We are starting to think the unthinkable. Perhaps it is time for another baby? We always said we would like about 3 years between children at least and after Christmas this will be about the right time to try again (and maybe move house!) I loved being pregnant.
I am under no illusions that it will be as flowery second time around. Managing work, a toddler and my general busy life is going to be fun. However, I am going to keep my rose-tinted glasses on for a long as possible.
I Loved Being Pregnant
- The boobs – Unfortunately I am not blessed with being slim and having reasonably big boobs. I have always been smallish and have just got on with it (after lots of teasing!) However, being pregnant is an instant boob job. I needed new bras, new tops. I had a decent cleavage! Thank you pregnancy!!
- The bump – I have always been skinny. People don’t believe I eat anything but I do. It’s just me. So when I started getting this bump, I thought I may not like it. However, I LOVED it. It was so different and from about 25 weeks it just went crazy. It may sound crazy but I missed it so much afterwards and I had lots of phantom kicks as my womb sorted itself out.
- The kicks – I can still remember feeling my first flutter, like bubbles when staying in a hotel when night, around 17 weeks. It was amazing. When I started to see the kicks very low down on my belly I was mesmorized. My hubby never got it and would watch and feel for a while and get bored. Until you feel those kicks, I don’t think you can. Best and strangest feeling ever. I have some cracking videos of my gremlin moving around, right at the end.
- Feeling special – I have been told this may be a first pregnancy thing but I did feel special being pregnant. I felt safe, looked after and just glowy. It was a magical time.
- The scans – I loved all my trips to see the midwife and my scans. I had 2 extra: 1 at 9 weeks as I had a bit of bleeding and one around 32 weeks as my bump was not big enough (both fine!). At 20 weeks I did miss a bit of it, as I was convinced I would see a little wiggly between the legs and I didn’t want to know. I couldn’t believe I had this person growing inside and and the scans were definite proof!
- Being up for it – need I say more? I felt like I was 17 again. Whenever, wherever as Shakira says. My poor hubby couldn’t keep up and it was ace. Thank you hormones!
- Not finding out – it drove us INSANE but we didn’t find out what we were having. Hubby reckons we may have wasted a week in time guessing but I’m glad I didn’t know. I knew she was a girl and the rest of the world was convinced it was a boy.
- The general excited feeling all the time – I just felt so excited all the time that something was going to happen. Something to look forward to and it was great.
- My sleep – I slept so much at night; 8-9 hours was standard and it was amazing. My girlie didn’t kick that much at night or she never woke me. I even think my 2-3 get ups for wees, I did in my sleep. Definitely glad I did it, as 6-7 hours is standard now.
- The last holiday as 2 – Hubby and I went to the Dominican Republic just after my 20 week scan. I couldn’t drink, go on many trips or go kayaking but it was one of the best holidays ever. We were so relaxed and this lasted for days when we got back. We ate, chilled and went for loads of walks. I know another holiday will never be the same for years but it was paradise
I had a lot of happy memories. Lets see what it is like if number 2 comes along. I wonder if the post will be the same! What about you? Did you enjoy being pregnant or couldn’t you wait until it was over? I just loved being pregnant!
Brilliant you loved it, some great things here. I HATED it. I was sick everyday, got spotty, went off food, rarely had an appetite! had horrendous heartburn! I did however like the fact I never had to buy maternity clothes he he!
I'm with you on most of these. I was stressed by my changing body shape and the three months of morning sickness was awful but I enjoyed the rest.
this is a lovely post! I also loved being pregnant and, at a size 14 (so not naturally skinny) it's been the only time I've felt comfortable with my body. Thanks for linking to #TwinklyTuesday
Love this post! Brilliant you're thinking about another. I'm currently pregnant with bump number 2 and it seemed to be going very slowly but i'm now nearly 26 weeks and it's going too fast for me now!! x #TwinklyTuesday
Lovely post! I loved being pregnant too. From the eating without guilt to the kicks. Loved every second of all five of my pregnancies. x
Aw this is lovely! I too loved pregnancy but the second time round was a little harder with it being the summer and so hot & having an under 2 year old running rings around me. But such a special time – I'd do it all again #twinklytuesday xx
No, you crazy lady! (Just kidding). I agree about the boobs! I had extra scans both times too, early (I had a previous ectopic pregnancy) and late (I measured very small). However, I hated being pregnant. I had HG, so that was awful. I don't like the lack of control over what is going to happen. It drags on forever. Second time I was pregnant unexpectedly by time first was 6 months old. So was still breastfeeding, was sick, and had a young baby to look after and carry around, and felt like I was missing out on being fully active for her. But it all worked out okay, she loves having a little sister, and they are definitely worth it all. But, no, I am not someone who likes being pregnant (I know, I should have mentioned it, right??) Great that you really enjoyed yours, though – much better than us moaning minnies!
My mummy loved being pregnant with me too! It's so nice finding others that had a good experience! Good luck on number two! Ones enough for my mummy atm #TwinklyTuesday
You do make for one very gorgeous pregnant lady, Sarah! 🙂
I loved being pregnant too and really miss it. I was very sick for the first 3 months and had quite bad back pain towards the end but the rest of it was bliss. I hope I can experience it all again some day. 🙂
Jenna at Tinyfootsteps xx
I could have written this entire post as I feel exactly the same about my pregnancy! Even the holiday bit although ours was about 25 weeks and to Turkey! But I loved it all and especially the bump and the kicks! I so missed being pregnant afterwards. The only thing I struggled with right near the end was the commuting – that was tough! But otherwise it was simply fab! We will also hopefully be trying for number two sometime next year 🙂 exciting 🙂 thanks so much for linking up with #TwinklyTuesday
This is beautiful! I absolutely hated being pregnant other than feeling the baby move! #TwinklyTuesdays
I love being pregnant especially the boobs bit, lol. I dislike my being massive though! Great post!
Sarah these pics are beautiful – you look a right babe! I love your honesty about planning for another and I hope it happens soon for you x
HI, thanks for your post. I never really thought much about being pregnant and whether or not I liked it. In the early days, like you I liked having big boobs. I am skinny and flat chested and I have never looked so good in a bikini as I did at 10 weeks, before the bump but most definitely with the boobs. I didn't particularly like being heavily pregnant in the hot weather – the London underground was a nightmare. I also found the wardrobe quite difficult and didn't really want to spend loads of money on maternity gear cos I wouldn't need to wear it for long. My ankles swelled up so much that I looked like an elephant and I hated that, but actually I was really lucky during my pregnancy because I felt great. It may have been the fact that I gave up drinking alcohol and caffeine and was religiously taking pregnacare pregnancy vitamins…
Congratulations! I had the most amazing pregnancy too. I wouldn't have minded being pregnant for another few months! And yess totally felt those phantom kicks as well!! Loved this post xx
You have so many cute pregnancy shots! I think the only ones I ever have are, "Oh crap, I'm due in 4 days and I don't have a pregnant picture for the baby's scrapbook. Maybe I can quick brush my hair and then get one of the kids to take it?"
I agree with pretty much all of these. We also had our last holiday as a couple when I was about 23 weeks pregnant and it was one of the best decisions we made. It was a little bit disappointing missing out on all inclusive drinks and scuba diving but I still managed to do some water sports. In my head now I loved being pregnant, although my husband keeps reminding me that there were lots of less enjoyable parts! #twinklytuesday
I enjoyed about four weeks of being pregnant and then I really did find it rubbish. It was quite nice getting lots of attention but I'd rather just put a flower pot on my head or something!