Our Easter

Easter has passed and gone in a flash hasn’t it? I hope you had a lovely time. I’m not one for summary posts but we had a great day. I thought I would share it mainly in pictures.

We aren’t particularly religious but do enjoy celebrating Easter. I’m not a Pinterest Mum at all and I go a bit crazy as a dietitian with all the chocolate, so I did buy the grem a few presents and only 1 egg and a chocolate lolly. We had set up an egg hunt the night before.

She didn’t even remember it was Easter until we prompted her and then was dying to go downstairs to see if the Easter bunny has visited.

They had and she was trying to open her stuff before her Dad was even out of bed. She also started finding the eggs too so I had to slow her down. She opened her little presents and commenced the egg hunt, which was lovely as she was so excited!

We all had brekkie and Piglet had a snooze. I then had to partake in about 10 more egg hunts whilst hubby chilled but this was pretty fun actually!

We then decided to go for a walk. The grem took her bike, which is always a recipe for a disaster but actually wasn’t too bad.

Hubby was going to make an Easter roast so we all trooped back for that. Piglet has an early lunch and hubby got cracking. Lunch was delicious and as the gremlin scoffed all hers, including meat and veg, she was on the chocolate with gusto!

I felt a bit like I had been hidden in a cave for the last few months as the gremlin went to a Trolls themed party on Good Friday and we haven’t seen it!!! Hubby decided to buy it so we all settled on the sofa to watch it during the afternoon. I managed to keep most of my Mini Eggs to myself!

We had such a lovely day until that point….ahhhh kids. After this the gremlin was tired or coming off a chocolate high. Sadly it did end in quite a few tears and a bit of a difficult bedtime but we didn’t let that deter us too much.

Overall it was a family fun day and I enjoyed chilling out. We were heading off my Mum’s for Easter Monday and I was looking forward to more food and family time.

What did you get up to?

The Reading Residence
Twin Mummy and Daddy

1. April 21, 2017 / 9:31 am

Looks like a lovely Easter, lots of nice food and fresh air and adventures! My daughter loves Trolls – I’ve seen it a fair few times! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x
    The Reading Residence recently posted…Word of the Week 21/4/17My Profile

2. April 21, 2017 / 1:25 pm

It’s the simple things like making the most of being together, eating and riding a bike. Lovely! #ThatFridayLinky

3. April 21, 2017 / 2:08 pm

What a lovely Easter you had, it sounds like Gremlin had loads of fun. Hunting for eggs is always good fun and I know that mine used to make me hide them over and over when they were younger.
    #wotw
    Anne recently posted…Word of the Week – HolidayMy Profile

4. April 21, 2017 / 8:02 pm

Aww! It looks and sounds like you had a lovely Easter…..
    I saw Trolls a few weeks ago and loved it. Such a fun film. I love the soundtrack too.
    #WotW
    Kim Carberry recently posted…Busy doing nothing. #WotWMy Profile

5. Sarah - Mud, Cakes and Wine
    April 21, 2017 / 9:01 pm

Sounds like a lovely day. I mamanged to keep the children to about three small eggs and now they have forgotten all about them. Great photos she is growing so fast #thatfridaylinky

6. April 22, 2017 / 9:10 am

Lovely photos! Looks like you had a wonderful Easter. I know that we’ll be eating chocolate in this house until 2019 at this rate! #thatfridaylinky
    Rach recently posted…Where Is The Love?My Profile

7. April 22, 2017 / 2:13 pm

I am the same would rather the boys have a gifts or money and less chocolate. Such lovely pics and looks like such a great family day. And she was probably so tired and excited bless her, kids don’t you just love them x
    Sarah Christie recently posted…My Weekly Round Up, An Exciting WeekMy Profile

8. April 22, 2017 / 10:25 pm

Sounds like you had a lovely weekend! I really wish we’d asked people to get Rory little gifts. We’re over run with chocolate that I’m sure he’ll be eating until next Easter! #ThatFridayLinky
    Becky Clark recently posted…Returning to Work Without Freaking the ‘F’ OutMy Profile

April 23, 2017 / 4:56 pm

Sounds like you had a fab Easter love the photos especially piglet asleep on you Thanks for linking to the #THAT FRIDAY LINKY come back next week please

10. April 24, 2017 / 9:33 am

Looks like you had a lovely time. We spent most of Easter on holiday in The Lakes which was a fantastic week of family time x
    Amy @ Arty apple recently posted…Middle NamesMy Profile