I still sometimes have to kick myself when I think of having my own little family and starting to make our own Christmas traditions. Every family has them don’t they?
When I was a kid, it was bacon and eggs sandwiches for breakfast, one sprout on my plate for dinner (I can’t STAND them) and games that promote family rows (fun ones) in the evening. Articulate can do this for you.
Now I have two girlies, it is time to start our own, perhaps incorporating some of mine and hubby’s too. This will be our second Christmas morning and lunch as a family. It is actually my hubby who is keener than me on this, as we had such a lovely time as a three last year for most of the day; this year we will be doing the same but as a four. A four!!
Christmas is not Christmas with kids without dressing them up. It’s getting more and more popular too. The gremlin and Piglet were so lucky to receive some festive goodies from Mothercare. This really helped me when thinking about Christmas traditions I would like for my family.
The gremlin got some beautiful pyjamas that were really festive and keep her lovely and warm at night. She loved to pose for us.
My newest baby received a Christmas pudding baby grow. The hat is so adorable.
We also got a personalised santa sack for the gremlin (who is not expecting a truck load of presents) and a little white first Christmas bear for Piglet. So cute!
So what traditions do I want for my family?
- Doing something Christmassy at a local National Trust place. We love our membership and love a crisp morning walk and a nice cuppa.
- A Christmas Eve present box for the gremlin and Piglet. I wasn’t sure about this when I saw others doing it last year but then I changed my mind. I only bought a few bits; pyjamas and a Christmas book but the gremlin loved it. So I will repeat this year.
- Christmas film and wine with hubby on Christmas Eve when all the presents are sorted and the littlies are asleep. Granted I have some work to do to get little Piglet asleep before 10pm but we will get there.
- Some form of yummy breakfast. Last year it was bagels, scrambled eggs and bucks fizz. I’m thinking this will the same this year minus the bagels, adding on pancakes (and Nutella).
- Seeing Santa. We were lucky to be invited to a Santa breakfast and the gremlin loved this! We will be doing it next year.
With 3 weeks to go, I am very excited! I’m sure however with two children it will not all be plain sailing. Getting the two of them to pose happy was hard enough!
How about you? What are your family traditions?
Disclosure – we were provided with these gifts free of charge from Mothercare. All thoughts and opinions are our own.