A lot of people often ask me what is my fitness motivation What drives me to get up early and hit the gym or find that half an hour to slot in a YouTube workout. Why would I put myself through it? How do I find the time?
The time bit is easy. My hubby works from home and this allows me to slot some exercise in first thing in the morning. I currently drop off Piglet at nursery and go after that.
I know I may not be able to do it forever. One day I maybe hanging up my trainers and I may need to purchase curved stairlifts to get up my curvy stairs but for now I’m keeping going. You’ve got to haven’t you?
But what is my fitness motivation?
– It’s me time. It’s a time with a get no ‘mummy’s’, no interruptions and a chance to have some alone time. I can focus on training and nothing else.
– I can listen to music. I love doing this and the gym is a perfect opportunity to work through my Spotify playlist.
– I do care about my health. There are so many health benefits of exercising. Maintaining your weight, it’s good for your heart, circulation, muscles and your mental health. I could go on but the list is huge.
– I do like to keep in shape. I feel more comfortable being the shape I am. I like to look reasonably lean and that is maybe a bit of vanity but hey!
– I alluded to it above. My mental health. I can be going through a period of anxiety and really feeling rough but a quick session in the gym can clear my head and make me feel much better. I train with a chap in in the gym and he is really motivating and this helps me to forget my worries.
– It actually wakes me up. I’ve been having some rough sleeps with the little man and going to the gym and has been the last thing on my mind but it helps. I may have to drag myself but it sets me up for the day.
– I feel generally good after it. I’m hungry, enjoy my food and just feel like I’ve achieved something, even if I only manage 20 minutes of HiIT.
So there are no odd reasons! Exercise and fitness is important to me. I like my girls to see me looking after myself and I always talk to them about exercise helping me feel strong and putting me in a good mood.
I hope to keep at it for as long as I can!
Disclosure – this is a collaborative post.