I love curry, especially the Thai variety. In our house it’s a great way to get some oily fish into our diets and lots of vegetables for the fibre boost. I’ve never been to Thailand but it is somewhere I would love to go. In the meantime I have to make do with this Thai Salmon Green Curry my hubby makes for me.
You have to bear in mind he cooked this wearing a baby so the food photography at the end is not the finest but I tell you now, it tasted amazing!!
Ingredients for Thai Salmon Green Curry
This recipe serves two. You will need a sauté pan or saucepan with a lid.
- Half an onion chopped
- Stir fry pack of baby corn and mange tout
- Garden peas – amount to suit you
- 1 leek chopped
- 2 dessert spoons of green Thai curry paste
- 2 salmon fillets
- Half a tin of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil or vegetable oil if you don’t have it
- 1 double pack of Straight to Wok noodles or 2 egg noodles packs if you prefer
– Fry onion until soft.
– Stir fry remaining vegetables for 1 minute.
– Add coconut milk and stir.
– In a separate pan sear the salmon on all sides.
– Go back to the other pan and add the Thai curry paste. Stir well.
– Place the salmon on top of the curry and put the lid on.
– Boil for approximately 5 minutes or until salmon is cooked through and done to your liking.
– Remove the salmon and place on a side plate.
– Add your noodles (pre-boil your egg ones) to the Thai curry mix, stir well and bring to the boil for a minute.
– Serve up the curry mix into two bowls and place your salmon on top (salmon not on top in my pictures!!).
I always think it looks like I have tonnes to eat but there is so much veg in there so really healthy! It has a bit of a spice kick to it and my girls like the taste but struggle with the heat.
However, we love it and it is one of our faves.
Enjoy if you try it!