The Couple’s Quiz with Bed Guru

We are meant to spend 1 third of our lives asleep and a lot of that time will be sleeping with our significant others. Add in children and basically you spend most of your life dreaming about sleep and your bed!!

Bed Guru is an online bed retailer who are sleep specialists, they understand that no two people share the same sleeping requirements and see it not just as a belief but an obligation to ensure that everybody gets a great night’s sleep.

In this post, you will get to learn a little bit more about hubby and I and an insight into possibly a better night’s sleep (I’m already feeling tired after using the word “sleep” a lot!)

1)      How did you meet?

Me – Hubby and I met on Facebook. Back then it was so novel but online dating is really normal now. He knew a friend of mine from Uni and I got “poked”. We started chatting and it went from there. All very platonic in the beginning and a lot of talk on MSN Messenger (!). This moved to texting, the phone and meeting up. The rest is history.

Hubby – Facebook.  I was “browsing” and I liked the look of Sarah!

2)      How long have you known each other?

Me – We started chatting on Facebook in 2006, so we have known each other over 10 years. Wow, now I feel old!

Hubby – About 5 years…haha. Only joking. Same as Sarah.

3)      What do you do to keep the love alive?

Me – Now we have children it is definitely harder work. We try to have a date night on a Saturday. This means, music, no phones and a glass of something nice. We chat and catch up. Before my second baby girl was born we had date nights and even went for night’s away. I think day to day it’s important to talk to each other, have a cuddle and have a laugh. That keeps the love alive.

Hubby – Never stop flirting (with the wife obviously!)

4)      What are your partner’s pet peeves?

Me – Leaving mess all over the bedroom. Doing half a job. Not sorting his bushy eyebrows out. Trust me they are insane!

Hubby – Talking when I want to watch Netflix. Moaning about the state of the house. Reminding me to do a job right before I fall asleep, so I forget. The list goes on.

One big thing is being tired and grumpy so getting a good night’s sleep is really important. I do quite like sleeping alone, so now and then I go into the spare room. Bed Guru may be the answer to this issue! They have designed a bespoke couple’s mattress that is designed depending on each person’s sleeping needs. Some prefer a softer mattress, others more firm. Each side is customised and is seamlessly joined together so you will never know. Sounds heavenly.

5)      What do you love the most about each other?

Me – We just “get” each other. We rarely argue and when we do, it ends in a giggle. We work so well as a team parenting; each having our own jobs and giving each other space and free time. He’s a great cook too and really good with the girls. I think having a proper “partner” is the most important thing when married.

Hubby – “Just Sarah”. Awwww.

6)      What is the most memorable gift you have received from your partner?

Me – Sickening but true – the girls! We were very lucky to fall pregnant very quickly with both of them and they really are the best things ever. Hard work, frustrating but the best of fun and very cute.

Hubby – I loved a book on Hygge Sarah bought me for Christmas, as was completely out of the blue and really up my street.

7)      What is your favourite memory as a couple?

Me – This would probably be spending time together on honeymoon when we went to Kaua’i, Hawaii. We decided to do a hike in the most stunning scenery. We were both wearing Converse, didn’t really have that much food and we just went for it. The walk was just breathtaking. We did loads of talking and having that time together was really special.

Hubby – Our last holiday pre-children in the Domincan Republic. We were so relaxed, it was just us it was so memorable. We saw the sun rises most mornings, so stunning.

8)      What is the most key component of your relationship? e.g. trust, loyalty etc

Me – For us it is having a sense of humour. The trust and loyalty will always be there. When you are tired and almost hysterical with crazy girls, you need to laugh or have a meltdown. Tiredness can equal grumpiness and laughing and joking really does life the mood.

Hubby – Not holding things in so making sure we are honest with each other and if there are any issues, talking about them. No use bottling it up.

9)      Where is your dream destination for a couple’s holiday?

Me – I want to go to Thailand. We never did it pre-kids so not sure when it was happen now! It just looks so beautiful and hot and the FOOD! One day we will go I’m sure.

Hubby – I want to go back to Hawaii as it was just amazing. The scenery, the people, the food. It felt like being in the middle of nowhere.

10)   What are your favourite things to do as a couple?

Me – It’s very sad but we love to work out together. We used to gym together loads before the girls and it was really motivating. Other than that the cinema, meals out and just chilling on the sofa with a glass of wine.

Hubby – I just love our Saturday night date nights. No phones, music and a glass of something. It’s a really good time to connect when we are so busy in the week, getting on with life and parenting. If I get lucky, it’s a bonus!

