The Newborn Easy Stage is Going…

You know when you have your first baby, you pretty much crap yourself. Life has completely changed. No one can prepare you for it and you are constantly learning. Even if you have a dream, easy baby, it’s still HARD.

Then you have number 2. It’s a new challenge but you are used to being a parent. You are used to less sleep, sacrificing your holidays and social life for this tiny creature you have created. This little one slots in. The newborn is a doddle and the older one just does your head in.

But even this second newborn isn’t going to stay a newborn for ever. They too are going to start to get slightly more challenging as the weeks go on.

We are starting to hit that transition slowly with Piglet.

She was recently 4 months old. We can see weaning coming around the corner. She is starting to get fed up perched in the bouncer whilst I try and do a few jobs. She has never been a bit napper, so the 30 minutes a quick peace are really starting to feel far and between.

This little one loves to stand and sit up, surrounded by company, a familiar face or just some fun toys. This is starting to mean Mummy is getting less time to chill and watch some Netflix, blog or clean my house on my gremlin free days!

I’m loving the changes in her. She is so confident on her legs. Her grabbing and biting is getting much more polished but she wants more from me, from the world around her. Sitting and snuggling for hours at at time are just not going to cut it anymore.

My newborn is definitely not a newborn anymore. She isn’t easy. She’s a smiley, sturdy, nosey little creature who wants a bit more stimulation. I’ve loved my lazy, snuggly days with her but as she grows up, it may be time for more playing and some introduction to some other little babies.

When the hell am I going to watch Grey’s?

1. February 6, 2017 / 7:28 am

I swear you are mirroring my life:) Kai is also getting fed up of the bouncer. hes starting to love the jumperoo more or rolling on the floor. Both kids are becoming demandi.Im trying to savour every moment but it can be hatd sometimes.
    kris recently posted…The disastrous day out with the kids…My Profile

2. February 6, 2017 / 8:12 am

She is adorable and looks like she is meeting all the milestones you’d hope for 4 months. It has gone fast! #MarvMondays
    Coombe Mill – Fiona recently posted…Trash 2 Treasure February 17My Profile

3. February 6, 2017 / 11:44 am

I remember that transition well and wondered how the hell I’d fit my workouts and housework in. Once she could sit unaided and then crawl it became so much easier as I think she was really frustrated at not being able to get about! Thanks for joining #marvmondays x
    Fran Back With A Bump recently posted…Marvellous MondaysMy Profile

4. February 7, 2017 / 10:47 pm

Gorgeous photos of your little one. The days of when they stayed still seem such a long time ago and I really kick myself for not making the most of that time. #marvmondays
    Jo recently posted…Meet the Working Mum – Hattie from Coffee & BubblesMy Profile

5. February 8, 2017 / 6:06 am

Sounds like the 4th trimester is slowly drawing to a close =) Our second baby will be arriving in a few weeks and reading your post got me excited for both the newborn snuggle days as well as the transition to when they are more alert and interactive! Piglet is absolute precious. #bestandworst
    Nicole {Life’s Tidbits} recently posted…Pregnancy Must HavesMy Profile

6. February 8, 2017 / 6:52 am

We are just a little bit ahead of you as I have a six month old little boy and I totally agree that adapting to how much attention they need now is hard work. And I only have the one! Hope you find time for Netflix soon!
    Amy Downes recently posted…If recruiters could read my mind: an honest CVMy Profile

7. February 8, 2017 / 9:37 am

4 months has flown by! She’s such a cutie. You do need to work out how to fit Grey’s in though, it’ll be tough to miss it. Maybe a walker so she can start moving about, L loved his and it kept him occupied whilst I did housework (watched TV). #bestandworst
    Briony recently posted…Feeling Calm #49My Profile

8. February 8, 2017 / 9:56 am

I only have one child, he’s nearly 6 months old, but like yours he needs stimulation. I don’t know how you do it with two! I’m in awe ๐Ÿ™‚ #BestandWorst

9. February 8, 2017 / 10:08 am

Ah she is just so gorgeous! I remember the 4 month stage, things certainly started to get more difficult then and like you say the easier days became few and far between. #bestandworst

