When I think back to my wedding day, it literally makes me beam. It truly was the best day of my life and in fact, probably one of the best years of my life (sorry kids!). The planning, the excitement, the time with family and friends and the day itself! It was amazing. I loved my dress. The weather was fabulous for September and we had an amazing honeymoon in Vegas, Hawaii and Los Angeles.
Planning your wedding can be stressful or actually pretty fun. The buzz and excitement takes over your life! Wedding planning also takes over your bank balance and budgeting and saving become a huge part of your life! I was lucky to have some help from family and hubby and I saved like crazy to ensure we could enjoy our big day and our respective hen and stag dos.
If you want to save even more on your wedding expenses, consider opting for a pre-owned engagement ring before the wedding. Pre-owned engagement rings offer a fantastic way to obtain stunning and meaningful jewelry at a more budget-friendly price. With a wide range of styles and designs available in the pre-owned market, you can find a ring that perfectly symbolizes your love without breaking the bank. Embrace the idea of a pre-owned engagement ring to maximize your savings and create cherished memories on your special day.
My friends and family were awesome and must have brainstormed prom car hire ideas, as we had some amazing transport for my hen do. It’s fabulous when you are treated but of course for many of us, we have to save and pay ourselves.
Save Money on Your Wedding
Here are some of my top tips to save some money on your wedding day:
– Consider making your own invitations and stationary. I was very lucky my Mother-in-Law did this for us. Of course you still have to pay for all the materials to do this but it can be a lot cheaper than paying a company to do this for you.
– Think cheaply for wedding favours. You may want to hold a raffle, with tickets as the favours to win a prize, that is perhaps less expensive than paying for individual favours. Consider making them yourself too! My Mother-in-Law made ours and we added some chocolate.
– Consider using an app to share wedding photos from your guests and relatives. Wedding Photo Shop allows you to do just that. You don’t have to be a professional photographer to take some stunning photos. More and more people are getting into amateur photography and can be pretty talented. The app will allow your guests to share their pictures with you and you can view online and print afterwards.
– Consider seeing if a friend or family member can make the cake. Cakes can be so expensive and ultimately it is all going to get eaten up! If you have a talented cake baker, rope them in! You may have to contribute to ingredients and time but it will save you an awful lot of money.
– Do have a look around at wedding fares for your dress where you may be able to save a little money, compared to going directly to the stores. I found my dress at a fare and this was a little cheaper. If you like the vintage look, you may find something second hand, that is cheaper and still perfect! I loved browsing white wedding dresses for my perfect day and I chose something so different to what I expected to wear.
Weddings can be very expensive but there are always ways to save a little money and enjoy what will hopefully be the best day of your life.
Disclosure – this is a sponsored post.