I’ve been a mum of 2 for all of 8 weeks. Sounds like nothing but feels like forever!
Honestly at the moment, I love it. It’s not easy. I have sweet FA time it feels and who is my hubby? I forget as we are tag teaming so much. But I love having two gorgeous girls. I love mat leave and I’m trying to make the most of my teeny one whilst she is teeny.
These posts are common (sorry) but being a mum of two is so different to those first few weeks with one, where everything is new and crazy.
These are my truths.
- You definitely have enough love in your heart for two. I did worry a little about loving little Piglet as much as the gremlin. How will I be able to? However, as soon as Piglet was in my arms I was besotted. Still am.
- Your newborn is EASY! They eat, sleep and poo. Your toddler on the other hand answers back, needs their bum wiping, never listens, wants to play, needs actual food and tries every trick in the book to avoid sleep! Why did I not know this when the gremlin was a newborn?
- You learn you are more patient than you ever thought. When you have a screaming newborn and your toddler is climbing all over them and you and you want to explode….you don’t (well not every time). You can’t or you would be screaming at the toddler ALL THE TIME
- You don’t care about half the rubbish you did first time around. I was a black and white no to co sleeping but now if Piglet has an early morning feed I just let her sleep with me and hubby isn’t disturbed. I need sleep; I’m a better person. I don’t care about cuddling all the time, baby wearing…all the things I was worried about last time. I’m making the most of this little munch.
- You have no time (I alluded to this earlier). With a newborn not sleeping until 10pm, it is full on from dawn till dusk. I haven’t straightened my hair since my baby shower. I blog on my phone and luckily hubby works from home, so I can slot the gym early morning. We are hoping to start Operation “Piglet to bed earlier” very soon!!
- Online food shopping is a must and is awesome. No way am I taking the pair of them for a mid shop breast feed with the gremlin in tow. Just no.
- I can clean a toilet in a 5 minute window.
- Bubba no 2 will rarely get weighed. The health visitor just popped in and I’d not gone since she last came (oops!)
- Number 2 will just fit in. There are less worries about taking them out. If we want to eat out we’re going. If you have to pick the first up, the second just tags along. You have to entertain that toddler TRUST ME!!!
- You don’t feel bad about keeping your first in nursery. I get two days a week as the gremlin gets her free child care now. That time with the second is so needed and lovely, as you wouldn’t see them. Poor Piglet sits in her bouncer a lot. A toddler free day for cuddles on the sofa – tick. House work – sod off.
It’s so funny. You really think having just the one is so hard but having two…you just adapt and in a way get on with it! It’s different and challenging but really fun. I feel I have already been tested to my limits so I reckon I’m going to have to stretch my limits a bit further.
How about you? Anything you can add?