I love making chocolate bark. It was something I only discovered last Halloween and me and the girls had great fun making some Halloween Chocolate Bark back in October. I made up the recipe and it was really easy to do! Weekends are pretty tough at the moment; the weather is pretty bad and of course, no one is allowed to see anyone. We are not the most sociable people but we do like to meet up with friends and family and get out as a family of five. I’m struggling to find things for the kids to do. Once they have played, trashed the house and had a bit of fun outside, they are often reaching for screens! So with Valentine’s Day fast approaching, I thought it was the perfect time to get creative and dig out the bark recipe again. We decided to try some Valentine’s Heart Chocolate Bark this weekend and this is how we got on.
Ingredients for the Base
– 4 x 110g bars of chocolate – 440g in total. As I said before this had to be Cadbury’s.
Incidentally in this recipe my hubby bought 4 x 200g of chocolate and the bark turned out so thick!! Therefore you can have more chocolate, depending on your taste.
Ingredients for the Topping
Now this is really up to you! I decided for this recipe we would pour on some melted white chocolate, before decorating with gummies.
– White Chocolate (30g)
– Haribo Hearts (of course). Now I ended up ordering a box of these from Amazon. I didn’t realise how much I was going to get). It’s a lot! I couldn’t seem to find the hearts anywhere else unless you steal them all from Haribo Starmix.
Method – Valentine’s Heart Chocolate Bark
– Have a tray or board ready, covering in baking paper.
– Melt it carefully. Now my hubby did this in the microwave. Personally I’d have done this in a bowl over a pan of boiling water, so you chose your best way!
– Using a spoon (or several spoons if the kids are helping) spoon out your melted chocolate and start covering the baking paper. Try and keep this as even as you can and smooth it down, using the back of the spoon.
– Melt your 30g of white chocolate. I did this is a Pyrex jug.
– The drizzle all over your milk chocolate base.
– The decorate with your hearts! This kids love doing this. Simply place them in the melted chocolate.
– Leave to set! We left on the side for a little while for the chocolate to be fully cool, before placing in the fridge.
– When set, break up using a sharp knife and store in a tub in the fridge!!
Valentine's Hearts Chocolate Bark RECIPE
- Baking Tray or Board
- Baking Paper
- Mixing Bowl
- Dessert spoon
- Microwave or Pan (depending on how you melt your chocolate)
- Sharp knife
- Pyrex Jug
- 440 g Milk Chocolate We chose Cadburys
- 30 g White Chocolate
- Heart Haribos
- Cover your tray or board with baking paper.
- Open your milk chocolate and break up into a bowl.
- Melt slowly either using a microwave or bowl over a pan of boiling water.
- Once melted, spoon your chocolate onto your tray or board.
- y and spread as evenly as possible and smooth down with with the back of your spoon.
- Melt your white chocolate in a Pyrex jug
- Drizzle the melted white chocolate over your milk chocolate base.
- Decorate how you want with your Haribo Hearts.