It’s been and gone again. Christmas. All that prep and excitement and it’s over in a flash. I do like to write about it and share some of our lovely photos and I liked how my friend Caroline at Becoming a Stay at Home Mum had written about her highs (and lows) of Christmas 2016, so here they are.
- The gremlin not ripping open her presents at 100 mph and not really looking at them. It was nice to see her get excited and take her time a bit.
- Piglet loving her new Sophie’s Giraffe toy. She is definitely a baby who likes to chew.
- The gremlin playing the most with one of the cheapest toys we got her – a fake Barbie and a pram and two small babies. She loved it!
- Getting to straighten my hair and dress the girls up a bit.
- Pancakes and scrambled eggs for breakfast. The gremlin loved her Nutella!!
- Hubby did a great job of Christmas dinner and I had yummy profiteroles for pudding as I don’t like Christmas pudd.
- Seeing all my family later on Christmas Day.
- Round 2 of presents. It was immense. I have never seen so much stuff in my life. My Nan and Mum have vowed to reign it in next year, as we almost lost Piglet under paper!!
- Piglet being so awesome and sleeping both nights from 7.30ish all through the night. Alcohol? Yes please.
- Fabulous Boxing Day food including turkey curry.
- Watching the gremlin play with everyone and we got a little break (to sit and catch up on Christmas Eastenders!!)
- Watching how excited the gremlin was eating chocolate fondue and seeing how even more excited she was watching others eat it! She’s a chocolate voyeur.
- Staying up with my bro until almost 1am, putting the world to rights and sipping Prosecco.
- Piglet generally being an absolute angel. She is so chilled at the moment and went for cuddles with everyone or chilled in her bouncer. Just making the most of her.
We had some fun moments, as you always do with kids and generally at Christmas. The gremlin hurt her sister whilst in the car somehow. Piglet cried like she never had before so we knew something was wrong and it was horrible. Hubby forget to eat the stuffing, despite cooking it. It also took us almost 90 minutes to get out of the house on Christmas Day and get to my Mum’s!!
Overall we had a fab couple of days with lovely food and good company.
I hope you had a brilliant time too!