Operation Six Pack – Update

Operation 6 pack is still in swing; my mission to get myself fitter and my body back to where realistically it will sit at after 2 children.

img_9462

I feel like Piglet has been with us forever and I keep forgetting where I was with the gremlin at similar times when it come to getting my body back to normal. I also have to stop myself from going too mad. After the gremlin I didn’t actually get back to the gym for 8 weeks. This was due to a late 6 week check and we switched gyms. I know I still had a bit of work to do then. After Piglet I went back after 4 weeks and I had a steady plan which I am loosely sticking too. Piglet is 10 weeks old almost now.

I can tell my body isn’t ready for full on craziness. I did a little running and my knee where I have had previously had surgery was twinging the next day. I can also feel my shoulders twinging if I do too much and I feel a little delicate sometimes. My joints probably still have some of the lovely hormone relaxin present and it is important not to go too crazy for a little while. I am trying hard!

Weight wise I am 4kg over my pre-Piglet weight of 59kg (which was too low) and I am aiming for a weight of 62kg when I stop breastfeeding, which is where I was before the gremlin. The gremlin literally ate me up with all the feeding. That, the gym and long walks meant I got way too skinny and am hoping to not repeat this. I’m not walking as much due to having the gremlin with me for 3 days of the week so this should help. I’m also eating a good three meals and day and having plenty of snacks. My current faves are fruit, nuts and bread sticks and peanut butter. I don’t do fad diets and love full fat Green yoghurt and a few squares of chocolate most days. All about moderation.

Exercise wise I am hitting the gym around 3 times a week and sometimes doing work outs at home (when I don’t have a cold from one of my girlies). I am not doing any high impact really and sticking to either a 45 minute cardio session of the cross trainer, stair master, rower and bike or a weight session. I am still very nervy about my abs as have a finger width gap between the muscles. Saying that I have done some planks which work everything really but avoided sit ups. I remember it took a while for the ab gap to close with the gremlin. I am definitely toning up; the stair master does wonders for your bum!

Stupidly I haven’t got that many pictures for this post and as I have had a cold and mastitis this week, there has only been walking for exercise.

img_0053

Future plans?

I really want to get back to my high intensity gym classes, spinning and Body Pump soon. It’s harder to make classes as fitting in breast feeds and hubby being around so will see how it goes. I’m planning to wait until after Christmas as I will have given my body a good 3 months since Piglet was born.

It takes 9 months to make our beautiful little ones, so I need to think 9 months at least for my body to recover and my “business as usual” exercise regime to be back.

Will keep you posted!

My Petit Canard

1. December 5, 2016 / 7:03 am

My God chick you look amazing!!!!!!!!!!! Currently regretting the entire chocolate orange I ate last night!!!!!!!! Well done you, your dedication is incredible xx #MarvMondays

2. December 5, 2016 / 7:45 am

You look amazing! I literally did nothing until The Girl was 4 months! Now she’s nearly 13 months and I’m back to doing nothing because it’s cold and motivation has died! #marvmondays
    donna recently posted…Toilet Roll Tube SnowmenMy Profile

3. December 5, 2016 / 8:36 am

You look fab! I cant remember when I started ab work again…probably too soon knowing me. Thanks for joining us for #marvmondays x
    Fran Back With a Bump recently posted…Marvellous December MondaysMy Profile

4. December 5, 2016 / 10:06 am

You look great, can’t believe you have a 10 week old! My little boy is 6 months and I have been back at the gym from 3 months (I had a section so waited for 12 weeks before starting exercising again). I love Spin and Bodypump and having an hour to exercise by yourself is good for the mind as well as the body! xx #MarvMondays
    Not A Frumpy Mum recently posted…Knowing We Are CompleteMy Profile

5. December 5, 2016 / 3:42 pm

You look amazing, even more so for having a 10 week old! I waited until 8 weeks before starting after my daughter too. I’ve had some massive ups and downs though. I’ve got myself back into a 3 sessions / week routine now which I am somehow managing to juggle with work, blogging and general household chores. I should do more but… I must use your post as motivation! Good luck with the continued path back to fitness. Sounds like a great and sensible plan to wait until after Christmas before cranking it up a notch… #MarvMondays
    Angela Watling recently posted…The reality of being a working mum – 10 months inMy Profile

6. December 6, 2016 / 9:47 pm

Looking incredible well done!! I’m still a little way off where I happily want to be but I’m not beating myself up. I know Bubs completed our family so I’ll never have a post baby bump again so I’m embracing it whilst I’m still training regularly and what with Christmas looming I’m going to enjoy myself but not go crazy and over indulge.
    Totally agree, 9 months in 9 months out!
    #marvmondays

7. December 7, 2016 / 6:46 am

Wow you are comitted! Sorry to hear you’re suffering with mastitis hope you feel better soon #bestandworst

8. December 7, 2016 / 7:00 am

Holy crap! Your baby is only 10 weeks old and you look like that?! AMAZING! That’s some serious hard work and dedication right there. Go you! #bestandworst

