I don’t like to write about the negative too much on my blog. Some people find it cathartic but I prefer to talk to people rather than write or share online. So I won’t share much. Perhaps, more in time.
The last 4-6 weeks have been a bit tough. The complete joy and happiness of having Piglet has burst a little; hormones? Maybe but I have been feeling a little anxious and stressed and perhaps not myself. This all started after getting mastitis and that niggly feeling has not gone away. It may be mild PND and I’m dealing with that, hoping it will pass.
It’s HARD being a mother or 2 sometimes. I love my little gremlin so much but she is a complete threenager at the moment and parenting alone, even for the 3 days a week, is tough. I’m constantly nagging her, trying to keep her busy and also encouraging her to play alone a bit. I get two days when she is at nursery to have some time with her sister and this does help.
I’ve seen the 2017 bucket lists flying about and thought why not? This may help me get in a better frame of mind and plan a bit for the year ahead.
Since being a family of 4, which is lovely, time just seems to slip away so quickly and rather than wasting it, I feel it’s important to have a list of things I personally would like to achieve and as a family.
2016 was a bit crazy. January started with me starting some private dietetic work (which I since have quit, due to it not working out), we put the house up for sale and bought our current house and oh….I fell pregnant with Piglet. Pretty busy times. This year, I am hoping for some more fun but perhaps in a more settled manner?
So here is the 2017 bucket list:
- Travel on a plane as a family of 4 (yes this is a crazy one). We are hoping to see friends in Spain in April and perhaps a family holiday in May.
- Get my massage!! Some of my lovely friends clubbed together for a massage for me for my baby shower; obviously to use after the birth of Piglet. I’m really feeling the need to use this!
- Visit more National Trust sites. We are very lucky to have a few lovely ones local to us but I’m always keen to go further afield and see some more. They are also a fab place to meet half way with friends.
- Read more! I really want to read more books to chill out a bit. Hubby thinks we should do more of this before bed, rather than messing about on phones. He is so right!
- Go to an indoor trampolining place. They look so much fun and I think the gremlin will love it. One has opened reasonably close to us and I am dying to go and try it out when the knee feels fully better (it is getting there).
- Start the gremlin at swimming lessons. We tried dancing and I think it just wasn’t the right time for her so have put on hold for a bit. I need her to do something so swimming is a good start!
- Use my paper diary/planner. I love my phone but sometimes it is a bit crap and I like to write things down and make notes, especially if blogging.
- Get a new hair colour and maybe style. My next colour is going to be a balayage. I just have to decide on the exact colours. I am also debating getting some off the length but think I may completely regret it!!
- Meditate more. I have done this in the past and it really helps with relaxation. Finding the time is important.
- Focus on keeping fit but not make it an obsession. I’m never going to look like a fitness model; I don’t have the time to train or eat enough. Plus I’m finding the older I get the more I get injured. So for now, recovering from having Piglet and maintaining my fitness will be my goal.
- See my friends and spend more time with hubby. I know the first year will a baby can be hard to socialise as much but I hope to get some date nights with hubby and see friends I have not seen in ages.
I’m sure I could think of a few more things to add but for now that will do. I’m a fixer so hopefully focusing on the above will be a good way of keeping positive for the year ahead!
Have you any plans for 2017?