We are starting to think the unthinkable. Perhaps it is time for another baby? We always said we would like about 3 years between children at least and after Christmas this will be about the right time to try again (and maybe move house!) I loved being pregnant.
I am under no illusions that it will be as flowery second time around. Managing work, a toddler and my general busy life is going to be fun. However, I am going to keep my rose-tinted glasses on for a long as possible.
I Loved Being Pregnant
- The boobs – Unfortunately I am not blessed with being slim and having reasonably big boobs. I have always been smallish and have just got on with it (after lots of teasing!) However, being pregnant is an instant boob job. I needed new bras, new tops. I had a decent cleavage! Thank you pregnancy!!
- The bump – I have always been skinny. People don’t believe I eat anything but I do. It’s just me. So when I started getting this bump, I thought I may not like it. However, I LOVED it. It was so different and from about 25 weeks it just went crazy. It may sound crazy but I missed it so much afterwards and I had lots of phantom kicks as my womb sorted itself out.
- The kicks – I can still remember feeling my first flutter, like bubbles when staying in a hotel when night, around 17 weeks. It was amazing. When I started to see the kicks very low down on my belly I was mesmorized. My hubby never got it and would watch and feel for a while and get bored. Until you feel those kicks, I don’t think you can. Best and strangest feeling ever. I have some cracking videos of my gremlin moving around, right at the end.
- Feeling special – I have been told this may be a first pregnancy thing but I did feel special being pregnant. I felt safe, looked after and just glowy. It was a magical time.
- The scans – I loved all my trips to see the midwife and my scans. I had 2 extra: 1 at 9 weeks as I had a bit of bleeding and one around 32 weeks as my bump was not big enough (both fine!). At 20 weeks I did miss a bit of it, as I was convinced I would see a little wiggly between the legs and I didn’t want to know. I couldn’t believe I had this person growing inside and and the scans were definite proof!
- Being up for it – need I say more? I felt like I was 17 again. Whenever, wherever as Shakira says. My poor hubby couldn’t keep up and it was ace. Thank you hormones!
- Not finding out – it drove us INSANE but we didn’t find out what we were having. Hubby reckons we may have wasted a week in time guessing but I’m glad I didn’t know. I knew she was a girl and the rest of the world was convinced it was a boy.
- The general excited feeling all the time – I just felt so excited all the time that something was going to happen. Something to look forward to and it was great.
- My sleep – I slept so much at night; 8-9 hours was standard and it was amazing. My girlie didn’t kick that much at night or she never woke me. I even think my 2-3 get ups for wees, I did in my sleep. Definitely glad I did it, as 6-7 hours is standard now.
- The last holiday as 2 – Hubby and I went to the Dominican Republic just after my 20 week scan. I couldn’t drink, go on many trips or go kayaking but it was one of the best holidays ever. We were so relaxed and this lasted for days when we got back. We ate, chilled and went for loads of walks. I know another holiday will never be the same for years but it was paradise