Siblings December

I’m actually a little early for my siblings post this month! It’s due on the 15th but I decided I would get organised. It’s hard to believe the gremlin has been a big sister for 3 months almost and my little Piglet will be moving out of the newborn phase. Scary but exciting as she is coming along so well.

So another month has passed? Is the gremlin any less all over her sister. No. Absolutely not. She is STILL smothering her sister with love and kisses at every opportunity. We know this is mainly genuine as Piglet can be sat alone minding her own business and she is pounced on. At other times, me or hubby or my Mum can have Piglet and the gremlin has to intervene too. We think this is more of a jealousy thing as the attention is not on her. I’m getting used to it now and so is Piglet but for anyone not around much, I hear audible gasps and the gremlin “loves” her sister. I think poor Piglet just looks squashed. Piglet does get pretty fed up sometimes and yells at the gremlin and this still helps us removing Piglet from the clutches of her big sister.

Regardless of this, Piglet obviously loves her sister as her eyes are always on the gremlin when she is around. She is responding much more with smiles and coos to the gremlin and this really has helped with bonding and love. There has been no obvious aggression and meanness from the gremlin to Piglet and this is the most important thing in my eyes.

The gremlin is definitely just herself now. Any playing up and giddiness is just her being a 3 year old and is manageable. I’ve had a couple of occasions when both are crying; Piglet was tired and the gremlin hurt herself. I had to tag team between the two and this is fun when you are trying to get out of the house!

Overall my girls are definitely bonding and I’m hoping their relationship really continues to grow.

See you in January!

Mummascribbles

The Me and Mine Project

1. December 13, 2016 / 5:35 pm

Such beautiful pictures! I imagine that like my boys they will be both good friends and sworn enemies several times a day!
    jen @ thehollyhockdoor recently posted…Death by hummusMy Profile

2. December 14, 2016 / 6:43 am

So many lovely photos of them together for you to look back on! I think there’s always going to be a bit of jealousy when a new sibling comes along but its lovely to see they clearly love each other! #Bestandworst

3. December 14, 2016 / 7:33 am

Ah she looks like she loves her little sister and that’s definitely better than being jealous. Be glad she’s small enough not to lug her aboit everywhere like we have in our house. “Put your sister down!!”. Thanks for hosting as ever #bestandworst
    Fran Back With a Bump recently posted…The Great Phone DebateMy Profile

4. December 14, 2016 / 7:36 am

GORGEOUS photos. You have 2 beautiful children. This is a lovely post and it’s so heart warming to see your 2 daughters bond. It almost makes me want to add to my family. Almost, mind! #bestandworst
    Rach recently posted…Money TalksMy Profile

5. December 14, 2016 / 8:34 am

Your girls look adorable! The bond is there, it will always be there and it will only go stronger.Still, some rivals and jelousy are the feelings that come along with siblings. And that’s normal and how it should be, but they will always stand up for one another and just wait till they plot together against you!¨;) That is so adorable, thinking they can win;))))

6. December 14, 2016 / 10:12 am

Aww your girls are so cute! Leo is a bit too squashy with his brother too..I just think 3yrars don’t know their own strength!Gorgeous pictures xx #bestandworst
    Wendy recently posted…The Christmas TagMy Profile

7. December 14, 2016 / 12:12 pm

Ah this is so lovely! Must be amazing to see their bond and relationship develop. I can’t wait for Alfie to have a sibiling – I hope he is as lovely! #Bestandworst

8. December 14, 2016 / 5:40 pm

Ah this takes me back to the early days of life with two girls. As I look at them in front of me snuggled up in Elsa dresses I’m realising how fast it’s gone. Enjoy xx
    #bestandworst
    Mummuddlingthrough recently posted…The weirdness of bloggingMy Profile

9. December 14, 2016 / 6:53 pm

Absolutely gorgeous Sarah! I’m so happy for you! It must be lovely seeing the start of their special bond. My sister and I have always been besties. xx #bestnworst
    teacuptoria recently posted…An Ode To ChristmasMy Profile

10. December 14, 2016 / 8:29 pm

I can’t believe no one has mentioned Piglet giving poor little Gremlin the finger, haha. I’m sure its in a… “why are you so happy when I don’t know why I’m crying for our picture” kind of finger. Haha. Gorgeous pictures of the girls x
    Renee @peonieandme recently posted…Christmas Gift Guide – The toddler edition… xMy Profile

11. December 14, 2016 / 8:29 pm

December 14, 2016 / 8:56 pm

Beautiful post sarah and your two little ones are so cute fab photos thanks for hosting #bestandworst

13. December 14, 2016 / 9:30 pm

Hi Sarah

Lovely pictures, perfect for using to embarrass them later on in life if they ever have an argument and need reminding that they used to play nicely together.

14. December 14, 2016 / 10:32 pm

Such gorgeous photos and it’s plain to see how they have bonded. I love their little Christmas outfits! Still can’t believe that Piglet is three months old!! HOW??? #bestandworst
    five little doves recently posted…Furry Friends Watch Review & GiveawayMy Profile

15. December 15, 2016 / 4:52 am

I love your pictures! What cuties! #bestandworst

16. December 15, 2016 / 7:27 pm

How lovely are the girls 🙂 I think they will be best friends. #Bestandworst

17. December 15, 2016 / 8:34 pm

oh my they are so cuuuuute! really lovely pictures
    #bestandworst

18. December 15, 2016 / 9:29 pm

Its such a lovely and special time.I’m sure they will be good friends.My little ones are close in age and although they do fight they are best friends.Beautiful pics xx
    Jenny-apply to face blog recently posted…The Mother Sticky Toffee Cake.My Profile

19. December 16, 2016 / 7:13 am

My word, so you have had the little one! This is shocking, shows how long I’ve been away from your blog for which I do apologise, just been manic (though not as manic as you!!). Very interesting reading your post. Reminds me of when our youngest came along. Helen adjusted to it well but for the next year I was constantly badgered to spend time with her. Think she was worried she wouldn’t be the centre of attention any longer. Great pics by the way, that is one impressive baby gro!

20. December 17, 2016 / 3:41 pm

Gorgeous pictures. My youngest is 2 now and her big brother is still hugging her all the time. They have such a great bond and she’s a feisty little thing and quick to give him a shove if he’s getting in her face too much!
    #Bestandworst
    Alana – Burnished Chaos recently posted…Words To Live By #9: Family Comes FirstMy Profile

21. December 17, 2016 / 8:51 pm

Awww it’s lovely to read how there relationship is blossoming. I must write an update of how my babies are getting along before it passes. #bestandworst
    Helena recently posted…Gift Guide For BabiesMy Profile

22. December 18, 2016 / 7:29 am

Oh they are so sweet together, love grems little Santa dress and piglet is far too cute! Look forward to the next update. #bestandworst
    helen gandy recently posted…My Sunday Photo – 18/12/16My Profile

23. December 19, 2016 / 3:41 pm

A wonderful thing! Your girls are just too cute! Girls as young as your little gremlin cannot fake emotion. Just not possible! (Unless it’s faking being pissed off, which comes easily for humans of any age.)

My big sister was 3 years older than me. It was and still is a heavenly relationship! My sister taught me to read, hula-hoop, ride a bike…nearly everything! She loved being given jobs by my mom and dad and reveled in that for many years.

You are a very lucky woman! #bestandworst
    Carolina Twin Mom / Mary Peterson recently posted…Creating Our Own Christmas TraditionsMy Profile