AD – L.O.L. Surprise! always seem to have the coolest ideas for kids and I think they may have done it again with this Pop Up Store. My gremlin is a huge fan and we have reviewed their fab Eye Spy Series Under Wraps and the L.O.L. Surprise! Pearl Surprise.
I knew my gremlin was going to love this so I sneakily wanted to test it out myself, without the little monster seeing much, as I knew it would be a great gift.
More About The L.O.L. Surprise! Pop Up Store
This pop up store is actually a 3-in-1 playset – Play, Display and Carry Away.
The product can be used as play area for the L.O.L. dolls – chic café, fashion boutique, and pizza parlour! My eldest will love this as has a great imagination.
A true L.O.L. fan can also display all their dolls or store them, plus all accessories – it holds 55 dolls! Bear in mind my daughter has about 5!
This is what is could look like with that many dolls (this picture is courtesy of Amazon).
It comes with a L.O.L. doll which is a nice surprise.
The case then folds up and can carry all the dolls out and about. Which kid doesn’t love packing up a case or bag?
I was looking forward to having a closer look.
Trying Out The L.O.L. Surprise! Pop Up Store
So one Saturday morning with my daughter safely out shopping, I quite excitedly got the Pop Up Store out to try and it and see what I thought!
It was easy to get out of the box and came with some clear instructions.
I wanted to test out all the aspects of the product so I had a look at the stores first.
I knew my eldest would love this aspect for her games.
Then I had a look at the carry-case aspect of the product. You have to pull this out of the display stand. You can see this below.
You then take the included handle and attach to the carry case.
There is a separate bit of door panel you fit to the back of the above image. This is really straight forward.
I then had a look at display feature. You simply slot the carry case into the display stand. Note you can push the carry handle into the case and still shut it up.
You can see all the little shoe holders for the dolls. I had a hunt for some of my eldest’s and could find one mismatched one (hence just a reason for needing this product!!!)
I was then on the hunt for the surprises!!!
If you pull back out the carry case you can lower the drawer. The instructions recommend using two hands here.
I was quite excited to find 4 blind bags and I know the gremlin will be too!
Then if you open the door on the back panel of the display case you find more!
These drawers can also be used to store the accessories once you have taken out the doll and accessories from the blind bags.
As with most things there are pros and cons.
– I know my daughter will LOVE the little stores and will enjoy making up stories with her dolls and setting them up. It’s almost like a mini dolls house, so this will go down a treat.
– I loved finding the little surprises in the drawers – the little blind bags. My daughter will be the same. It makes opening it very exciting!
– I like the idea of having somewhere to store all the accessories. Currently we only have them in a lunchbox and I do find shoes all over the place!
– If you have loads of L.O.L. dolls the display will look amazing!
– My daughter loves to pack a bag or her little suitcase and take it places or for her imaginary games. I know the carry case aspect will be great with her.
– The price. I always say it will L.O.L. products. They are pricey. I’m aware you do get a doll with this product and the it does have a lot of features but it’s a lot. BUT like all L.O.L. stuff the kids adore it all, so for my eldest, always worth it.
– If you don’t have that many L.O.L. dolls the display part may be a little redundant. I do feel you would need to be a true die hard fan!! My gremlin only has a few so we may not use that bit as much.
– It may just sit there as a storage item. For some it is probably a pro, as less mess but for others, it may seem like a lot to spend, if it’s not getting played with much.
Overall I like the product, as think my eldest will love the carry case feature and the little stores for her dolls to play in. Although, pricey, I think for L.O.L. Surprise! fans, it’s perfect for displaying and storing their dolls. Just have a good think and decide if worth it first.
If you are a parent that likes being organised and storage – ticks a lot of boxes!
Disclosure – we were provided with this product free of charge in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are our own.