Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker

Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker

It’s funny what you want to “be” when you are a child. My first career aspiration was a hairdresser. You read right. Me. A hairdresser. The girl who is crap at doing her own hair and has to physically pin her daughter down to even brush hers.

That idea went out of the window quickly. Then I decided I wanted to be a vet. I used to drive through the countryside with my Dad smelling that skanky cow dung smell thinking, I can cope with this. I want to be a VET! A swift week of work experience later made me realise that no, I didn’t want to be a vet. I was there about 2 days before I almost fainted watching a cat get spayed.

Then for some random reason (fainting etc) I wanted to be a doctor next. I went on some residential course in high school and I still remember some crazy ass medic giving us some inspiring lecture. He was nuts and completely obsessed with his job (nothing wrong with that). However, I just didn’t get it. I didn’t want to work nights. I didn’t want to be dragged out of bed with no bra on at 3am being on call, so doctor was crossed off my list. My passion for science (nerd) and the human body was still high up there so after doing a biology degree, the next best thing was working in healthcare. That plus food = dietitian and here I am.

This got me thinking about my gremlin. I know it’s a long way off but I wonder what she will want to do with her life? If it’s up to hubby she’ll be off to Uni to do a physics/IT/engineering degree. I’m still pondering it. She’s a fiesty, determined one so I’m betting anything she decides to do, she will do it. We have been told at nursery she is fab at concentrating and getting the task done (this not been inherited from me!) so I’m hoping this will set up her for aiming and achieving whatever she sets her heart on.

Emma’s Diary have launched a fab, fun new tool that shows the trends with what month you are born in with what career you are more likely to have. For my gremlin who was an August girl, according to this she is most likely to be a bricklayer! This made me smile, as she loves piling up the rocks in the garden. Hubby should have been a debt collector. This is quite hilarious as he’s really tight money and saving savvy so collecting money would be right up his alley.

Go ahead and have a look. What will your little darling be?

Birth months - Seasonal trends Infographics

post signature

MaternityMondays

Mummascribbles

* indicates required

1. April 13, 2015 / 8:23 am

I love how as children we dream of having all sorts of jobs! I wanted to be in the army, a teacher or a musician (I'm now an accountant!). I really hope that my daughter follows her dreams & agree with you that I can't wait to see what she becomes!

Great post! #maternitymondays

X Becca

• mm April 13, 2015 / 4:57 pm

It is funny! We soon realise they are crazy jobs or life takes us another way! Be interesting to see how the little ones turn out xx

2. April 13, 2015 / 8:29 am

Great post! I had 3 goals as a child.
    1: artist paleontologist. (It was just cool)
    2: solider (both parents were in the army)
    3: Being a dad (I actually wrote that in junior school )

Apart from 3 the others never happened. Number 1 would have been cool.

I look at the boys and see that they have certain characteristics. Will is very hands on and loves putting things together or act part. I'd put money on him being act part chef or some kind of construction.
    James is very sensitive so he's going to be in act part people trade like counselling etc.

Will defo try the app though it sounds good.

• mm April 13, 2015 / 4:58 pm

Aww Number 3 is a great one though isn't it? The first one I will need to look up πŸ™‚ Lovely how you can see already great traits in the boys. The app is good fun x

3. April 13, 2015 / 11:05 am

I remember reading a book then asking my mum if I could write one myself. Still not made it yet, but here's hoping some day. Apparently I should have been an athlete or worked in physics. I'm bone idle and terrible at maths so I'm not sure. The Baby should be a train driver. I think he's be pretty happy with that.

#mummymondays

• mm April 13, 2015 / 4:59 pm

You never know. Plenty of time left! The tool is quite fun eh? x

4. April 13, 2015 / 11:47 am

Apparently I have a future politician and physicist or sports star on my hands! We will see.

• mm April 13, 2015 / 4:59 pm

tehe lets see! Thanks for the comment x

5. April 13, 2015 / 1:39 pm

I posted this on my blog recently and according to this Amelia will be a bricklayer!! We shall see won't we! Thanks for linking up, sure lots of people will enjoy this one! #MummyMonday host xx

• mm April 13, 2015 / 5:00 pm

haha my girl is the same! Thanks for hosting x

6. April 13, 2015 / 2:16 pm

Ha! I love this! I wanted to work in a sweet shop when I was little!

