Struggling and a 2017 Bucket List

Struggling and a 2017 Bucket List

I don’t like to write about the negative too much on my blog. Some people find it cathartic but I prefer to talk to people rather than write or share online. So I won’t share much. Perhaps, more in time.

The last 4-6 weeks have been a bit tough. The complete joy and happiness of having Piglet has burst a little; hormones? Maybe but I have been feeling a little anxious and stressed and perhaps not myself. This all started after getting mastitis and that niggly feeling has not gone away. It may be mild PND and I’m dealing with that, hoping it will pass.

It’s HARD being a mother or 2 sometimes. I love my little gremlin so much but she is a complete threenager at the moment and parenting alone, even for the 3 days a week, is tough. I’m constantly nagging her, trying to keep her busy and also encouraging her to play alone a bit. I get two days when she is at nursery to have some time with her sister and this does help.

I’ve seen the 2017 bucket lists flying about and thought why not? This may help me get in a better frame of mind and plan a bit for the year ahead.

Since being a family of 4, which is lovely, time just seems to slip away so quickly and rather than wasting it, I feel it’s important to have a list of things I personally would like to achieve and as a family.

2016 was a bit crazy. January started with me starting some private dietetic work (which I since have quit, due to it not working out), we put the house up for sale and bought our current house and oh….I fell pregnant with Piglet. Pretty busy times. This year, I am hoping for some more fun but perhaps in a more settled manner?

So here is the 2017 bucket list:

• Travel on a plane as a family of 4 (yes this is a crazy one). We are hoping to see friends in Spain in April and perhaps a family holiday in May.
  • Get my massage!! Some of my lovely friends clubbed together for a massage for me for my baby shower; obviously to use after the birth of Piglet. I’m really feeling the need to use this!
  • Visit more National Trust sites. We are very lucky to have a few lovely ones local to us but I’m always keen to go further afield and see some more. They are also a fab place to meet half way with friends.
  • Read more! I really want to read more books to chill out a bit. Hubby thinks we should do more of this before bed, rather than messing about on phones. He is so right!
  • Go to an indoor trampolining place. They look so much fun and I think the gremlin will love it. One has opened reasonably close to us and I am dying to go and try it out when the knee feels fully better (it is getting there).
  • Start the gremlin at swimming lessons. We tried dancing and I think it just wasn’t the right time for her so have put on hold for a bit. I need her to do something so swimming is a good start!
  • Use my paper diary/planner. I love my phone but sometimes it is a bit crap and I like to write things down and make notes, especially if blogging.
  • Get a new hair colour and maybe style. My next colour is going to be a balayage. I just have to decide on the exact colours. I am also debating getting some off the length but think I may completely regret it!!
  • Meditate more. I have done this in the past and it really helps with relaxation. Finding the time is important.
  • Focus on keeping fit but not make it an obsession. I’m never going to look like a fitness model; I don’t have the time to train or eat enough. Plus I’m finding the older I get the more I get injured. So for now, recovering from having Piglet and maintaining my fitness will be my goal.
  • See my friends and spend more time with hubby. I know the first year will a baby can be hard to socialise as much but I hope to get some date nights with hubby and see friends I have not seen in ages.

I’m sure I could think of a few more things to add but for now that will do. I’m a fixer so hopefully focusing on the above will be a good way of keeping positive for the year ahead!

Have you any plans for 2017?

Twin Mummy and Daddy
The Reading Residence

1. January 6, 2017 / 5:38 am

I hope you get to do all you can on your bucket list. Especially the massage and hair style possible change. And I hope everything gets better for you as well. xx

2. January 6, 2017 / 6:59 am

Life with 2 children is a huge change. We have had to change how we do things a lot. I think it’s good that you have recognised you’re not feing 100% and now you can focus on taking care of yourself. I share a lot of these things, my hair really needs a cut and I went to an indoor trampolining place last weekend. 🙂 #thatfridaylinky
    The Hippy Christian Mum recently posted…Relationships and the Zombie ApocalypseMy Profile

3. January 6, 2017 / 7:34 am

Sorry to hear you’re feeling poop but looks like a great list of things to get you motivated. There’s a natiobal trust place not that far from us, banbury way so we should meet there!! #thatfridaylinky
    Fran Back With a Bump recently posted…A Year of BloggingMy Profile

4. January 6, 2017 / 8:01 am

Im totally with you having 2 is bloody hard work esp when one of them has been poorly. Your welcome to message me if u ever need to chat (thou im sure you have plenty of support). Im also sorting a bucket list for this year too much time gets wasted.x

5. January 6, 2017 / 8:11 am

Sorry to hear you’re feeling like this lovely, I’m sure it’ll pass in time. Be kind to yourself but if it does continue don’t hesitate to chat to GP, there’s some great methods of treatment out there for PND. Re your bucket list, you have a great list of things you want to achieve here. I’m sure you’ll do it. You’re so inspirational. #thatfridaylinky
    Rach recently posted…The Sinister Side Of TwitterMy Profile

6. January 6, 2017 / 8:37 am

That list seems really positive, so hopefully better days ahead as you find some balance. Enjoy the massage and the new hair and I am a big fan of a paper diary for feeling a bit more in control! X

7. January 6, 2017 / 9:59 am

Aww hun I’m sorry you’ve been struggling a bit. I know how you feel a bit – a lot! I’m so fed up of having a baby suffering with a cold. It makes him so unhappy and so we have an awful lot of crying! Having a baby is hard but I know you’re doing a fab job lovely. You know where I am if you need a vent. #ThatFridayLinky

