Teething

This week’s word has to be teething. Lovely teething.

Ah we were very lucky in the early teething days. The gremlin’s main symptom was complete refusal to eat her meals. We always knew a tooth was on the way. We didn’t tend to get sleepless nights or tonnes of screaming. She was a bit off but always manageable and nothing a little Calpol wouldn’t sort.

We have waited patiently for the little back molar sods to come through; the last of her teeth. The gremlin went to to the dentist with me earlier in the year and I was informed she still had all 4 to come through. Fab but when?

I was a bit nervous, as had not heard good things about these final, huge, beasty teeth that have to cut.

I got my first taste of it last week when the gremlin screamed all the way back from town, clutching the side of her head. I had to buy Calpol in town but I’m sure most of you know you are looking at 20-30mins for the purple juice to kick in, so she just about calmed down when we got home. Sure enough when I peeped in her mouth, a fat tooth was on its way on the left side.

Cue the pain on the right side starting. We have had wakes in the night; up to 3 times. She has slept with us. We’ve had grumpy days, crying and complaining of ear pain. The GP reassured me no infection on Wednesday and whilst we sat in the waiting room, I managed to convince the gremlin to let me peek into her mouth. Sure enough, the faint ridges of the right bottom molar. Oh the joys!!

I feel sorry for her, as there is nothing we can do apart from relieve with some medicine, let her sleep with me and give her lots of reassurance. She knows it is her teeth but it doesn’t make it any easier for her. What is tricky is she has really normal, good days and the bad days, with a lot of pain seem to come and go. Hard to predict.

Hopefully this little phase of teething won’t be going on for too long and we can have our happy, little gremlin back (who sleeps through the night again!)

Linky
The Reading Residence

1. April 29, 2016 / 6:13 am

Aw bless her the poor thing! Teething can be so horrible! We were pretty lucky with Monkey really as all of his teeth came through when he was very young and he didn’t suffer too much. LM has been a different story though and her teeth have really bothered her. Poor things as we know how much tooth ache can hurt so it must be horrible! Xx
    Caroline (Becoming a SAHM) recently posted…Little Miss is 18 mths oldMy Profile

2. April 29, 2016 / 6:54 am

Teething is evil! They get so upset don’t they and you’re so helpless
    Hope it passes soon so she’s back to normal & you get some sleep! xx
    Beth @ Twinderelmo recently posted…Getting LuckyMy Profile

3. April 29, 2016 / 8:03 am

Aw bless her. Teething can be such a horrible time. I hope it all calms down soon

4. April 29, 2016 / 10:59 am

I can’t remember teething being a big thing with my children. This could mean that I have totally forgotten, which will be good news for you. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Hope you all have a better week. #wotw

5. April 29, 2016 / 1:23 pm

Oh bless. It is so tough on them when they’re teething, so painful. Hope the teeth are all through soon and she can get back to normal. Thanks for sharing with #WotW x
    The Reading Residence recently posted…Word of the Week 29/4/16My Profile

6. April 29, 2016 / 2:59 pm

teething was far and away the worst part of my first four years as a parent and I don’t even think anything else comes close
    jeremy@thirstydaddy recently posted…True Bathroom FearsMy Profile

7. April 30, 2016 / 10:41 am

I’ve heard that the molars can be the worst ones to come through so my heart goes out to her. My daughter has calpol when her teeth come through and I can also sympathise with the broken sleep pattern I know well. #wotw
    Helena recently posted…Happy Days #5My Profile

8. April 30, 2016 / 4:58 pm

This is one of those that I dread so much before as I was breastfeeding my son on early days of his teething. I am his teether and I can feel the pain. I hope she feels better soon! #wotw
    Merlinda Little (Glimmer of Hope) recently posted…That BadgeMy Profile

9. April 30, 2016 / 5:28 pm

Hi Sarah, fingers crossed that they come through fast. Little Gremlin looks so sad in her pushchair and it’s exhausting for you too. You’d think that Mother nature would make it a pain free experience, wouldn’t you?

xx

10. May 1, 2016 / 9:42 am

Oh teething can be such a nightmare. My 13 month old is cutting some teeth in front on the bottom, and it’s been exhausting to say the least. I can’t imagine what the molars are going to be like…
    I hope your poor little gremlin feels better soon. She looks so miserable ): #justanotherlinky
    Savannah recently posted…A Strawberry DayMy Profile

11. May 1, 2016 / 10:11 pm

Poor love, I hope she’s starting to feel a bit less in pain!! #justanotherlinky
    helen gandy recently posted…Our Week!My Profile

12. May 6, 2016 / 9:06 pm

Oh bless you – we had this when Noah’s came through and it’s horrible not being able to do anything. Thanks for linking up to #justanotherlinky xx
    Something Crunchy Mummy recently posted…A Break From Being MummyMy Profile