I recently wrote a post on how my eldest had changed as she had got older; was more helpful, independent, funny and generally fab company. Literally fast forward 15 minutes after I had finished writing the post she woke up from a nap and was completely VILE. Made me wonder what the heck had I just written. Kids eh?
The girls are totally my world, don’t get me wrong but some days I am actually tearing my hear out, so badly I am considering looking into a hair transplant; it sometimes feels that bad!
I know they are so little and they can’t always help it but this is what my monkeys get up to:
– The gremlin taking literally forever to eat her tea. She talks, messes, needs a wee, ANYTHING. We three are always done before her and nagging her to finish before she gets in the bath. Plus she always leaves her vegetables until last!
– The 4pm-5pm witching hour with the baby. Hubby is usually finishing work, she is moody and hungry and I cannot get anything done. I either shove her in front of Peppa for the whole evening or carry her everywhere!
– Both girls getting up around 6am. Enough said.
– The gremlin constantly winding her sister up for kicks; she flipping loves hearing her baby sister scream and get wound up. They play for around 5 minutes and the screaming starts.
– The gremlin’s bedroom. I am trying hard to get her to put her clothes away and tidy up a bit, especially as she has had new furniture and a new bed but the MESS sometimes. I am ready to tidy her away in the drawer with all her rubbish.
– The youngest refusing to get dressed or have her nappy changed. I know it’s quite standard for an 18 month old but when I am having to play Wrestle Mania with her to get her vest on, it’s not quite as fun.
– The gremlin when she gets the glitter out. I swear to god I thought I was weeing glitter the other day. It was EVERYWHERE! The kitchen floor, table, rug, bottom of my slippers. The house was sparkling like something out of a Disney film.
– Piglet and the bookshelf. I put the books away, she gets them out again but not neatly; pulled all over the floor everywhere. Repeat x 10,000 and you have my life.
– The gremlin getting distracted is starting to be a bit of a blessing, as she goes off and plays for a bit BUT if we need to get out anywhere this can be such a pain in the bum. I have to ask her about ten times to brush her hair and get her socks. I hate being that Mum but I have THAT child!
– Little Piglet is a fantastic little walker but quite often in the wrong direction. We can be walking along and she suddenly decides she will walk the way we have just come. We try pretending to leave her behind and it does chuff all. She still walks off. It may drive me nuts but is keeping me very fit!
Ah these girls. They are potty and completely adorable but parenting always comes with challenges. I swear as each day goes by, my patience increases, so this has to be a positive!
What about you? What do your little ones do to drive you crazy?
Disclosure – this is a collaborative post.