Misery Guts

Misery Guts. This is my word for this week. Okay 2 words.

I don’t feel miserable. It’s not a sad post. I just feel like my reaction to members of the public this week have been well and truly miserable. Old farty, grumpy, there are lots of ways to describe it but this week people have just got on my nerves.

Bad manners and ignorance drive me potty. I’m sure as I have got older, this has just got worse. I just think common courtesy and being NICE isn’t that hard. Sometimes it really is just lacking.

I had three situations last week where I had to bite my tongue or not whack the horn down really loudly in the car. That’s the hardest point really. I want to act like a fish wife sometimes but with the kids around and just generally, it’s not the most appropriate thing to start giving people the finger! Especially with my little sponge, the gremlin, who walked in on me watching Grey’s Anatomy one night and wanted to know why two characters were naked in bed! Anyways I digress!!

So what got on my tits last week?

• This one I actually tweeted about and got a response! I bit my tongue and didn’t confront at the time but there was no way I saying nothing at all. I went into my local Post Office to send off a couple of bits to be served by a lady who basically spent the entire time gassing to her colleague next to her. She was also helping her out with stuff completely delaying my service. I didn’t really give a crap about her husband’s working hours or what her colleague needed to do on the computer to sort something out. She only acknowledged me to ask about what postage I wanted and to give me receipts. I learnt as a Tesco employee 16 years old when I was complained about for the same thing, this is a big no no. It’s rude and unprofessional and looks awful. I hope it was addressed as I was promised over Twitter.
  • Number 2. I was coming back from the gym early one morning and went to turn into my road to be greeted by a van straddling both lanes. Not only could I not pull into my road, the idiot completely ignored me, didn’t acknowledge his error and just pulled out. It took ALL my willpower not to lean on the steering wheel for about a minute. Eurgh!!
  • Finally, I was taking Piglet for a walk, when the gremlin was still at my Mum’s and passed a smiling couple with their dog. As I took a circular route I saw them again, standing in the middle of the path chatting to someone. You would expect them to see me coming and at least make a little space for me and the pram. Nope! I ended up having to bung Piglet on the grass verge to get past them. Once again the tongue was firmly bitten!

Is it me? Am I truly a miserable bag or would you have got a tad annoyed for some of these things. It just seemed like one of those weeks and sometimes it is very hard to be the bigger person. Reacting does just make you and the other person feel bad but we all need to vent somewhere!

Ah I knew there was a reason I blogged 🙂

Twin Mummy and Daddy
The Reading Residence

1. March 3, 2017 / 7:30 am

Those things would have annoyed me too, especially the first one. It is rude and very poor customer service. I’ve also had to learn to bite my tongue when out and about in the car – bad drivers make me so cross but then I have to remember there are times when I do things that must annoy other people too! As for the last one, I would like to think that they were just oblivious rather than inconsiderate but still quite irritating. Well done for not retaliating although I think the post office one did need to be flagged up. #WotW
    Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) recently posted…Friday Focus 03/03/17 – Lent and the start of 40actsMy Profile

2. March 3, 2017 / 9:02 am

Nah it’s not just you, these things would have annoyed the hell out of me too! Especially the first one, I can’t stand it when people in shops stand and chat to each other while they are serving you, so rude!
    BloggerMummyLauren recently posted…Word of the Week – ConfidenceMy Profile

3. March 3, 2017 / 9:50 am

All of the above would have truly pissed me off too, especially the post office situation. I worked in customer service for over 10 years so I think this makes my expectations even higher when I’m shopping. It’s cathartic to have a good old grump. #WotW
    Angela Webster recently posted…Polar Bears, Singing Husbands & Rapunzel #LittleLovesMy Profile

4. March 3, 2017 / 9:52 am

You could be writing about me… LOL! I know exactly how you feel, but yes biting your tongue is best especially when little ears are about..
    Karen recently posted…Word of the Week 3/3/2017 Paperwork #WotWMy Profile

5. March 3, 2017 / 10:07 am

All of these would have driven me crazy as well – thank god for blogging as a stress outlet hey?!
    Devon Mama recently posted…Dear Husband, I’m Jealous.My Profile

6. March 3, 2017 / 11:35 am

All of these things would have annoyed me, too. As someone who spent many years working in customer services, I hate it when people chat to one another when they should be serving you, you did well to hold your tongue, I’m not certain I could have! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x
    The Reading Residence recently posted…Word of the Week 3/3/17My Profile

7. March 3, 2017 / 11:55 am

It’s good to get it all out and have a grumble. I hate it when people who are paid to assist you are more interested in gossiping with their colleagues, that’s a big no-no for sure. I’d have probably bitten my tongue at the time though. The third one though…no, I would have had to ask them to move, there is no way I’d have pushed my pram on the grass to get past. I get it all the time when I’m out in my wheelchair and sometimes people can be so rude.
    Fingers crossed you have a much happier week next week and the grumbles will fade away x
    #WOTW

8. March 3, 2017 / 8:43 pm

Well done you for biting your tongue….I don’t think I would have. The older I get the less patience I have for bad customer service and inconsiderate people. x
    Kim Carberry recently posted…This week has all been about school. #WotWMy Profile

March 4, 2017 / 1:57 pm

Love this post oh I hate bad driving myself Thanks for linking to the #THAT FRIDAY LINKY come back next week please