20 Week Bump Update

20 Week Bump Update

Wow 20 weeks pregnant! This is crazy. I will be doing a gender reveal at some point. Just need some good ideas! We will have had the 20 week scan too!

Symptoms

I’m feeling so much better at the moment and am so making the most of it. The intense hunger and nausea have most certainly passed. Occasionally I am getting a funny taste but not as often. I’m sleeping like a trooper and do feel tired at bedtime but overall my energy levels are the best they have been so far.

My rash around my mouth has been a bit angry but I had that with the gremlin. It tends to come and go. I’m pleased to say my psoriasis has gone; a welcome break as my stupid immune system is diverted elsewhere.

Food and Cravings

I think the cravings have lifted now. I am just eating normally. I’m not as hungry as I was and cutting down a bit has been tricky but I’m trying! Still loving my curries as you can see below.

IMG_5064

Exercise

As I have so much energy I am trying to exercise a bit more. I have been enjoying my circuit classes as can still run about. I continue to just adapt any ab work and too much high impact I can make less intense. I am fine with free weights too. I got a little bored with Body Pump but will be going back as I get further along, I’m sure. When I actually wear my Fitbit, I’m aiming for 10,000 steps of course.

IMG_5052

My Body

I am definitely bigger than with the gremlin. We all reckon about a month ahead size wise. After not gaining much weight it has started to come on. I’m starting to gain some of that lovely breast feeding fat around my bum and thighs which is actually quite cool as I never really re-gained the weight I lost after feeding the gremlin. Overall I feel quite shapely and it is nice. I have been a steady weight for the last 2 weeks however, so will keep an eye. I am out of my work dresses and in maternity trousers and size 10 smocks which are big. I have a size 12 and hoping I won’t need the specialist maternity ones!!

IMG_5114

My aches and pains in my bum seem to be a lot better. I did a long walk on Bank Holiday Monday and was a bit achy but overall not as bad as the first trimester when I guess with hormones, everything was shifting around.

I am really starting to feel the little kicks now and they are visible which is amazing. Hubby and my Mum have managed to feel it too, which makes it feel very real.

My Feelings

Mentally I feel good and the only main worry I have about a new baby is hubby and I being wrecked, grumpy and it affecting the gremlin. I think a few more worries may raise their ugly head as the time gets closer but you never know!!

I just keep forgetting the little piglet is in there!! Then I will get a kick and remember.

The Gremlin

I thought I better start writing a paragraph about the little madam. She talks about the baby a lot and does ask questions about feeding, dummies, playing. Hubby has some great fun trying to re-enact how I was going to give birth (I cannot even share this picture!!) I told her a bit about C sections and how the doctor sometimes cuts the baby out. I also told her she came out of my baby hole and it seemed to go in and make sense. Usually with my gremlin she processes this and comes out with little nuggets, most likely at nursery. She calls the baby “her baby” and is very loving with my tummy and kisses it. We also said Mummy was hoping to give the baby “milk from my boobies” and she has enjoyed telling hubby he doesn’t have boobs etc. Oh the fun and games with toddlers!

I’m hoping to follow this post with the exciting gender reveal! Exciting!

1. May 13, 2016 / 8:15 am

Lovely bump photos Sarah and look forward to the gender reveal – hope all went well with the scan. Love the sound of the gremlin giving your bump kisses – she sounds like she is going to be a wonderful big sister. Good to hear that you have lots of energy at the moment too πŸ™‚
    Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) recently posted…The Friday Focus – 13/05/16My Profile

2. May 13, 2016 / 10:18 am

You are looking great….20 weeks already!! How exciting!
    It sounds like your Gremlin is looking forward to being a big sister πŸ˜€ x
    Kim Carberry recently posted…Feeling hot, hot, hot! #WotWMy Profile

3. May 13, 2016 / 10:35 am

Exciting times. Enjoy every moment, it goes too fast. Love Gremlins reactions. She is going to love being a big sister. #wotw

4. May 13, 2016 / 11:16 am

You’re looking fabulous for 20 weeks. I can’t wait for the gender reveal x
    Anne recently posted…Word of the Week – CalmMy Profile

5. May 13, 2016 / 2:00 pm

You are looking brilliant! I was whale-like by 20 weeks second time round! So pleased you’re feeling better now and sleeping well, makes such a huge difference. How sweet that the Gremlin is calling it her baby, too, that is lovely. I’m sure she’ll be excited when her sibling actually arrives. To be honest, you will be wrecked, but the happy hormones will take over and make it totally manageable! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x
    The Reading Residence recently posted…Word of the Week 13/5/16My Profile

6. May 13, 2016 / 2:41 pm

I have a body of a boy! I have broad shoulders and flat chest and non existent hips so when I got pregnant for the very first time in my life I feel like a woman and loved it!

I actually miss the curves but a baby is not in our plan! You look gorgeous and I cant wait for the gender reveal =)

#wotw
    Merlinda Little (Glimmer of Hope) recently posted…Bring Back PaperMy Profile

7. May 13, 2016 / 3:25 pm

Glad to hear you’ve been feeling a bit better lovely and that our bank holiday walk didn’t leave you in too much pain! Look forward to seeing how you do the gender reveal! Xx
    Caroline (Becoming a SAHM) recently posted…A lovely HolidayMy Profile

8. May 13, 2016 / 8:15 pm

I’m glad you’re starting to feel any better. It’s good that Gremlin is getting her head around it. I bet she’ll be a fantastic big sister. Thanks for linking up to the #BinkyLinky
    Emily recently posted…Binky LinkyMy Profile

9. May 13, 2016 / 11:14 pm

What a cute bump! I ate really well as I wasn’t that hungry and never craved anything so I didn’t really have to buy any maternity things apart from a few tops to fit down over my bump towards the end! Good Luck and I look forward to seeing more updates πŸ™‚

#binkylinky

10. Karen
    May 14, 2016 / 12:58 pm

You look fabulous! bless Gremlin, she will make a brilliant big sister πŸ™‚

11. May 14, 2016 / 7:43 pm

Haha ahhhh bless her, love the ‘baby hole’ I didn’t talk about anything like that with Alfie but we did talk about him having a baby sister alot and he loved rubbing my belly πŸ™‚ Glad you feeling lots better and your bump is coming along lovely #binkylinky #WotW
    helen gandy recently posted…Weekend Style #35My Profile

May 15, 2016 / 7:51 pm

Looking good Sarah and it’s great that you are feeling good thanks for linking to the Binkylinky

13. May 16, 2016 / 7:47 pm

Hehe yes it will be right round nursery what’s happening – cue embarrassing mummy moments. #WotW
    Helena recently posted…Living Arrows: Picking Flowers?My Profile