Any regular readers and friends of mine will know my lovely hubby does the cooking in this house. Fabulous stuff and me and the gremlin love his dishes. When I was offered a review of one of the Tefal Cook4Me hubby was so excited, he wanted to write the review! So I hand this post over to him!
The Tefal Cook4Me?
What is it?
In short, it is an “all in one” automatic pressure cooker, that is also loaded with recipes. This description is probably hard to envisage, so instead, I’ll walk you through two scenarios: how you’d cook a casserole traditionally, and how you’d do it using the Cook4Me:
The Traditional Way
- Pre-heat your oven
- Prep all your veg
- Brown meat in pan, add veg, stock
- Transfer to casserole dish
- Cook for an hour or two
- Wash your pans whilst waiting
The Cook4Me Way
- Load up the recipe on the menu (or book provided), select the number of people you are cooking for (2,4 or 6)
- Prep veg whilst Cook4Me is pre-heating
- Brown meat veg in the Cook4Me, add veg and stock
- Put down the lid, press go
- Wait 35-40 mins, wait for the beep
- Enjoy food straight away, or wait until you’re ready… the Cook4Me keeps your food warm whilst waiting
So, as you can see, you only use one pan (less cleaning up), and due to the cooking at pressure, you can easily halve, if not quarter your time until food is ready. Also, due to the pressure cooking, you have to literally just leave it. You come back when it is done, and this makes it AWESOME.
Now I have picked the longest recipe in the above example: This is to cook stewing beef, which takes an age usually. If you were to do a chicken dish, you are talking 9 minutes. Again, AWESOME.
This nifty device can cover a full range of dishes from all the basics (rice, quinoa, various veg), both pressure cooking and steaming, through to soups, chowders, and main courses. We are also talking these pre-loaded recipes: switch on, follow the instructions, great food.
Now, before any big purchase, I always tend to ruminate over the specific benefits and use scenarios just to make sure this isn’t just a very long winded impulse buy. So, in this case, here’s a list of scenarios and reasons why you’ll love this:
1) You like to eat good hearty from-scratch meals, but haven’t got the time (and sometimes inclination) to do it. The pressure cooking speediness, and “just let it cook it for you” ticks this box several times over.
2) You burn meals due to continual interruption from the kids… yep this won’t be a problem anymore. The Cook4Me regulates the temperature so you don’t get burning, and it keeps it warm once done.
3) You need a new repertoire of everyday meals. The Cook4Me is chock full of these!
4) Consistency: Follow the recipe, same results every time.
5) For those “not cooking on gas”, this is electric only. If you were really inclined, you could take it to another place and again get consistent results (I hate using other people’s cookers!).
6) Last , but probably the most important: the results are FANTASTIC!!!
To balance this list out, I do need to put one con however:
1) It isn’t the smallest of kitchen items. 37cm wide, 36cm deep, 32cm high (approximately). To be fair, this cooks for 6 people, so even a pan to do this volume of cooking will be the same size!
I’ve also pulled together a very amateur video of me making risotto: I’m not a “vlogger” so please forgive the rough and ready camera work… it was also pretty hard cooking with one hand!
There are also loads of videos on the Tefal website for you to really get a feel for this great piece of kit.
I was impressed. The wife was impressed! This product really is worth it and with another baby on the way, I reckon it is going to get a lot of use!
As you can see over at the Run Jump Scrap household, we really loved the product and all loved the food it produced. Thanks hubby for the review!
Disclosure – we were provided with the product free of charge, in exchange for a review. All thoughts and opinions are our own.