The gremlin is 3 on Friday.
I think it feels like such a milestone as many of my first memories started when I was 3. Playing with my next door neighbour in Leeds, going to visit my Grandparents and having mince and gravy (which my Grandma made better than anyone else ever!) and teasing my long suffering cat, Hazel.
I don’t do posts that pour my heart out really. It’s not my blog style but I did want to write something for my little stinker as she approaches the 3 year old mark.
I thought 10 things about her would be nice and here we go:
- You are so gentle and lovely with other children. I have never had to worry about you hitting or lashing out at others. You have really learnt to share and be kind and this makes me very proud.
- Chocolate, cake and ice-cream make you happier than anything else in the world. We have never told you that these foods are “bad” and you enjoy them, as long as you eat your dinners….and YOU DO!
- You are a complete sucker for dresses and being a Princess. We have done nothing to encourage this but let you choose your clothes and hair within reason. You refuse to wear trousers though and all the lovely T-shirts I have bought you just sit in the flipping drawer!!
- You are a lazy little mare and would sit in the buggy or trolley all day long if you could. This makes food shopping a dream but can make town a bit tricky. You are getting much better though and I can’t wait to get you moving a bit more with some dance lessons.
- You definitely have figured out the differences between Mummy and Daddy. Daddy is the soft touch and you will play him up no end at bedtime. He is the one who will let you sit on his knee at meal times and you call out for him in the night, as he’s the one who will sit for ages by your bed. Mummy is the tough nut but gets a much easier life, with a lot less messing about. Mummy is also the one who gets all the kisses and cuddles too (sorry Daddy).
- You are developing a very silly sense of humour and get you in one of those moods; we are all in for some fun. Hiding and running off with our stuff, generally rolling about all over the floor and just grinning and snorting at everything. It is a bit difficult to blame you when your parents both have the most immature sense of humour ever too.
- You have learnt the why and have a curious nature; wanting to learn more about everything! We love this but do have to be careful not to tell you too much.
- You still do your little twitch when you are excited and playing alone with your make believe games. Your mouth opens wide and your legs go mad. I wonder if this will ever stop?
- You have started to get the idea that we check up on you and will test you. If you go to the toilet and don’t wash your hands we know. So you tell us to smell your hands for the dash of soap you probably put on them with a big grin on your face. Or we will ask to check your hands and you will run off to wash them when you haven’t bothered!!!
- You are rubbish when you hurt yourself or are in any pain. You refuse to let us look at anything, will cry for AGES and getting you in the bath is a nightmare. You are going to have to toughen up my little angel.
It has been an amazing, frustrating, enlightening, knackering, awesome and stroppy 3 years and you are loved so much, you little gremlin. We cannot wait to see what the next 3 years will bring.
Happy birthday darling.