According to the above, I should be a doctor or debt collector (worked in a bank does that count?!) the toddler is set for Oxbridge (best start saving) and the husband should have been a pilot….kind of ironic as he is the worlds biggest plane geek. And bump, well they will share a birthday month with the queen fingers crossed!!

#Maternitymonday

• mm April 13, 2015 / 5:00 pm

Ooh that's a fan aspiration! It is fun to see isn't it? Thanks for the comment x

7. April 13, 2015 / 7:27 pm

I always think about things like this and wonder if characteristics he has now will have any impact…currently I think either the doctor or debt collector are unlikely! #maternitymondays

• mm April 14, 2015 / 7:33 pm

Thanks for the comment! You never know though.Could surprise you! x

8. April 14, 2015 / 9:38 am

Yes I imagine this too! I wonder what the future holds for my twins! You hope Doctor or Lawyer but as long as they're happy I will be delighted! Jess x #twinklytuesday

• mm April 14, 2015 / 7:34 pm

I think that's the main thing really πŸ™‚ xx

9. April 14, 2015 / 2:46 pm

haha this is hilarious, apparently Monkey is going to be a politician (not sure i like that) an LM will be going to oxbridge. Made me chuckle! Thanks for linking with #MaternityMondays xx

• mm April 14, 2015 / 7:34 pm

Thanks Caroline πŸ™‚ Would be funny if it was true! Thanks for hosting xx

10. April 14, 2015 / 6:13 pm

Ha β€” according to this, I've got a couple of pilots and musicians on my hands! Although, I reckon they're going to be engineers or sportsmen β€” that's certainly the vibe I'm getting at the mo… although they are only 2!! Plenty of time for it to change πŸ˜‰ Thanks so much for linking up with #Twinkly Tuesday πŸ™‚

Caro | http://www.thetwinklediaries.co.uk

• mm April 14, 2015 / 7:34 pm

Thanks for hosting Caro πŸ™‚ x

11. mm April 14, 2015 / 7:32 pm

haha ! Lets hope they do eh? Thanks for hosting x

12. April 14, 2015 / 9:00 pm

I never, ever considered being a teacher until i had had a go at being a journalist and got bored. I wanted to be a firefighter for many years but one of the reasons I chose a philosophy degree was so that I would not be limited in my choice (I.e. trained for something). I love teaching now but I find the pressures tough. I hope I won't have to have a huge career change in the next few years!
    I have no idea what my girls will be but one is such a drama queen adn a poser i could imagine her as a performer of some sort.

• mm April 19, 2015 / 7:33 pm

It's fab looking back isn't it to see how your mind changes? Aww your little girl sounds a bit like mine. Performers it is! x

13. April 19, 2015 / 10:00 am

I love this πŸ™‚ growing up I wanted to own my own salon, and still one day I may do that when retired or whatever – it is still a dream of mine. I want to be a boss!! I somehow ended up with a teaching apprenticeship a few years ago and turned out I was pretty good at it, so now that is what I want to do and I am working towards doing that again after a break. I have no idea what Corey wants to be when he is older as he is younger, the other day he said he wanted to be a bin men the next a fireman! I do reckon he will be something like police, or fireman etc.

thank you for linking up to #mummymonday πŸ™‚ love Gemma – host xo

• mm April 19, 2015 / 7:34 pm

Thanks Gemma. I'm sure you can be a boss one day! Possibly at school. hehe. Police or fireman sounds like a great job! Here's hoping. Thanks for hosting xx

14. April 19, 2015 / 5:10 pm

Love this – Miss M COULD be a pilot or musician! My careers adviser at school told me I'd be a Librarian – hmm πŸ™‚ great post! Mim #mummymonday

• mm April 19, 2015 / 7:35 pm

Thanks! The careers advisors at school always made us do those crazy tests that were always wrong! xx