Grateful

Grateful

The gremlin was a bit oblivious to Easter I think. It wasn’t like Christmas with lots of build up and the obligatory mince pie and sherry being left out the night before. We woke on the morning and told her to come downstairs as the Easter bunny may have been. She immediately asked if this meant lots of chocolate. I had an internal panic as had only bought her a little and chose her a few little things to unwrap instead.

DSCF0339

I need not have worried. Watching her little face as she spied her little plastic basket full of a few little things was lovely. We would 100% say she was more excited for presents than Christmas. Everything was opened with a squeal of delight and some excited leg kicking. Her face during both the present unwrapping and during her egg hunt was just so heart warming.

DSCF0337

The best bit however was when she looked up from her Frozen mini tea set and earnestly said “thank you for my presents Mummy.”

DSCF0343

Despite the obvious thought of, what the hell happened to the Easter bunny(?) my heart melted and I was so proud of her.

DSCF0348

DSCF0350

Manners mean so much to me. I strop about and say pretty much what I think but rudeness drives me mad. No road etiquette is enough to send me into a grump and ingratitude is one of my pet hates.

We were a bit disappointed to hear the gremlin had a bad day at nursery last week with no manners. There were a lot of “I wants” and refusals to be polite. These days are rare but they come and go. Usually we address any issues with her a few times that evening and it sinks it. I was pleased to say her pleases and thank yous increased a lot the next day. I’m guessing she had remembered what we had discussed with her.

It may not mean a lot but her gratefulness and her pure joy at a few small gifts made my Easter.

I hope you all had a lovely one!

1. March 30, 2016 / 8:17 am

Aw bless her little cotton socks! Manners are important to us too. Maybe more in Thai culture than the West. ‘Pwease’ was one of his first words but we’re still waiting for unsolicited manners!

#bloggerclubuk
    Mama, My Kid Doesn’t Poop Rainbows recently posted…How OCD is the Baby?My Profile

• mm
      RunJumpScrap
      March 30, 2016 / 4:49 pm

That’s great. It’s so nice ๐Ÿ™‚ It will come I’m sure x

2. March 30, 2016 / 1:45 pm

What a cutie…. good on you for getting such a little girl to be so grateful, depicting such good manners at such an early age. They copy what we do you know, good manners goes a long way ๐Ÿ™‚ #BloggerClubUK
    Elsabe recently posted…Texting language for people who can spellโ€ฆMy Profile

• mm
      RunJumpScrap
      March 30, 2016 / 4:49 pm

Thanks lovely. I really have tried x

3. March 30, 2016 / 6:24 pm

Hi Sarah, I too hate rudeness and ingratitude. They cost nothing and mean so much. It’s lovely that your Gremlin genuinely enjoyed her presents and it must have been a nice surprise that your little talks with her have paid off.

xx
    Debbie recently posted…My Multitasking MumMy Profile

• mm
      RunJumpScrap
      March 30, 2016 / 9:04 pm

Thanks Debbie so true words and it means so much to be kind and polite x

• mm
      RunJumpScrap
      March 30, 2016 / 9:04 pm

Thanks Kim; she is so cute when she’s all polite x

4. March 31, 2016 / 7:53 am

I couldn’t agree more. When my son is grateful for small things it makes me so happy. And manners wise, we’ve been working so hard for months to drum it into him and it finally seems to be paying off in the last couple of weeks ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for sharing x #bloggerclubuk

• mm
      RunJumpScrap
      April 1, 2016 / 7:11 pm

Thanks Jayne she was so cute and she just loved her little gifts x

5. March 31, 2016 / 11:31 pm

What a lovely post! I’m so glad she was so polite and grateful, and you got the joy from seeing her so happy! It certainly sounds like you are teaching her fantastic manners, manners cost nothing and I always have a little bit more respect for people who use them ๐Ÿ™‚ #BloggerClubUk

6. April 2, 2016 / 10:07 pm

Good manners really are important & a young child with good manners really is heart warming! What a lovely story. I’m so glad Gremlin enjoyed her Easter goodies. It’s nice that she thanked you for them – the bunny gets all of the credit in our house. Thanks so much for sharing with us at #bloggerclubuk
    Becky, Cuddle Fairy recently posted…Where do you fall on the cleaning spectrum?My Profile

• mm
      RunJumpScrap
      April 4, 2016 / 7:47 pm

Thanks Becky and for hosting x