9. December 7, 2016 / 8:00 am

You’re doing amazing! I’m a couple of kg below my pre Piglet weight (thanks breastfeeding!) but I’m still wobbly in the tummy area. I walk the dog daily but only do a proper workout once a week now thanks to a dodgy knee 🙁 #bestandworst
    OddHogg recently posted…Breastfeeding, Bottles, Self Weaning and SuccessMy Profile

10. December 7, 2016 / 8:03 am

You are incred. Your stomach has WAY more definition than mine and I had a baby over 3 years ago! I’m off to do some crunches (eat some chocolate more like!) #bestandworst
    Rach recently posted…2006 vs. 2016My Profile

11. December 7, 2016 / 8:41 am

I am in outright awe. I know I need to get my ass in gear and starting working the belly but I have yet to summon the willpower! Well done! You look amazing #bestandworst
    Nicola wiggins recently posted…This Part-timer is Revolting!My Profile

12. December 7, 2016 / 10:36 am

You look fab, well done on all that hard work, it’s certainly paid off #bestandworst x
    Lisa recently posted…Celebrating Wednesday’s #5My Profile

13. December 7, 2016 / 11:03 am

Oh, I envy you just a bit, as I cannot do intense workout anymore due to my back injury! But I was all for pump and spinning and kick-box… You look amazing, by the way 😉 #bestandworst

14. December 7, 2016 / 1:09 pm

I am beginning to think that you are not even human! Holy COW you look amazing!

#runjumpscrap

15. December 7, 2016 / 2:51 pm

I can’t believe you have actually had a baby?? You look amazing and I admire your dedication, wish I was that strong willed. I haven’t been to the gym in a few weeks as I keep getting sore throats and colds so I really need to get back into it. xx #bestnworst

16. December 7, 2016 / 4:40 pm

You look amazing hon! I really could do with a pinch of your determination – you’re an inspiration lady. You must be so proud x Thanks for hosting #bestandworst

17. December 7, 2016 / 6:12 pm

You look amazing!!!I have my 6 week check tomorrow but I’d be lying if I said I will be running off to the gym once I’ve been told my body is good for exercise again. I have been walking loads since Alex was born though and pushing the pram with the buggy board is a cardio workout in itself. Sorry to hear you’ve got mastitis, that sucks. Hope you feel better soon xx #marvmondays
    Wendy recently posted…Beautful personalised gifts from Arty Apple – Taggie blanket reviewMy Profile

18. December 7, 2016 / 6:53 pm

Sounds like you are doing well so far. I know it must be hard with two kids, but keep up the good work! You’ll get there! 🙂
    Mandy recently posted…IWSG 12/7/16My Profile

19. December 7, 2016 / 9:19 pm

You look amazing! I think muscle memory is very important, I have always had a six pack despite the fact that I don’t exercise, so after I had the children I was quite lucky that I kept that definition. You clearly kept in amazing shape during pregnancy, I admire your dedication!! #bestandworst
    five little doves recently posted…Christmas gift ideas for young childrenMy Profile

20. December 7, 2016 / 9:55 pm

Thats pretty impressive for 10 week after giving birth.

aiming for a 6pack is a lofty goal, just remember that a lot of models don’t have abs most of the time. They put in extra effort before photo shoots to make them come out, the rest of the time they look like regular folk.

21. December 8, 2016 / 8:34 pm

Hey lovely, you are looking fantastic. I love that you enjoy working out and have done throughout your pregnancy with Piglet. You should do a post, (if you haven’t already) on gentle exercises post baby for new Mums. It can be daunting getting back into exercise after giving birth x #bestandworst
    Renee @peonieandme recently posted…My favourite Christmas jumpers for Henry xMy Profile

22. December 9, 2016 / 4:11 pm

You look like a million bucks! While 8 weeks seems like a long time to you, I’m extremely impressed that you were dedicated enough to your fitness that you got back that soon! Very inspirational. 🙂
    #bestandworst

23. December 10, 2016 / 8:35 pm

Oh dear mastititis is not nice. Hope you get over that soon. #bestandworst
    Helena recently posted…Word of the Week: SociableMy Profile

24. December 11, 2016 / 5:58 pm

Wow you are clearly on a mission. I remember with my eldest I returned to my pre-baby weight very quickly but found it harder after my youngest and really gave up very early on for which I think I am still paying the price. You need to strike whilst the iron is hot and get on with it. Well done you! #MarvMondays
    MotherofTeenagers recently posted…The Value of Female FriendshipsMy Profile

25. December 11, 2016 / 9:35 pm

10 weeks and you look like that? Are you sure the stork didn’t bring Piglet?!? You look incredible. I’m super jealous. Well done you! #bestandworst
    Jaki recently posted…My 10 Favourite Christmas SongsMy Profile

26. December 12, 2016 / 10:19 am

Wow! You look slick! I so admire you for this. I want to have the determination like you! <3 #BestandWorst