I go in fits and starts with making an effort with my hair and make-up. The biggest factor for me is time and whether or not I have any new beauty products on hand to use. I have always refused to let myself go as a Mummy. I didn’t want to lose that part of myself, as I do like clothes and dressing up now and then.
These are my favourite ways to feel good as a Mummy. Now and then it’s great to think about you and your appearance and some little treats can really make you feel confident.
My Top Ways to Feel Good as a Mummy
– Get a haircut and new style or colour if you can. Try, where possible, to go to a salon and get away for a little while. It can feel like a real treat to have a couple of hours out. Have a hot cuppa and read a magazine in peace. Total bliss.
– Get a new outfit. It doesn’t have to be mega expensive. I shop from Primark, to New Look to River Island and buy what I like. A new dress, new boots and even some jeans can just make you feel like a million dollars.
– If you enjoy wearing make-up treat yourself to some new stuff. Perhaps ask in store for a trial to see what colours suit you. Trends change so rapidly and you can keep yourself up to date with what is new and current. Ellisons have come up with some of the top beauty trends for this year’s autumn and winter and I’m hoping to use some myself. Ellisons supply to salons/beauticians so visit these to have the latest trends given to you.
– If you fancy a little more of a splurge get a massage, pedicure or facial. These are so relaxing and can really make you forget everything that is going on. The chores can wait and no one is calling “Mummy” every 30 seconds.
– You’re all glammed up so why not meet a friend for coffee, have a date night with your partner? Chat and have some kid-free time. This can be really rejuvenating.
Disclosure – this is a collaborative post.