This recipe is by far one of the easiest and basic recipes I have ever been given. This could be one of the shortest blog posts ever. We had some friends come over to visit a couple of Christmas’ ago and they introduced me to the concept of the Mexican pizza recipe. It sounds like the spiciest pizza ever doesn’t it? Fajitas on a pizza? Nope it is completely simple, weaning and kid-friendly. My eldest loves a Mexican pizza and my baby boy has followed suit, as he going through his weaning journey.
It is hard to find things kids like and you want something that they will eat but is also reasonable healthy and filling. All my children love cheese however and it is so versatile and a good source of protein and calcium.
Mexican Pizza Recipe
As I said the recipe for a Mexican pizza is simple and very short. In fact you may have most of these things in your store cupboard, ready to go.
To serve 2
– 2 tortilla wraps
– Passata – 2 tablespoons
– Grated cheese (we usually use mozzerella or cheddar or a mix)
– Italian herbs or oregano (these can be omitted if your child is a fussy one!)
– Cast iron pan or griddle
– Heat your pan on a low heat
– Place your wrap on the pan and add the passata spreading all over the wrap
– Sprinkle your cheese over the passata and the herbs.
– Place your second wrap on top. (You can make this with one wrap and fold it over)
– After a few mins, flip over and cook the other side. I quite like my wrap to go a little brown but you can just wait until the cheese melt.
– Et voila slice up with a pizza slicer and enjoy with some salad veggies. My eldest has with sweetcorn and cucumber with hers.
It’s a perfect snack or meal for after school and my little man LOVES it!
So there you have it. The Mexican Pizza recipe; so quick and easy for kids on the go and I have to admit, Hubby and I both quite like it too!
Let me know if you try it in the comments!
Mexican Pizza Recipe
- Cast Iron Pan
- 2 tbsp Passata
- 2 Tortilla Wraps Large
- Cheddar or Mozzerella Cheese Grated (to taste)
- Italian herbs or oregano Sprinkling
- Heat the griddle pan on low and place one of the tortilla wraps on it.
- Add the passata and spread evenly with the spoon
- Sprinkle the cheese on top
- Add the Italian herbs or oregano
- Place the other tortilla wrap on top and heat for a couple of minutes
- Flip over and cook the other side until brown or cheese melted inside
- Cut with a pizza slicer and serve with salad