days but I still remember that feeling of delight when they crack it!! #bestandworst
    PinkPearBear recently posted…The Big Pink Link # 2!!My Profile

February 26, 2016 / 7:09 pm

Getting there…poops a bit slower lol x

February 28, 2016 / 7:36 pm

Thanks lizzie me too! x

31. February 27, 2016 / 9:07 pm

Whoop whoop that is such great news! Well done Gremlin! I like your idea about the Easter Bunny, I hadn’t thought of that even though we did the same with the dummies at Christmas. It’s Thea’s 3rd birthday on Friday and we are going to go for it then, and have been telling her for the past few weeks to get her used to the idea. After a few false starts she’s not keen but is coming round to it now that she’ll be a big girl. I might keep the Easter Bunny up my sleeve, good to have a back up! xx #BestandWorst
    Becky at PinksCharming recently posted…My Favourite Five for February: Tiger, IKEA & FitBitMy Profile

February 28, 2016 / 7:34 pm

Thanks Becky! We not there with the No 2s but she is dry! I reckon Thea will be ready. That Easter Bunny trick is crafty but it so worked with getting the pants on x Good luck x