I’m a gym junkie as most of you will know. It is pretty rough having to rest up whilst being pregnant. I’m dying to get back to some high intensity training, heavier weights and some Insanity. Am I insane? Maybe.
Whilst taking it a bit easier I have had some time to observe my gym and look around at what is going on a bit more. It is very easy to people watch when you have a lot more time on your hands to get your puff between weight sets.
Some stuff in the gym just PUZZLES (and slightly irritates) me and it inspired me enough to write a blog
- Why come to the gym to work out in tonnes of layers? I’m breaking a sweat just walking in and see some of the guys in leggings, shorts, a t shirt and a hoody (with the hood up). Why?
- Why come to the gym looking immaculate? Lovely hair and make-up? I know I look dog rough most of the time and don’t care as sweat and grossness are standard. I wouldn’t want to have to go home and re-apply the lot and re-straighten my hair.
- Why come to the gym in a mini gang and stand around one machine and all work on it together?? How about all split up and rotate what muscles you work on AND save a bit of time?
- Why use a piece of equipment (stair master), train like crazy (thumbs up), sweat all over the machine (thumbs down) and WALK OFF without cleaning it? Same person every time and makes me feel sick. Clean the machine!!!
- I’m no expert and not a personal trainer but something has to be said about the terrible technique I see. Reps at 100mph; using a heavy weight but not completing the exercise properly or just using the lightest weight ever! Maybe ask for a little help and get a bit of guidance or hitting the gym three time a week is going to do chuff all!!
Phew! Feels a little better to get those off my chest.
What about you? Anything that drives you mad at the gym?