I can’t really believe I have been blogging almost another year. I started in January 2015, not having a clue what I was doing. I genuinely just wanted to write and share stuff. I didn’t realise social media was such a big job, what the heck was a linky (?) and I had no clue I would meet so many people along the way. Friends, in fact more than that, best friends, who I actually turn to all the time for support.
Ultimately blogging is and always will be a hobby for me. However, in the final month or so of my maternity leave, the paid work did explode a little for me. I had no clue you could earn a good amount, it wasn’t all SEO rubbish and you could get paid for reviews. As I went back to work in October, many people asked would I quit my job to blog. The answer of course was no. As much as I hate the commute and miss the girls, my job as a dietitian is my career; I enjoy it, I’ve worked for it and I like the steady, monthly wage. Anything extra from blogging is a bonus.
Despite this, I do still have some goals for the coming year. Although I do feel frustrated sometimes that I cannot always invest as much time as I would like in the blog; some social media accounts fall by the wayside, I do want to keep going, work on campaigns and keep people reading.
So what would I like to achieve in 2018?
– Do more vlogging. I know I will never be a pro-vlogger but I treated myself to a new camera and I would like to do more videos. I do enjoy it. It’s focusing on one every week or so. Will see!
– Expanding my fitness niche a little. Hubby is a fab cook and we have lots of recipes we use. I’m thinking I may add these onto the blog more regularly and they will be good for Pinterest.
– Continue to work on my Pinterest. It’s really helped with my blog traffic over the last few months. I have had to pay for Tailwind and I have to admit I do have peaks and troughs with my views, depending on whether or not a pin does well. I have learnt though, that a lower number of followers is not a bad thing.
– Get back into my photography. Since going back to work I know I have let it slide and my Instagram growth has completely stopped. It’s just so hard to find the time but I know my blog looks better and I will get back to it.
– Continue to earn a good amount each month. I have a figure in my head and hoping to stick to that or even excel. My part-time job pays the bills but I like the extra money to save or to be able to treat us.
– Get to another couple of blogging conferences. I really enjoyed BlogOn in September and am all booked up for May. Looking forward to it!
I’ll have to update you on how I’m getting on with my goals and fingers crossed I can achieve them.
What are your goals for 2018?