8. January 6, 2017 / 10:00 am

Sorry to hear you re having a rough time at the moment, I felt similar after having Jake and having a 3 year old to occupy at the same time. Some days were truly awful but it does get better I promise. Great bucket list for the year, I keep saying I will read before bed but the lure of YouTube and Insta-stories (yours are fab by the way) is too strong. Hope you feel a bit better soon x #WotW
    Angela Webster recently posted…Magic, Frosty Mornings & Plans #LittleLovesMy Profile

9. January 6, 2017 / 11:03 am

Sending love and hugs. Sorry you aren’t feeling too good….
    Good luck with your bucket list. You have some great ideas x
    #WotW
    Kim Carberry recently posted…Back to normal. #WotWMy Profile

10. January 6, 2017 / 11:11 am

So sorry to hear that you have been struggling, there is nothing wrong in admitting it, having children is not an easy ride for many women. It’s good to make plans and your years sounds good, enjoy it all x
    Anne recently posted…Frost – Word of the WeekMy Profile

11. January 6, 2017 / 11:45 am

Sorry to hear you’re struggling, it is hard having a baby and a threenager, I do know! I think lots of the things on this list sound really positive and should help with lots to look forward to and things like putting plans on paper and reading and lifelines for me – I couldn’t do without them! Hope they help you x Thanks for sharing with #WotW
    The Reading Residence recently posted…Word of the Week 6/1/17My Profile

12. January 6, 2017 / 1:04 pm

I’ve written a bucket list post too! It’s scheduled for next week! I hope you’re feeling better soon hun. Mastitis is horrid, as is PND. It sounds like you have lots of things to look forward to with your bucket list. Thanks for linking up to #ThatFridayLinky
    Emily recently posted…Getting the garden ready for summerMy Profile

13. January 6, 2017 / 2:30 pm

Lovely bucket list, gets lots planned in your diary to look forward to…….including meeting up with us again soon hehe. I am sooo with you about the paper diary, I still love to use my non electronic calendar and diary! Keep your chin up lovely, big hugs as always. #ThatFridayLinky #WotW
    Helen Gandy recently posted…Blogging Goals 2017.My Profile

14. January 6, 2017 / 8:23 pm

Sorry to hear that you have had a bit of a tough time with mastitis and the like. May you surround yourself with the things you love and banish those dark clouds.#WotW
    Helena recently posted…Listening To My HeartMy Profile

15. January 7, 2017 / 2:26 am

I feel you. I only have the one baby but the PND has been a struggle for the past couple weeks. However I’m not giving up and kudos to you for making a list! Keep up the positive attitude.

January 7, 2017 / 5:57 pm

Hope you are feeling better soon never done a bucket list good luck with yours much love and hugs sarah take care x Thanks for linking to the #THAT FRIDAY LINKY come back next week please

17. January 7, 2017 / 8:17 pm

I know I tweeted you yesterday about this, but I just wanted to reiterate, it really is ok to have days where you’re not “ok” parenting 2 very little people is physically and emotionally exhausting.

Please be kind to yourself!

Your goals are very similar to ones I should set myself but haven’t dared to write down. Especially sharing time with hubby! Best of luck in all your adventures! XX #thatfridaylinky

18. January 8, 2017 / 11:01 pm

It is hard having a baby and a threenager – I do know and remember those times, too! But it doesn’t last forever but I know when you’re in it, you’re in it! But it sounds like you have lots of positives on your list and having lots to look forward to helped me, too. Oh, and coffee…
    Best of luck with it all
    xx
    #WoTW
    tracey at Mummyshire recently posted…Project 365 | Week 01My Profile

19. January 9, 2017 / 1:46 pm

I’m sorry to hear you have been struggling of late, winter months and two small children isn’t easy so don’t be too hard on yourself. that is an ambitious list of things for the year ahead but some great goals, if the plane trip falls through I know a very good farm stay in Cornwall!
    #MarvMondays

20. January 9, 2017 / 10:51 pm

I keep meaning to look up ‘balayage’…?! I really need to do a 2017 wishlist. I feel like time is racing on maternity, I’ll be back at work before I know it and we need some serious family time! Thanks for the kick up the bum x #MarvMondays

21. January 10, 2017 / 3:01 pm

Sorry you’re struggling, it’s hard work being a mummy! Love your bucket list, our plan is to go on a plane this summer too – all six of us! I’m not sure if it’s the most ridiculous idea we’ve ever had, but it cant be any worse than another 8 hour drive south!!! #MarvMondays
    five little doves recently posted…Twenty wishes for 2017My Profile

22. January 12, 2017 / 10:11 am

We had travelled over 18 hours on a plan with my two kids (Freddie wasn’t born then!). It actually wasn’t too bad! Good luck! Enjoy your massage! I’ve had a Thai Massage and it bloody hurt – ha ha! I’d love one in this country though.
    #MarvMondays
    Life as Mum recently posted…Ways To Teach Your Children To Cross The Road SafelyMy Profile

23. January 14, 2017 / 11:09 pm

Oh hun! My heart went out to you reading about you feeling not quite yourself recently. Being a mum of two is hard work. Its relentless and exhausting! I’ve had a few blue days over the last few months so know how awful it feels to be stuck in that bubble/cloud where you just feel so down and unhappy, despite having the world. Luckily I only felt like that for the odd day here and there and put it down to hormones, so I’m hoping its the same for you. Your 2017 bucket list will hopefully give you some things to look forward to, it sounds fab! I’ve been talking to my hairdresser about a bit of a hair make over too – definitely a new mum thing 😉 I cut my hair the first time round and regretted it – dont do it! This time im going for a ombre baylage, kind of similar to what you’re going for. As soon as my hair is healthy enough again! Thanks for sharing this on #MarvMondays. Em x