You may recall if you read my blog that I wrote a post about all the times I had messed up with the two girls. Some things were funny, some were down right mad and others…ahem…a little bit dangerous.
Things have slightly improved but the baby brain is still present. I have got into trouble with my husband A LOT.
Some things aren’t too bad. The usual scatty things, forgetting your Mum and step-Dad’s wedding anniversary, spending more money than needed by always forgetting my NHS card when we go to Nandos and never checking what vouchers are on the go before ALWAYS ending up in Bella Italia with the gremlin.
Some of the moments of brain fog have not been so good….
- Being in such a good conversation with my Mum when taking the gremlin swimming, I left the front door wide open. I then drove to the swimming baths without noticing. This was for a good 20 minutes before hubby came down and wondered what the hell was going on.
- I have left the garage door open. This is more of not checking, as we have an automatic garage door and if something is in the way of it shutting, it stays half open. This has happened when I have been into town and overnight. I was in big trouble!!
- I left the gas on in the kitchen when trying to light a candle. Both me and my Mum never smelt gas (which is weird as we smell everything!!) and it was only when hubby swanned in questioning the smell, did we notice!!
- Left the bathroom tap on a couple of times. Hubby was wondering what the sound of water was and where is was coming from to find the tap is still running. Oops.
- Leaving the car keys in the car. Sometimes when I have brought everything and everybody (!) into the house, I get chatting with hubby, start getting a drink; basically I get distracted. On one occasion, I realised I couldn’t find my car keys and on inspection realised they were in the flipping car; in the ignition! It’s a good job we have a nice neighbourhood eh?
At least I haven’t left one of the kids in Tesco or sat in blooming Bella Italia but the above really isn’t any better. These sort of crazy antics were a while ago now and things have improved. I’m hoping the baby brain is getting less and less, as Piglet gets bigger!
Have you done any crazy things with baby brain or just plain exhaustion??
Disclosure – this is a collaborative post
I’ve done lots of batty things too, like accidentally threw my necklace in the bin and put my phone out with the recycling… thankfully the bin men didnt come before i realised!! Thanks for joining us for #marvmondays x
Keys in the fridge and leaving the house with two entirely different shoes on…. you are not alone my friend!!!!!!! xx #marvmondays
Haha well not sure u can blame it on baby brain with a 2 1/2 yr old, but I frequently leave the keys in the front door. I unlock then press the button to open the garage to put the bikes away then get the kids and me in and coats, shoes, helmets etc off and somehow the keys don’t leave the keyhole til hubs comes home and I am in massive trouble. Again thank goodness for the nice area as my car keys are hanging a few feet from the car…. So you’re not alone! Xxx
Whilst I was pregnant with my 3rd I went through a stage of loosing things only to find them some place random! My phone in the washing machine. The cheese grater in the fridge. My hair brush in the cutlery draw.. For a while I was sure I was going mad lol #MarvMondays
Love this! Can totally relate. I’ve left my house keys in the front door many of times!! #MarvMondays
I don’t think I’ve ever done anything majorly dangerous – not knowingly anyway! There’s still time though! #marvmondays