The gremlin is really into imaginative play at the moment and is getting better at it as time passes. She is also a big Minnie Mouse fan, as many young children are!!
The lucky girl was given the opportunity to review a Minnie Mouse Shopping Mall by imc toys and both of us were pretty excited!
This product is currently not available yet to purchase but likely to be very soon. It’s RRP is £36.99 and many other imc products are already available on Amazon.
The product comes bagged up and needs assembling.
There are however, really comprehensive instructions; all parts are clearly labelled, including each sticker and it is reasonably easy to put together. Hubby and I worked together (he did a little more!) and it probably took us about 20 minutes.
The gremlin was as usual completely excited by the little Minnie Mouse and Daisy Duck toy characters and these kept her busy whilst we set up the shopping mall.
- Recommended for children 3 years and upwards.
- Two levels with a side escalator. Minnie and Daisy’s feet fit into the the step and you move the characters from the first to second floor.
- Changing room complete with curtain and turn table. You can place Minnie and Daisy securely on and allow them to model their outfits.
- Photo booth complete with sounds and flashing lights. Minnie and Daisy can dress up in style and take pictures (AAA batteries required).
- Shopping area with a till and large card your little one can swipe with sound effects. The window area has space for items such as a hat, necklace and sunglasses.
- A hairdressers with chair, mirror and mini products. Treat Minnie and Daisy to a new style whilst shopping!
- A clothes rail and hatstand, complete with hats and dresses, allowing the characters to have their outfits changed.
The gremlin actually adored it. I went upstairs, had a shower, messed about on Instagram, took an age to get ready, came downstairs and she was still playing with it. I joined in with her for a bit and we broke later for some TV time. She had played solidly for 2 hours since we set it up. I was amazed! Nothing has captured her imagination like this toy. The shopping mall become a house, the escalator a slide; there was some lovely games and ideas coming from her.
I love the photo her below as she is concentrating so hard!
She did need some help changing the characters dresses and securely fastening the products Minnie and Daisy can purchase to the shelves. So in that respect it was a little fiddly. However, I’m not a child and my hands are bigger!
I liked the way it has so many different little “areas” to it. The gremlin loved the photo booth and I heard the music and camera sounds floating up the stairs a lot that afternoon. She also loved changing Minnie and Daisy’s outfits.
The gremlin has never played with anything for such a long time ever! It gave her such a good opportunity to use her imagination for solitary play which is brilliant. I often feel guilty not entertaining her but when she is this happy, that guilt disappears.
The only negatives are it does take some time to set up and a bit of concentration, as some parts are quite small and fiddly but this is only minor.
It is quite a pricey toy but for a birthday or Christmas it would be something I would be happy to purchase for her. She was enraptured with it and ultimately this is exactly what you want from a toy.
Disclosure – we were provided with this toy free of charge in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are our own.