Instagram….stories!

Instagram….stories!

The week’s word is actually two – Instagram stories.

I love them!

Have any of you Instagram lovers got involved yet? I have been doing them for a while, as think they were launched in August last year but I’ve really been enjoying them recently. I generally love Instagram and have been using it a lot more regardless but the stories are just that bit more fun!

Basically you record little snippets for your followers to watch. You can just take a picture and decorate it if you don’t want to record a video. The pics can be as creative as you want! The stories only last 24 hours and disappear.

I never really understood/understand Snap Chat and I don’t always tend to jump on band wagons that often but with Instagram Stories I was curious. I have always wanted to vlog but a) don’t really have that much exciting to talk about, b) have no more time to throw into the blog and c) wouldn’t know where to start.

The beauty of Instagram stories is you can have a little chat to the camera when you feel like it. I have found it strangely therapeutic. You know when you are having a crap day and there is no one to vent to apart from a 3 month old? Step aside Piglet, I can vent into the ether! Brilliant.As I have been struggling a little recently, recording and watching some videos has really cheered me up. Although, you can see who has watched each story, I’m not too bothered. I figure if I annoy people, they won’t watch or they will block me. If they want a little nosey into my life on maternity leave, then view away.

I try to show a bit of everything; the cute, the crap and the funny. Also I enjoy looking back over my day in the evening.

The downside is it can take over a little bit and is another way for you to lose a shed-load of time. I also like to sit and watch a few stories now and then. I have my faves, some who don’t blog but those who do, I enjoy: Pink, Pear Bear, My Petit Canard, The Ordinary Mum, Helen at All the Beautiful Things, Odd Hogg and Beauty, Baby and Me.  I wish I could sit and watch more but I would actually have no life!

How about you? Have you got into Instagram Stories?

Twin Mummy and Daddy
The Reading Residence

1. January 13, 2017 / 7:40 am

I’ve not tried insta stories yet but the way you’ve sold it to me has piqued my interest! Your little one is just SO gorgeous and as you know I’m currently very broody – she is making my broody levels soar!!!! #fridaylinky
    Rach recently posted…Wanting Another BabyMy Profile

2. January 13, 2017 / 9:29 am

I think I’ve mentioned before but I love watching your Insta stories, you are a natural and so funny. I can easily lose an hour catching up with everyone’s videos. I don’t know what it is about being able to have a peek in to people’s day to day lives I think it makes us Mama’s feel less alone. #WotW
    Angela Webster recently posted…Podcasts, Pounds, & Minimalism #LittleLovesMy Profile

3. January 13, 2017 / 10:44 am

I’ve not really got into Instagram Stories, but I have watched some, in fact I’m pretty sure I’ve watched some of yours 🙂 I may have a go one day, I could end up addicted though if it’s therapeutic like you say x
    Anne recently posted…Confused – Word of the WeekMy Profile

4. January 13, 2017 / 11:17 am

I’ve seen these, but haven’t used them yet. Now I’m curious so will have to go and have a look! Thanks for linking up to #ThatFridayLinky
    Emily recently posted…The Joy of Online ShoppingMy Profile

5. January 13, 2017 / 12:37 pm

I have never got into Instagram stories but I will have a look at yours….
    I am rubbish when it comes to Instagram though….It’s probably my least used social media account. Eek x
    Kim Carberry recently posted…This week has been one big pain! #WotWMy Profile

6. January 13, 2017 / 1:55 pm

Aha, funnily enough I put my first pic on there today – just one snap so far, not sure how I’ll find it but at least I gave it a go! Glad you’re enjoying it x Thanks for sharing with #WotW
    The Reading Residence recently posted…Word of the Week 13/1/17My Profile

7. January 13, 2017 / 3:20 pm

I’ve been such a slacker when it comes to Instagram and can’t even remember the last time I posted to it. It’s been long enough though that I had no idea about Instagram Stories — thanks for sharing! #WotW

8. January 13, 2017 / 9:01 pm

Ahh yes you know I love an Insta story hehe, I love watching other peoples too, I tend to batch watch a few before bed, it’s like my guilty please lol. Popping over from #ThatFridayLinky #WotW
    helen gandy recently posted…Why I’m Rocking Motherhood…….My Profile

January 15, 2017 / 8:34 am

I have not tried this yet but it looks great must try it Thanks for linking to the #THAT FRIDAY LINKY come back next week please

10. January 17, 2017 / 11:02 am

I do like the odd Insta Story but I feel like I’m running out of time – there is so much social media I want to watch and engage with that if I did I’d never leave the house!
    I’m also with you on Snap Chat. Every now and again me & the kids play with the filters but do nothing with it. They’re funny if you’re looking to pass time on a train!
    #WoTW
    tracey at Mummyshire recently posted…Finding Family Portrait Photographers Using BidvineMy Profile