Fancy doing a fun quiz to see if you are ready to get married? Click on the image below to see!

Good luck!

Disclosure – the is a collaborative post with Bed Guru.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. June 13, 2017 / 10:37 am

That mattress does sound pretty amazing!!I am so jealous of your honeymoon in Hawaii, I bet it was amazing. I definitely agree that you need a good sense of humour as a c0uple, especially once kids arrive xx#triumphanttales

2. June 14, 2017 / 8:29 am

Ah you two are such a sweet couple and gorgeous photos! So jealous of Hawaii! Thanks for hosting #bestandworst x

3. June 14, 2017 / 11:08 am

Love this. It’s so lovely to learn more about you and your Hubby. I hope you get that trip to Thailand someday.
    #bestandworst

4. June 14, 2017 / 11:16 am

What a fun post. I love that you met on Facebook. I am also hugely jealous that you’ve been to Hawaii, you lucky things #bestandworst x

5. June 14, 2017 / 5:55 pm

Love this. We’ve also had to put our over-seas travel on hold because of the girls, but we still try do stuff locally together. It’s our favourite way to spend quality time together as a family.
    #triumphanttales

6. June 14, 2017 / 6:04 pm

Greta post, I always love to read about people behind a blog. I would love to go to Hawai, very jealous.

7. June 14, 2017 / 6:05 pm

Greta post, I always love to read about people behind a blog. I would love to go to Hawai, very jealous #bestandworst

8. June 14, 2017 / 8:22 pm

Aww! Lovely to know more about you and your hubby! So sweet x
    #bestandworst

9. Rach
    June 14, 2017 / 8:31 pm

Loved this! And MSN Messenger. Ah, that brings back some (cringe) memories. #bestandworst

10. June 14, 2017 / 8:50 pm

Ahhh so cute. So pleased we met each other through your poking and msn’ing haha!! Who would have thought it eh! That mattress sounds pretty awesome too! #bestandworst

11. Briony
    June 14, 2017 / 9:47 pm

Hawaii is on my bucket list, I would love to go there. It ticks all the boxes for things to do that all three of us would enjoy and that’s important #bestandworst

12. June 15, 2017 / 12:40 am

I need a new mattress badly… one that stops my husband’s dreadful snoring.

#bestandworst

13. June 15, 2017 / 8:21 am

This is a lovely read, it’s great that you’re such a good team! #bestandworst

14. Su {Ethan & Evelyn}
    June 15, 2017 / 10:39 am

Aww… you two are so cute! Yes! Do come to Thailand. If you want, I can show you around too. 🙂 xx #bestandworst

15. Musings of a tired mummy...zzz...
    June 15, 2017 / 11:40 am

Such a lovely post and your relationship sounds very similar to mine with Chris. We met online and are a fab team that rarely argues and end most days with a giggle. #bestandworst

16. June 15, 2017 / 9:35 pm

Hawaii sounds fab! We went to Sri Lanka and the Maldives and keep talking of when we can go back too. Facebook pokes, that takes me back! L xx #bestandworst

17. June 15, 2017 / 10:37 pm

This is lovely. I love hearing all about how people met and stuff 🙂 We are still about to travel overseas, but only because we have family there with spare bedrooms. Otherwise we wouldn’t be going either. Travel during the school holidays is so expensive

18. June 16, 2017 / 6:51 pm

Awww you two are sooo cute! I love that you met on Facebook, especially the poking story….and the other stories I won’t mention! I did laugh about his eyebrows, Gaz gets one long grey eyebrow hair and it drives me CRAZY! #bestandworst

19. Alana - Burnished Chaos
    June 17, 2017 / 6:27 am

This is really lovely post getting to know more about you as a couple. A sense of humour and the ability to make each other laugh is so important and I totally agree with the flirting (with each other of course). I’ve always wanted to go to Hawaii, it’s on my bucket list, it looks so stunning. I hope you make it to Thailand one day x
    #Bestandworst

20. June 17, 2017 / 9:48 pm

It’s interesting reading these question and answer posts and seeing how people differ or not. #bestandworst

21. June 19, 2017 / 8:35 am

Your relationship sounds so strong and solid. I agree that humour is key to keeping your relationship going. Me and Hubby were friends for 7 years before we started dating and I think for us friendship remains throughout, even if we’re in a mood with eachother, we know how to make eachother laugh and get back on track!
    Thanks for sharing this with us at #TriumphantTales. I hope to see you back tomorrow!

22. June 20, 2017 / 2:57 pm