A lot of people often ask me what is my fitness motivation What drives me to get up early and hit the gym or find that half an hour to slot in a YouTube workout. Why would I put myself through it? How do I find the time?
The time bit is easy. My hubby works from home and this allows me to slot some exercise in first thing in the morning. I currently drop off Piglet at nursery and go after that.
I know I may not be able to do it forever. One day I maybe hanging up my trainers and I may need to purchase curved stairlifts to get up my curvy stairs but for now I’m keeping going. You’ve got to haven’t you?
But what is my fitness motivation?
– It’s me time. It’s a time with a get no ‘mummy’s’, no interruptions and a chance to have some alone time. I can focus on training and nothing else.
– I can listen to music. I love doing this and the gym is a perfect opportunity to work through my Spotify playlist.
– I do care about my health. There are so many health benefits of exercising. Maintaining your weight, it’s good for your heart, circulation, muscles and your mental health. I could go on but the list is huge.
– I do like to keep in shape. I feel more comfortable being the shape I am. I like to look reasonably lean and that is maybe a bit of vanity but hey!
– I alluded to it above. My mental health. I can be going through a period of anxiety and really feeling rough but a quick session in the gym can clear my head and make me feel much better. I train with a chap in in the gym and he is really motivating and this helps me to forget my worries.
– It actually wakes me up. I’ve been having some rough sleeps with the little man and going to the gym and has been the last thing on my mind but it helps. I may have to drag myself but it sets me up for the day.
– I feel generally good after it. I’m hungry, enjoy my food and just feel like I’ve achieved something, even if I only manage 20 minutes of HiIT.
So there are no odd reasons! Exercise and fitness is important to me. I like my girls to see me looking after myself and I always talk to them about exercise helping me feel strong and putting me in a good mood.
I hope to keep at it for as long as I can!
Disclosure – this is a collaborative post.
I don’t think it makes you vain or shallow. I’d love to have your six pack but I currently have zero motivation so shall have to live with my one pack for now 🙂 xxx
haha if I lived close I would drag you I promise x
I used to exercise all the time, up until my daughter was about 15 months old. The last 6 months I’ve been so busy I’ve slipped and now I feel so gross and horrible. I think being a little bit vain is a great motivation, I want to love my body and I want my daughter to think that exercise is normal and needed. This post is the motivation to make me start up again! Thank you. xx #sundaystars
It’s hard to stop…I have to push myself. Thanks and I hope you get going again!! x
I can’t even imagine how fat I would be without my vanity. Its a constant battle between my laziness and my pride
haha this is good to know it’s not just me x
Great post! I would love if you linked it up to my Fitness Friday linky. http://drops-of-learning.com/fitness-friday-link-up-6/
Ah I only post my fitness ones on a Sun usually x
Going for a run or a swim is the only time I get to be by myself and ‘just’ me – not a wife, mother, etc etc. That’s my motivation! #sundaystars
Haha that is a great one actually x
I love the post. There’s nothing wrong with being vain. I actually love it when “big girls” are happy with their body..but for those who aren’t they look at the tiny girls like they get it all for free and it’s unfair. You work for it because it’s a high priority for you. That’s awesome for any task in life! I’m like this with my house. I refuse to abide by the “i have 4 kids so my house will be a mess.” I want it to look spectacular and it does because i work for it! (Now I just wish I ranked my body as high but I’m not there yet) 😉 Also, you look amazing!!
I don’t think for a second this makes you vain or shallow. I think it makes you normal. People generally want to look and feel good about themselves and there is nothing wrong with that. You work hard to get the body you want! Your six pack looks awesome! #SundayStars
Thanks lots Debbie. I think it’s a worry but I shouldn’t care. What works works!! x
This is a great post Sarah, maybe I need to adopt your way of thinking. I love food probably a little to much. Id love a nice tonned body but I need to lose the extra fat first. I love using weights at home it’s just getting up in the morning I struggle with an now I work evenings that’s no longer an option. I’m in most of my pre Logan clothes I just have major jelly belly action going on over here. Don’t think scar from c-section and ectopic pregnancy has helped the way that part of my belly sits if that makes sense. Must try harder once I’ve got rid of this pesky cold lol. Thanks for some motivation.
No you have been through tonnes so she start easy with less pressure. I think sometimes you have to be in the exact right place in your life to change bits and keep going so don’t beat yourself up if it’s not the right time. There will be that time xx
I have always been quite weight conscious and like to look after myself. I however am that little bit extra curvy so find it more difficult to shift that last bit of belly fat….so I am 15 months post birth and still trying to get rid…. #twinklytuesday
Ah hope you can shift it. Thanks for the comment x
I have always been someone who just is slim! But after having twins my body has changed – my tummy far more flabby. I try to exercise and keep fit but know that I will never look the same. That’s okay – I guess it is just my new body now! Thanks for sharing xx #sundaystars
Yeh I think it’s fab if you are happy 🙂 Carrying 2 is a big challenge for the body. Thanks for hosting x