Slow Down – You are Pregnant!

Slow Down – You are Pregnant!

This week’s word has to be slow and maybe down.

Man, this is soooo hard. I’m almost at 30 weeks pregnant and having to cave a little.

I am quite often on the go a lot. I make plans on my days off work and like to be busy at weekends. Any regular readers will know I am a fitness nut and all the way through my pregnancy have kept at it. However, bottom line is I am bigger this time and am starting to feel more uncomfortable. I am getting more Braxton Hicks, general twinges and tummy ache (windy oops). I have had to knock certain exercises on the head, mainly jogging and anything like circuits. I’m still going but mainly cross training, using the stair master and sitting weights.

I am still at work for another 7 weeks after this weekend, so will take me up to 36.5 weeks. Hmmm, I am wondering if this may change. I am feeling more tired towards the end of the day and as many of you will know, the day doesn’t end when you walk through the door with a toddler.

I’m trying to play more games with the gremlin when we sit down. Babies, doctors, drawing and reading stories. Also I am doing more activities in the morning, like the gym or taking her out and about to do bits. We can chill a little more in the afternoon.

IMG_6576

I think all parents have that guilt about shoving the TV on but I think I am going to have to chill a little more about this. I usually try and avoid it until 4-5pm, unless I need 10 mins to make lunch or the gremlin is just very tired and needs a break. To be honest, sitting in front of the TV and watching a film with the gremlin is a nice idea!!

I get nagged from all ends; my Mum, step dad and even some friends have said take it easy. Hubby knows better but if I ask I get the help and rest.

So, if any of you see me hanging around the gym too much or too many activities going on, give me a yell.

I guess sometimes I forget I am growing a life and it is tiring!!!

Linky
The Reading Residence

1. July 15, 2016 / 6:53 am

Ahhh hun, sounds like maybe you do need to slow down a bit. I can’t believe you working till nearly 37 weeks,blimey I was ready at 32 weeks lol.Look after yourself honey.Popping over from #binkylinky #wotw

2. July 15, 2016 / 7:13 am

I guess it’s hard to slow down if you’re used to being so active! It takes me a week to recover from an hour of playing football these days so no idea how you lot all battle through with a little person on board Guess you just need to do what feels right #binkylinky

3. July 15, 2016 / 7:27 am

Look after yourself lovely, pregnancy is tiring especially when you have a toddler to take care of too. When I was pregnant with LM I generally lay down and rested for a few hours every afternoon… It helped that Monkey used to nap for 3 hours! But then my pelvic problems kind of forced me to slow down which though painful probably did me a favour as I just couldn’t keep up with my normal pace of life! Xx
    Caroline (Becoming a SAHM) recently posted…Siblings July 2016My Profile

4. July 15, 2016 / 11:06 am

I always felt like I didn’t want to do anything at all after the 30 week mark, but of course you have to plod on. You should listen to your body though, if you are feeling tired then it’s telling you to rest more. Take care of you and that lovely bump, what an adorable Dr you have x
    Anne recently posted…Courage – Word of the WeekMy Profile

5. July 15, 2016 / 12:02 pm

When I was pregnant with my son I am always on the go too! But yes stopping and resting does wonders as well. #wotw
    Merlinda Little (Glimmer of Hope) recently posted…Photography WeekMy Profile

6. July 15, 2016 / 12:04 pm

Sounds like your body wants you to slow down a little. You’re doing brilliantly well, I was basically a lump that barely moved during my second pregnancy due to complications, but of course, you have to with a toddler to chase about! I think lying down and watching a film with the Gremlin is a lovely idea and gives you both a cuddle and a rest, perfect πŸ™‚ Thanks for sharing with #WotW x
    The Reading Residence recently posted…Word of the Week 15/7/16My Profile

7. July 15, 2016 / 1:55 pm

Just listen to your body. I had days where I was loving getting to the gym but found myself curled up on the sofa by the afternoon. I also had to be really careful so was paranoid about every twinge, and all I was doing was the exercise bike and light weights. I hate the stairmaster at the best of times so I am impressed!! xx
    Fran Back With A Bump recently posted…Explaining TerrorismMy Profile

8. July 15, 2016 / 2:59 pm

Definitely take the time to slow down and rest – you’ll never get that time back!

9. July 15, 2016 / 4:22 pm

You are amazing for still doing all that at 30 weeks and working til over 36! I was led back with my feet up from 30 weeks onwards!! You’re an inspiration my love! #binkylinky

10. July 15, 2016 / 6:18 pm

I can’t claim to know how it all feels because I’m the other sex, the one that has to just wait patiently and feel useless!! But, I’m sure you will know what you’re capable of and when to slow down. πŸ™‚

11. July 15, 2016 / 11:54 pm

Remember to look after yourself. You are amazing. x

12. July 17, 2016 / 1:00 am

it’s so hard to slow down when you’re pregnant because your brain is thinking just as fast as normal it’s just that your body can’t always keep up! But do listen to your body – and your friends & family – and slow down, if nothing else so that you can reserve some of your energy for when baby arrives!
    Chill and relax!

13. July 17, 2016 / 2:21 pm

I’ve been surprised at how you’ve managed to keep going with the gym while pregnant. Then I’m not a fan of the gym preferring long country walks and even those I was told to reduce when pregnant with the second. #WotW
    Helena recently posted…Happy Days Linky: Family and Social MediaMy Profile

14. July 17, 2016 / 7:34 pm

It can be super hard to slow down when you have children who need entertaining. I like your ideas for ‘sit down’ activities though. I find play dough and lego are great too. Thanks for linking to the #BinkyLinky
    Emily recently posted…My Sunday PhotoMy Profile

July 17, 2016 / 8:02 pm

It’s very difficult to slow down but I’m sure you will know when it’s right to do so great post Thanks for linking to the #binkylinky come back next week please