The Magic of Disney

The Magic of Disney

My gremlin is already obsessed with going to “Mickey Land”. This is her code for Disney land. As a family it is something we have planned for the future when the gremlin is about 6 and her sister (which still sounds so weird) is probably about 3. My Mum is already saving and has been since our last trip.

I love Disney and have been to the Florida resort twice and to Disneyland Paris twice. Our most recent trip was in 2011, where hubby proposed on Clearwater beach. We had gone with my Mum and step-Dad and just had the best holiday. I had wanted to go one more time before I had children, as knew then it would be a totally different kind of trip. We enjoyed all the theme parks, stayed in a fabulous villa, had some cracking BBQs and hung out late at night by the pool. Brilliant and definitely what was ordered pre-kids.

I loved the magic of Disney and could already start to see how fun coming to the Magic Kingdom could be with little ones, especially a girl, if she fell in love with princesses! Fast forward to now and I am expecting my second girl and already have one who is princess obsessed. I know they will love a holiday completely Disney themed.

249327_684225890894_22505_n

249084_684224877924_2543_n

250314_684225117444_6182922_n

What I have never considered however is a Disney-themed cruise. My Mum and step-Dad have cruised before and did have a fab time, visiting a variety of places and taking in the sites via boat. They met some great people, had lovely food and explored a lot of Europe.

IgluCruise offer trips on the Disney Cruise liners, which will bring a holiday with everything Disney from musicals, to character meets, to themed deck parties. Think lots of bright and vibrant entertainment for the children and you will be there. My gremlin loves meeting characters and now is much more confident with approaching and greeting them. Meeting Mickey on a daily basis would have her in seventh heavens of delight.

My hubby was so skeptical of the Disney moto at the time of our visit “Let the Memories Begin” but Disney does just have that magical lure and I think with children, the inner skeptic will melt!

What about you?

Do you have a bit of Disney love?

Disclosure – this is a collaborative post.

My Kid Doesnt Poop Rainbows
My Petit Canard

1. September 12, 2016 / 1:18 pm

I LOVE Disney! I think we must have about 90% of all the Disney films ever made on our shelves. I have never been to a Disney resort, though, and it is something I really, REALLY want to do! I also had a friend who used to work on the Disney cruise ship! #MarvMondays
    Lucy At Home recently posted…We’re Going On A Blackberry HuntMy Profile

2. September 12, 2016 / 2:17 pm

Visiting Disney is my dream holiday! Being one of 6, it was something that could never have happened as child, but I did go with a few of my siblings to Disney Paris when I was 17. Unfortunately, I was going through a stroppy phase and didn’t want to be there, so as much as I enjoyed the rides, I didn’t enjoy the magic as much as I’d like. I know Disney Florida will be a once in a lifetime holiday for us, so we are waiting until we’ve finished having babies and can take them all at an appropriate age but I may try and do Paris sometime in the next few years with Alfie #marvmondays
    Something About Baby recently posted…Returning to Work after Maternity LeaveMy Profile

3. September 12, 2016 / 6:02 pm

We’ve been to Paris 3 times and Florida once, I love Disney! Can’t wait to take the kids, just need to save the money for it x #marvmondays
    Emma Plus Three recently posted…Bloom & Wild #LetterboxflowersMy Profile

4. September 12, 2016 / 8:54 pm

I would LOVE to visit Disney as you know, it’s on my bucket list. Never considered a cruise though, hubby always worried about being sea sick 😮 #marvmondays
    helen gandy recently posted…The Big Step…..Starting School *sob*My Profile

5. September 12, 2016 / 10:08 pm

It sounds like you have had some great trips. I have never been but we have been talking recently about when we are taking our girls, would love for it to be soon! #MarvMondays

6. September 13, 2016 / 3:14 am

I’m a Disney homer. I’ve been almost a dozen times to Florida and only had a kid with me once. I have lots of friends in FL and its easier to get a direct flight into Orlando than anywhere else, so I spend a few days there and then drive to wherever my true destination is.
    jeremy@thirstydaddy recently posted…You Can Call Me SirMy Profile

7. September 16, 2016 / 10:40 pm

I love Disney too and we’re planning to take our little ones when they are probably a similar age – both old enough to appreciate and enjoy the magic of Disney! I’ve also been to the Florida park twice and Paris once and cant wait to go back with little ones! Thanks for sharing this on #MarvMondays. Emily