Keeping My Third Pregnancy a Secret

Keeping My Third Pregnancy a Secret

This is the second little rambling I found on my phone that I want to share. It’s nice to go back to read and see how I was feeling, whilst keeping baby number 3 a secret:

I’m pregnant and I’ve known for almost 2 weeks now. I’m just over 5 weeks, as I found out very early with a First Response test. I’m in those glorious days before the nausea, raging appetite and vile taste in my mouth engulf me.

To be honest there are so many days I just forget there is a sesame seed baby inside me. I look down at my slightly rounded tummy and I have that exciting reminder. I’m at the gym working out as normal and I start to wonder how much longer of this will I get away with?

The thing is I’ve kept it a secret so far. Of course close family know and one of my very closest friends, I couldn’t lie to when she asked me outright. What has also made it crazy is at least 3 people have asked me if I’m pregnant since coming back from our recent Greek holiday. And yes I’ve lied blatantly to their faces!!! I’ve not told people who will be mockingly furious when I spill the beans.

I’ve been asked on a night out with some of the school mums and I lied and said I couldn’t go. Reality – I couldn’t be bothered to go out and make an excuse to why I wasn’t drinking. I’m off out with a bigger group of school mums for a meal soon and again I’ll be faking sipping my gin and tonic. Reality was I didn’t end up making this as felt way too sick!!

I’m enjoying having this little secret. It’s a little exciting feeling when I remember. Something only a select few know about. I’m not sure how long I’ll be able to keep it quiet once any first trimester symptoms hit, especially in the first couple of weeks! I remember it’s a killer and my work mate is a very good detective, especially when I’m eating every hour in the office.

For now though it’s my secret and I’m keeping it.

* indicates required

1. September 12, 2018 / 9:04 am

I remember those days well and desperately trying to hide feeling ridiculously sick as well as pretending to drink!! #bloggersbest

2. September 12, 2018 / 9:36 am

This brings back so many memories, I remember feeling awful in the office and hating the smell of coffee in meeting rooms. I kept my third pregnancy to myself for 17 weeks till it showed to much and someone plucked up the courage to ask me! #BloggersBest

3. September 12, 2018 / 9:50 am

Mine was no secret! I was obviously sick — my gag reflex was working overtime!

#BloggersBest

4. September 12, 2018 / 11:56 am

I remember the early weeks with Little Man because I too found out really early. It’s a lovely secret to keep. I hope your pregnancy is going well lovely. You look wonderful! #Bloggersbest

5. September 12, 2018 / 12:24 pm

I was taught unless you see a baby coming out of a woman or it is her bridal shower you never ask if she is pregnant! #bloggersbest

6. September 12, 2018 / 7:24 pm

I too kept my a secret in the early weeks, I liked having a little secret X #bloggersbest

7. September 12, 2018 / 7:34 pm

It’s entirely up to you when you want to tell people and having that secret makes you feel all glowy and special. And why not? It’s your body, your baby and your story to share when you want to x #BloggersBest

8. September 12, 2018 / 9:27 pm

Didn’t you do well keeping it secret! #BloggersBest

9. September 13, 2018 / 10:49 am

I loved those weeks when only a few special people knew, when it was ours and ours alone. Though I’m pleased you’ve told everyone now as I’m so flipping excited for you!!! #BloggersBest

10. September 14, 2018 / 11:33 am

What a fabulous secret to keep 🙂
    When I was pregnant with my last baby I honestly thought I was starting the menopause and didn’t even test until I was about 6 weeks. He was a lovely surprise though and I’m so glad he’s here, even though my older kids are old enough to be his parents (which is a nice way of saying I’m old enough to be his grandma.)

11. September 18, 2018 / 4:16 pm

It is lovely and awful trying to keep it a secret! I told my closest family early in my pregnancies so that I could feel grotty and get sympathy #bloggersbest

12. September 18, 2018 / 8:20 pm

Good for you – I didn’t tell anyone with any of my pregnancies either – not even close family or friends, partly due to losing two babies consecutively between number one and two. There’s plenty of time for everyone to find out #bloggersbest