Outfits

This week’s word has to be outfits.

Clothes.

More specifically clothes changes.

My gremlin has always liked her dresses. I’ve been very lucky to have some clothes ops through the blog and my girly has reaped the benefits of this. She has always like getting changed and trying things on but over the last week or so I have REALLY noticed this.

Perhaps it is because we have had more of a quieter week and she has been in the house more but if I have to ask her to pick up her dumped clothes one more time, I am going to go insane. Her dresses are hung in my wardrobe so I always come into a pile of clothes on my floor. And a coat hanger, socks and even her flipping knickers.

I haven’t managed to take many pictures of her but I’m sure on one of the days she pretty much had 5 plus outfit changes.

She obviously woke up in her PJs.

I got her dressed in sensible clothes for going into town (basically so she would not freeze to death, as she was keen to go out in her summer dress).

We returned home for her to strip and put on one of her Elsa/Anna dresses.

She then put her swimming costume on for her afternoon class.

I then found different clothes to cover over these to go swimming.

I then decided to have a look in my wardrobe when we got home and try on some of my clothes that I can now fit into and she decided to also try on my dresses, plus one of her gorge House of Fraser ones, my shoes, her shoes and then her slippers.

She then had a bath and got changed into her PJs.

Have you kept up???

Tell me, is this just a girl thing or is it just my daughter? On the plus side it saves me a tonne of washing as everything is worn for about 1 hour, before there is an outfit change and nothing gets dirty. I cannot keep up with her though! It’s like The Clothes Show everyday in my house. Plus half her new, warm stuff, she isn’t wearing!

She knows summer is coming I think and is desperate to wear her dresses without tights. We also have to shop soon for our summer hols, which means a wardrobe of new dresses. I’m thinking I may have to hide them before we go, or she will be rotating around them constantly (and wrecking them!)

What the heck is she going to be like as a teenager??

The Reading Residence
Twin Mummy and Daddy

1. February 17, 2017 / 6:42 am

Oh no the washing !! Mine are only 2 and 3 so I’m dreading the 100 outfit changes !! #ThatFridayLinky xx

2. February 17, 2017 / 8:37 am

Ha ha, love this! My girl’s never been like this, though my son likes to change several times a day sometimes, but it’s always into different costumes so one minute I’m talking to IronMan, then Superman, then Peter Pan, then a Stormtrooper…you get the idea! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x
    The Reading Residence recently posted…Word of the Week 17/2/17My Profile

3. February 17, 2017 / 8:40 am

Ha ha, bless her! I love that dress mind you, I wonder if they do it for adults…..#thatfridaylinky
    Rach recently posted…Love Is…..My Profile

4. February 17, 2017 / 9:35 am

Haha this is brilliant πŸ™‚ I think LM may go the same way, when Hubs let her choose her own outfit the other day it definitely wasn’t weather appropriate, but she loves choosing which coat she gets to wear (on really cold days I have to hide the gilet and summer jackets so she doesn’t seem them and we can avoid a meltdown!). So I think we have all this to come. Monkey does like choosing his own but rarely changes in a day unless something has happened to get him all wet! Xx
    Caroline (Becoming a SAHM) recently posted…Diets and CrochetMy Profile

5. February 17, 2017 / 10:16 am

My girls are the opposite, they would love to spend every day in their pj’s and getting them to get dressed is a nightmare. I’m sure they liked dressing up more when they were younger. On the plus side at least the Gremlin has the skills to dress and undress herself. My kids are still so slow, it drives me nuts. I really love the photo, what a gorgeous princess she is.
    Anne recently posted…Word of the Week – RecoveryMy Profile

6. February 17, 2017 / 2:07 pm

hahahahaha! oh bless her πŸ™‚ my daughter doesn’t tend to do that, some days she won’t even change out of her school uniform till she goes to bed..

7. February 18, 2017 / 12:19 am

This made me laugh as I have two of these – children who can change at the drop of a hat, clothes & dressing up everywhere! I also love how different clothing makes them walk / talk / behave differently….or is it just my children who are total divas?!
    #WoTW
    tracey at Mummyshire recently posted…Chicken Pox | Word of the WeekMy Profile

8. February 18, 2017 / 4:13 am

we go through the same thing. Mine can be in an Elsa dress one minute, then a Captain America Halloween costume, a shorts and t-shirt set and her snowsuit all within the course of a day. Its exhausting
    jeremy@thirstydaddy recently posted…Next Generation SpeedsterMy Profile

9. February 18, 2017 / 8:44 am

I love this, my youngest daughter used to be like that all the time. She has grown out of it now at the age of 8 but her now trying to get dressed is a total nightmare as it now all has to go with each other and be the right kind of trend!!!

February 19, 2017 / 9:01 am

This is fab and just like Maisie changing all the time lol lovely post Thanks for linking to the #THAT FRIDAY LINKY come back next week please