It’s insane to think that hubby is back at work on Tuesday. Paternity leave has flown by and little Piglet will be 2 weeks old. We have had a lovely time; some little hiccups but that is to be expected when there is a new baby in the house.
There has been plenty to be happy about and this is what has made us happy:
- The gremlin being so accepting of Piglet. There has been giddiness, lots of Piglet mauling and some not listening but not massively more than normal. I think the gremlin has just welcomed her into the household and as long as her routine is not changed too much; all is well.
- A few outings with Piglet – we have had a couple of walks as a 4 and a trip into Solihull when the gremlin was at nursery.
- A bit of time as a three to enjoy Piglet. The gremlin being at nursery two days a week gives us more time for her and we registered her birth and had some pizza!
- Some gorgeous mornings. I had to nip outside and take a couple of pictures of the sunrises.
- My first public breastfeeds went without a hitch. Piglet wanted feeding when her birth was registered and when were in Pizza Hut twice – some definite clustering.
- Some lie ins! Been a very long time since I saw 7.40am on the clock. As I have had some nights feeding where hubby has slept more, he has got up with the gremlin and I have caught up on some sleep.
- Shopping! I bought myself a fab top from H and M and treated the gremlin and Piglet to spooky clothes in readiness for Halloween. Nice to get out. Will be waiting to get back to the gym before getting some new jeans!!
We will be having more family time at the weekend before I psych myself up for some solo parenting next week. I think should be ok, as long as I never aim to be out before 10am!!
Wish me luck!!