AD – Anyone who reads this blog, knows I work out. I love it. I weight train, working my shoulders and back regularly. Recently I had a massage and was told I did have an awful lot of knots. Of course it is not easy to find the time and money to have regular massages, so when I asked by Naipo to review their Neck and Shoulder Massager I was very keen.
I wanted to see if it could help with any tension.
More About The Naipo Shiatsu Neck & Shoulder Massager
The Naipo Shiatsu Massager can be currently purchased on Amazon and is retailing at £49.99.
On the Naipo website this product is described as having an having a number 4 intensity on a scale of 1-5. This means it is aimed at people who exercise regularly, there are more rolling nodes and the pace is quicker.
It comes with a user manual, a charger and car charger and weights 1.8kg.
The 4 buttons control the power, direction of the nodes, the intensity and the option to have heat or not.
These are the features as specified online:
- 8 DEEP KNEADING SHIATSU MASSAGE NODES — 8 massager nodes will work together to knead and relieve aches, knots, and muscle tension like a real masseuse’s hand. what’s more, with ergonomic U-design, the shoulder massager perfectly against the contoured shape of your body parts like neck, shoulder, lumbar, leg.
- 3D ROTATION KNEADING MASSAGER — The back and shoulder massager has clockwise rotation and anticlockwise rotation and changes directions after each minute automatically, thus alleviating pains associated with muscles’ tenderness.
- STRAP HANDLES & DUST GUARD CLOTH — The strap handles allows you to apply pressure and adjust the massager to target the areas hard to reach. In addition, equipped with a dust guard cloth that wrapped the part of massager nodes contacted with body, to protect you from the mesh friction, it can be removed for cleaning.
- ADVANCED HEAT FUNCTION — Heating function provides soothing comfort for sore muscles, helping you relax by enhancing circulation. The roller heads can be heated to about 40 degrees only, so it will not hurt your skin.
- SAFE TO USE WITH OVERHEAT PROTECTION — Features overheat protection and a 20-minutes auto shut-off to guarantee your safety when you often use the shoulder back massager.
What Did I Think?
The product arrived and I was very keen to trial it.
It was easy to set up. I plugged the plug in the wall and attached to the cable coming out of the massager. It was ready to go and I switched it on.
My first thought was it was intense. I have to say this is not a lovely, soothing massage. I would describe it as like a deep tissue massage. The word Shiatsu means finger pressure in Japanese so it is a pressured massage. My Mum found it a little too much but she doesn’t weight train regularly.
I quite liked this as I do suffer when tension and knots, as I mentioned before. It really felt like the massager was kneading some of this away. I also liked the heat, as it is very soothing.
There is also a Christmas version of this product to go on sale very soon, so would be a perfect gift for any fitness lover in your life.
Overall Thoughts on the Naipo Shiatsu Neck & Shoulder Massager
I liked this product and my husband, who often has neck issues from work, did too. It IS intense, so perfect if you train and like pressure when having a massage. I like the way it is easy to put on and use. It is a little heavy on the shoulders but once you are comfortable on the sofa or chair, that is fine.
For the exercise lover in your life who needs some light neck and shoulder relief, this will be perfect.
Disclosure – I was provided with this massage product free of charge in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.