Turkey Curry Stir-Fry sounds a bit random for but complete curry lovers in our house, it is one of our favourite dishes. It’s a healthy option, can be made without meat, if you prefer and really tasty!
We do have some random varieties of curry in our house and we also love a good Thai curry. Sadly the girls are not fans and it means we have to sneak them when they have already eaten at nursery or school!
I found the recipe for this turkey curry stir fry one a bit bizarre when my hubby was telling me what he does to prepare it and what he adds. Genuinely! But it usually turns out really tasty and it’s a great way to get plenty of vegetables and lean protein into your diet.
Turkey Curry – Stir Fry Ingredients
1 tbsp of vegetable oil
1tsp of sesame oil
300g of turkey breast (you can buy this pre-sliced and ready to go)
1 clove of crushed garlic
Stir fry pack which includes and mange tout and baby corn
Half a pepper
Half an onion
Handful of frozen peas
1 tsp of curry powder
1 tsp of onion gravy powder
1/2 a tsp of chicken gravy powder
1 tsp of cornflour
Noodles (we use the Straight to Wok ones by Amoy but you could have other varieties if you wanted) – 2 packs
Soy Sauce to taste
– Put the curry powder and the corn flour in a mug and add a small drop of water and keeping until you get a thick paste.
– Add a little more water (25ml) so the paste is slightly more watery.
– Add 1/2 a tbsp of vegetable oil to a wok and heat. Add onions and stir fry for a few minutes.
– Add the pepper and stir fry for a minute longer.
– Add to corn and mange tout and keep stir frying for a couple of minutes.
– Take the vegetables out of the wok and place in a bowl.
– Add more oil to the pan and stir fry the turkey until sealed on the outside.
– Make a space in the middle of the pan and add the crushed garlic and pour a little oil in. Shallow fry the garlic in that small space for a couple of minutes, until going brown.
– Mix in the garlic and the bowl of vegetables with the turkey. Add a little sesame oil to taste and add 100ml of water and pour in the curry powder and corn flour mixture.
– Add the onion and chicken gravy granules, stir and bring to the boil until sauce thickens. You can add more water if you want to thin the curry sauce.
– Ensure turkey is cooked through.
– Add your straight to wok noodles to the stir fry or stir fry separately if you prefer to not be mixed. Boil your egg noodles if you have chosen these.
– Serve! Add a little soy sauce if you prefer a saltier taste! My hubby always does this.
I told you it sounds a little out there but it looks and tastes good!
If you have a go, let me know your thoughts in the comments.