I’m a gym junkie as most of you will know. It is pretty rough having to rest up whilst being pregnant. I’m dying to get back to some high intensity training, heavier weights and some Insanity. Am I insane? Maybe.
Whilst taking it a bit easier I have had some time to observe my gym and look around at what is going on a bit more. It is very easy to people watch when you have a lot more time on your hands to get your puff between weight sets.
Some stuff in the gym just PUZZLES (and slightly irritates) me and it inspired me enough to write a blog
- Why come to the gym to work out in tonnes of layers? I’m breaking a sweat just walking in and see some of the guys in leggings, shorts, a t shirt and a hoody (with the hood up). Why?
- Why come to the gym looking immaculate? Lovely hair and make-up? I know I look dog rough most of the time and don’t care as sweat and grossness are standard. I wouldn’t want to have to go home and re-apply the lot and re-straighten my hair.
- Why come to the gym in a mini gang and stand around one machine and all work on it together?? How about all split up and rotate what muscles you work on AND save a bit of time?
- Why use a piece of equipment (stair master), train like crazy (thumbs up), sweat all over the machine (thumbs down) and WALK OFF without cleaning it? Same person every time and makes me feel sick. Clean the machine!!!
- I’m no expert and not a personal trainer but something has to be said about the terrible technique I see. Reps at 100mph; using a heavy weight but not completing the exercise properly or just using the lightest weight ever! Maybe ask for a little help and get a bit of guidance or hitting the gym three time a week is going to do chuff all!!
Phew! Feels a little better to get those off my chest.
What about you? Anything that drives you mad at the gym?
Ha this made me laugh – a rant spoken like only a pregnant woman can! I haven’t stepped into a gym since I was 17 and used to use the school gym because the guy I fancied went there so I can’t share your frustrations unfortunately! It did make me laugh though as I often hear about the gym bunnies that look like they’re going on a night out #MarvMondays
I have to confess to been the one that wears makeup to the gym haha!! Can’t beat a ranty post hun hehe #marvmondays
Oh dear – I’ve never been to the gym. I’d probably manage to commit all of these faux pas! It’s one of the reasons I’ve never dared to go – I just have literally no idea what to do. I definitely have to get a friend to take me. However, at the moment, my 4 mile round trip to school twice a day (pushing a pram) is keeping me quite fit anyway!
I don’t enjoy the gym at all, I love to swim, I love yoga and I want to do some more classes but the gym…nooo. The not cleaning thing happens all the time and is a reason why I’m put off! So gross. I do reserve hair and makeup for afterwards though. #marvmondays
I don’t get the sweatshirts either. I can see how you would drop a lot of water weight in a hurry, but these people don’t usually look like they are headed to a fight weigh-in. #twinklytuesday
“Why come to the gym in a mini gang and stand around one machine and all work on it together??” Yes to this!! Or just come and stand around one machine, talking, laughing and playing on your phones! I’ve stopped going to the gym whilst I’m pregnant but I cannot wait to get back to it! #MarvMondays
Yes I agree, what’s the point is going to the effort of going to the gym when you’re not going to make the most of it and get the most effective workout? I love the gym too, it makes me happy 🙂 xx #twinklytuesday
I haven’t been to the gym for a very long time but not long ago I saw a girl doing a morning jog and her face was plastered with make up?! What is the point in that? haha.
Haha, I’ve never been a gym-goer and this is probably one of the reasons! No idea why you’d ever go in full make-up unless you’re trying to pull. 😉 Thanks for linking up to #MarvMondays. Kaye xo