Nowadays we are always in a hurry, in a rush to meet deadlines, hurrying over our meals, hurrying over to finish or chores. Life seems to be a roller coaster ride. We don’t have much time for skincare, all that we get to do, is open up bottles slather on some exotic sounding creams and we are good to go! We hardly have time to pamper our skins, the good old-fashioned way. You know the way our grandmothers used to do, and their skin remained glowing and luminous for ages together. How to get clear skin is a question which often bothers you. So what were their secrets and how to get a skin as fresh and glowing as theirs? Get Glowing Skin by taking a Leaf from Grandmother’s Beauty Books.
What did they do right and where did we go wrong? First things first your kitchen is a veritable treasure trove and therein lies the magic wand, we just need to flash it and all your skin woes will vanish! Thinking it is all to be balderdash? Well, it may not be entirely true but you can weave magic with the help of the kitchen ingredients. If you are unaware of these little treasures, don’t worry we will give you some great remedies to try out and these pearls of wisdom have been given as a hand me down to doting daughters or grand-daughters. So these are precious and you will soon be able to flaunt beautiful glowing skin one that your expensive chemical laden jar of cream may not be able to provide. So let’s begin our journey of discovering old beauty secrets, try them now and thank us later.
Lost Beauty Secrets
Before you start revealing your inner beauty by trying out these old forgotten remedies, follow these tips to get great skin and beautiful hair.
- Move a lot- Yes, the secret to their ageless skin, because most of them could not sit still, or afford to be lazy, moving a lot and doing their chores was their way of exercising and staying fit and the happy hormones did their skin a whole lot of good. Strangely nowadays doctors have started advocating the same, sitting is the new smoking and it kills. That just goes to see how forward thinking was
- Have ghee-The west has discovered clarified butter or ghee now and woken up to the fact that ghee does wonders to your skin and health. So bring that bottle back, filled with loads of good fats on your dining table. It has been much maligned pretty undeservedly at that.
- Sleep on time- We are always cribbing about our dark circles and patchy and dull skin but have we given the root cause of much of a thought? We are ignoring sleep! Sleep detoxifies our body, helps our body to get rid of toxins and rejuvenates us as nothing else does.
- Eat carrots or drink carrot juice- The influx of anti-oxidants in your body gives you skin a luminous glow which is hard to ignore.
Old Home Remedies that Work
You have been trying to get rid of your tan for ages or get rid of the dull patches and you have made a serious dent in your pockets, investing in bottles and bottles of jars without any fruitful result. There is an inexpensive way to solve your problems. How to get perfect skin, we all want that for sure. These awesome home remedies can help you acquire that perfect skin, which you always wanted.
Gram flour Mask
Gram flour has been an eternal favorite with grandmas for cleansing and exfoliating the skin.
- 1tsp gram flour (besan)
- 1tsp honey
- A few drops of lemon
- A pinch of turmeric
- Mix the ingredients to form a thick paste.
- Apply to the skin and let it dry for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash it off gently with cold water.
- This thick face pack rejuvenates your skin besides imparting an unmatched glow.
Ground Lentil Pack
This is a natural exfoliator, rubbing off the dead cells and giving your skin a movie star like glow!
- 2 tsp. ground masoor dal
- Orange peel powder
- 1 tsp. curd
- A pinch of turmeric
- Mix the ingredients into a thick paste.
- Apply and let it dry.
- Wash it off with cold water.
Orange Peel Pack
Look radiant and beautiful by applying this pack for just a fortnight.
- Orange peel powder
- Pinch of turmeric
- 1 tsp. of milk cream
- Add a little milk cream to orange peels and grind well to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on your face and keep it for 20 minutes.
- Wash off with tap water and pat dry.
Try these tips for a fortnight, and the results would be startling, to say the least. And we all know whom to thank for our new found glow!
Disclosure – This is a sponsored post.