I always start these posts by thinking I can’t believe another year has passed! I swear I remember writing last year’s post last Christmas and thinking the same thing then. Ah does time fly? I never really know. Christmas has just passed and it was a really good one. We all had fun and a lovely dinner at my Mum’s. It just went too fast! I was back at work on the 27th and it all feels like a mad but lovely blur.
2018 and had some great parts to it and I love reminiscing over them and these posts are always a great memory for the future.
So without further ado, what have been the best moments this year?
– Getting pregnant! Ah it has to be in there doesn’t it? Not going to lie it was a little surprise. Three babies had been on the cards but you never really think it will happen do you? We are of course happy and excited and scared stiff! And it is a little boy which will be different too!
– The gremlin finishing her first year of school and moving up into year 1. It doesn’t seem like a lot, as all kids do it but she’s an August babe. I was so worried about her but she did so well. As she’s moved into Year 1, her confidence has improved and she’s got a nice group of friends too. I’m really proud of her, even if she mainly has her head in the clouds and thinks only of playing (how it should be)! I’ve also done some volunteering in reception which was good fun too.
– The blog! I’m quite proud of my earnings this year. It’s still a side project, as I work part time but my stats have improved and I feel I’ve learnt loads as well. I want to continue in 2019. I’m going off for maternity leave in early February and hoping that even with a new baby, I will have some time to dedicate to it. Let’s see how it goes.
– A family holiday in Crete. I did find this holiday the hardest ever. One because I think I knew I was going to get pregnant and the gremlin was tough and a lot of work! But we still had a lovely time together and it was great to get away and chill (a bit). It’s always fab to go away as a family too.
– Getting settled back into work after maternity leave. Although I went back in October 2017, I didn’t really settle until early in 2018. It is always tough; new routine, hubby has to do a lot and leaving the girls. So far it has worked though and will see how it goes after baby no 3!
– Little Piglet has come on so well. Her speech has boomed, she is learning everyday and eating really well. Her and the gremlin’s relationship has just blossomed, especially over the last 6 months. They have become little friends and enjoy each other’s company. Piglet just dotes on her older sister too. It is lovely to see.
I’m excited and nervous for 2019!
I feel scared at another baby coming; how will I cope? Will the girls cope? Will we ALL cope? I’m sure we will but it doesn’t stop me being in complete denial.
I’m hoping the blog will continue to do well and I’ll continue to enjoy it but we will just have to see how it goes and what happens over the year.
I’m wanting to keep healthy, eat well and get back into my training after the baby comes. We have a garage conversion planned for May and I’m excited for the change and the upstairs space. So much to think about and plan but exciting too.
I hope all your dreams come true this 2019 and Happy New Year!!