10. February 8, 2017 / 11:50 am

Awww bless *hug* she a cutie-pie. Enjoy it while you can. xx
    Anna nuttall recently posted…Top To Toes PinkMy Profile

11. February 8, 2017 / 2:58 pm

In some ways I miss these days when they were little babies and I could cuddle them all day, but in other ways I don’t miss weaning, silent reflux, naps etc! You’re doing a great job and piglet is so cut! #BestandWorst
    Emily recently posted…Getting Rid of Fat in the Most Difficult PlacesMy Profile

12. February 8, 2017 / 5:05 pm

Oh my goodness, I look back at photos of my two as babies and wonder where on earth the years have gone. They really do grow up far too quickly. Have an amazing time together, making lots of fabulous memories #bestandworst x
    Lisa recently posted…It Seemed Like a Good IdeaMy Profile

13. February 8, 2017 / 5:33 pm

Hi, she looks adorable enjoy the next milestones. Time goes far too quickly #BestandWorst

14. February 8, 2017 / 5:58 pm

Remember when Gremlin was little and each month you probably proclaimed to your husband… “I love his age”. I do this to mine all the time.

That will happen with Piglet and with each new milestone, new challenges will come, but they will be more fun.

As for Grey’s I’m finally catching up and was horrified to see that McDreamy had gone. That’s the last time I watched it, haha x #bestandworst

15. February 8, 2017 / 5:58 pm

16. February 8, 2017 / 8:27 pm

Ah ues it’s so so much easier when here at the stage of either being cuddles on the sofa or just sleeping in the moses basket isn’t it. As soon as they start being more alert in the day and sleeping less, that’s when the fun begins especially when you also have a slightly older one to look after.

Thanks for hosting #Bestandworst
    Janine recently posted…The Verdict Is InMy Profile

17. February 8, 2017 / 8:49 pm

Oops yes, I remember this well! When they stop sleeping all the time its a whole different ball game! Just wait til she starts moving, that’s when the fun really starts! #bestandworst
    five little doves recently posted…Why my on-line friends became my best friendsMy Profile

18. February 8, 2017 / 9:23 pm

Ahh look at her, she really has come on huge amounts, loved my snuggles on Sat ๐Ÿ™‚ #bestandworst
    helen gandy recently posted…Best and Worst Linky #83My Profile

19. February 8, 2017 / 10:06 pm

I remember that time. Baby number two was suddenly no longer a baby. I had zero time to catch up on my TV shows or do anything for myself. Give it a few months and that time will come again. #bestandworst

20. February 8, 2017 / 10:40 pm

what a beauty! Time really does go fast! #bestandworst

21. February 8, 2017 / 11:14 pm

I remember when Peachy hit that point. It wasn’t all that long ago. As soon as she learned how to sit up she refused to lay down. She still does. The only time she will is if she’s tired and ready for sleep. I’m lucky in that regard. She’s a very good sleeper and has been since she’s been 2 months old. But when she’s not asleep she’s having some sort of adventure.

Your little one looks adorable and it sounds like she is developing in leaps and bounds. The expression on her face in that photo in the bouncer is just priceless. So cute. #bestandworst

22. February 9, 2017 / 10:38 am

She’s gorgeous, I dread the days when both Logan and Rae dont nap at same time or as much. #bestandworst

23. February 9, 2017 / 4:39 pm

Really cute photos. Zach turns 10 months tomorrow, eeek! He’s probably the last baby I’ll have so I’m trying hard to savour every minute (even when he is removing socks from the clothes airer like he is now ๐Ÿ™‚ ) #bestandworst

24. February 10, 2017 / 2:37 pm

posts like this remind me why I got clipped! As awesome as those early days are, I’m OK with not going through all that again!
    jeremy@thirstydaddy recently posted…Little SnitchMy Profile

25. February 12, 2017 / 12:11 am

Yes yes yes. The youngest always seems the easiest but now my youbyests is copying the older ones. Makes me crave a newborn again! Xx