Siblings – October

I’m a bit late to the party for my October siblings post as I realised they are meant to be posted in the middle of the month.

img_8712

However, I decided as I actually have 2 children (OMG) I didn’t want to wait until next month to write my post about my girls.

Piglet has just passed the 4 week mark (insane) but awesome and my gremlin has been a big sister for all of that time. I’m not saying it has been easy with two but the gremlin has been no where near as bad as she could have been.

img_8716

We do think she is quite conflicted at times. There is an obvious massive love between her and her baby sister. In the mornings, Piglet is the first person she wants to see, she wants to touch her all the time and she is VERY affectionate.  There has never been any aggression from her which we knew would be the case but we have seen some sneaky touching of Piglet by the gremlin’s foot or hand and a sneaky look at us for a reaction. We have found the nagging and getting at her to be gentle very tiresome. I hate nagging. I hate the look on her face when we tell her off. We try so hard not to shout but we still feel we are being quite negative. Unfortunately, the gremlin has not changed and a lot of behaviours are repeated!!

img_8644

She does play up when the attention is on her sister. This is usually giddy behaviour and not listening. We feel there is some resentment and jealously present but the gremlin isn’t sure how to play those feelings, so acts up. I guess those feelings are normal. You love your family but sometimes you are just fed up with them. Rather, than be awful to them, you are generally a pain in the backside!!

Piglet knows her sister; this is very obvious. She tracks her voice, doesn’t seem to mind the cuddles and batterings and can calm down when the gremlin is around (as long as she isn’t getting poked). The gremlin is already being really helpful and will rock the car seat for me, if we are on our way out and her tired sister is yelling at me. She fetches clothes, passes me nappies and sings to her sister if she is getting arsey on the changing mat!

These things are lovely to see.

img_9145

We have survived the first 4 weeks as a family of four. I’m sure as time passes it will become even more normal. I’m already looking forward to my next siblings post. How will my girls be doing in November?

Twin Mummy and Daddy
The Reading Residence

1. October 28, 2016 / 9:35 am

I do love watching a sibling bond develop, it’s a special thing. My son always saved his biggest baby smiles for his big sister and she absolutely loved that! Beautiful photos x Thanks for sharing with #WotW
    The Reading Residence recently posted…Word of the Week 28/10/16My Profile

2. October 28, 2016 / 10:01 am

Yay for your first siblings post! I love how you can see that bond right from the start – how Piglet calms down for the gremlin and tracks her voice and it sounds like you have a very helpful and loving big sister on the whole. Those little moments of being jealous are very, very normal and all part of adjusting to the changes. We had exactly the same thing with Jessica and Sophie when Sophie was a baby and to see their lovely bond now is the most beautiful thing in the world 🙂 #WotW
    Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) recently posted…The Friday Focus 28/10/16 – Celebrating Sophie’s birthdayMy Profile

3. October 28, 2016 / 12:39 pm

Such adorable photos! 🙂 It’s great to see how they already obviously have a bond this early, so cute! #wotw
    Dean of Little Steps recently posted…All About HalloweenMy Profile

4. October 28, 2016 / 12:46 pm

Aww! Gorgeous photos!
    It sounds like you are all getting along brilliantly….A little bit of jealously is quite normal. I remember it when my youngest way born….I am sure everything will settle down soon.
    #WotW
    Kim Carberry recently posted…A family week. #WotWMy Profile

5. October 28, 2016 / 1:02 pm

This makes my heart melt, I am due #2 in march when Finlay will be 4. He can be a terror and it worries me how he will take to having a younger sibling. He seems very excited now, but like you have said, the odd little pokes and prods for a reaction I can imagine Finlay doing!! What a lovely little family 🙂 xx

6. October 28, 2016 / 4:40 pm

I love the photo of the three of you together. I also love that you’re letting big sister be so involved and encouraging her to help. If it takes a village to raise a child, Gremlin needs to feel a part of that village and I think you’re on the right track there. #ThatFridayLinky

7. October 29, 2016 / 5:44 am

Lovely photos! We’ve just reached the 3 month mark- cannot believe how fast it’s going! Sounds like you’re all doing brilliantly! #thatfridaylinky

October 30, 2016 / 12:45 pm

Sibling love is fascinating and the bond is going to get stronger by the day and they will be inseparable loving these siblings posts Thanks for linking to the #THAT FRIDAY LINKY come back next week please

9. October 30, 2016 / 2:12 pm

We had exactly the same with Jack when Joe was born, he loved him but felt he was a bit of an inconvenience. It takes time to adapt especially when that new person is taking all their attention they used to take for granted. She will get there xx
    Sarah Christie recently posted…A Walk In The Woods, My Sunday PhotoMy Profile

10. October 30, 2016 / 4:38 pm

They look so cute together. I bet when they’re older, they’ll be such good friends. Thanks for linking up to #ThatFridayLinky
    Emily recently posted…An Elf for Christmas ReviewMy Profile

11. November 3, 2016 / 10:51 am

We have two children with similar age splits to yours and I’m glad on the whole everything is going well. Our eldest (nearly 3) is also good but we have seen a jump in his rough and tumble since our baby (1) began to crawl and now attempts to walk. If she’s near his toys…well drama doesn’t come close haha.
    David – Potty Adventures
    #thatfridaylinky
    David Mellor recently posted…10 Christmas Stocking Fillers for outdoor adventurersMy Profile