There is one thing as parents that drives us all potty – all the rubbish that comes with kids, mainly in the form of toys. We try de-cluttering, we try rotating toys, we try anything to keep everything tidy. It doesn’t always work, as kids are like hurricanes and nothing stays tidy for long.
When I was contacted by Songmics, a top 50 seller on Amazon, who design and sell storage solutions, amongst other things, I was sold!
Who Are Songmics?
Songmics have been around since 2o12 and design products for the home and storage solutions. They have a variety of products designed to make your home neater and help it feel like a home.
All products are available on Amazon.
What did we Choose?
I wanted something for the gremlin’s room for some extra storage so chose the Songmics DIY Interlocking Storage Cube Organiser Shelf. This currently is retailing at £33.99.
It can be used as for organising toys but also for clothes and shoes. The shape is adjustable, depending on how you want to put it together. If you put it together as 3×3 cubes the dimensions are 112cm x 112cm x 37cm, with each cube being 35.5cm x 35.5m x 35.5cm.
Some information from online about the product –
- Good stability – Made of high-quality PP plastic (sheet), durable ABS plastic (connector) and iron wire (flat edge), this storage cabinet is robust, durable and odourless. Maximum loading capacity of each grid: 10 kg. With the provided screws and expansion bolts, it can be fixed on the wall for safety
- Simple assembly – Easy to assemble and disassemble with few accessories and simple structure. With the provided accessories (if the required sheets and connectors are sufficient), this storage shelf also can be assembled in different shapes and structures, which are showed on the instructions
- Multiple uses – Not only can be placed anywhere in your house or office as a storage shelf to store clothes, shoes, toiletries etc., but also can be used as a partition to provide the private space for you
- Easy to clean – Made of PP plastic, the sheet is waterproof, moisture-proof, anti-mildew and anti-dust. Only need to wipe it with wet cloth for daily cleaning
It came in a small box, considering how big it would be when we assembled it. Everything was flat-packed with instructions.
Hubby assembled it and said it was reasonably easy to do! The cube sides easily fit together with connectors. Hubby said it did take a little longer to get the doors in place and there is a hammer included to help with this.
You can see this below on the image I have used from Amazon.
– You can change the configurations of the cubes to how you like.
– Tools supplied.
– Reasonably easy to assemble but the doors took a little time. It was easy to figure out and not complicated.
– Light and easy to move.
– Bright colours and the gremlin loved it.
– Lots of space in a small area to store whatever you fancy.
What’s Not So Good?
– Hubby found it hard to connect the doors, even with the hammer. This took more time and one door did keep coming off when I was filling it with toys.
– Not a big problem but you can’t put anything very heavy in the cubes, as it is not sturdy enough.
Overall we like this product. It’s reasonably priced and is perfect for kids. It’s bright and colourful and not too hard to assemble.
I wouldn’t put it in any other room than a bedroom but this is fine for us.
I was thrilled I could stuff away all the gremlin’s soft mini toys!!
Would you Like to Win This Product?
One lucky winner will get to win their own storage unit, as featured in this review.
Please enter via Rafflecopter below where you will find all terms and conditions.
Disclosure – we were provided with this product in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.