I’m a huge fan of reusable period products and have written on the blog before about trying out period pants and being really impressed, so I’m always happy to try something new! Go back a few years and I would have probably been a bit reluctant. You get set in your ways, scared to try something new and I felt like almost going back in time with reusables!! However, my mind has been changed and I was really keen to try Bloom and Nora Reusable Sanitary Pads, when offered.
Benefits of Reusable Sanitary Products
For me there are so many benefits of reusable sanitary products.
– Good for the environment – your waste products are being washed and reused and not ending up in landfills.
– They are comfortable. I have used tampons and sanitary pads in the past. Tampons can be uncomfortable if you insert incorrectly. I don’t like the applicators either! Pads often irritate me and I hate the sticky bit. Reusable pads are soft and just feel so much nicer.
– Over time you will save money, as they will pay for themselves!
– They are always sat in the drawer. The amount of times I forgot to buy sanitary products or fall short is very common! Reusables are always washed and ready at the end of your period.
Bloom and Nora Reusable Sanitary Products
Bloom and Nora Reusable Sanitary Pads were born from TotsBots – reusable nappies produced by Fiona Smyth, the company director.
With the emphasis on comfort, performance and durability, the pad fabrics are free from harmful chemicals. There are 3 core products:
- Bloomers – Natural bamboo pads in a range of bold colours.
4 sizes/absorbency levels – Mini, Midi, Maxi, Mighty
- Noras – Stay-dry, stain-repellent pads in simple bright white
5 sizes/absorbency levels – Liner, Mini, Midi, Maxi, Mighty
- Accessories – Waterproof Bathroom Bag and Waterproof Out & About Bag
Nora Trial Kit in White
I was kindly sent one of the Nora Trial Kits in white. This currently retails at £24. It is perfect to find the perfect size to suit your period and your needs.
It contains towels of different absorbencies, to use at different stages of your cycle. The Trial Pack includes a reusable Nora: Mini, Midi, Maxi, as well as a handy Out & About bag. The bag holds four to six pads and has two compartments to keep used and unused pads separate when out of the home.
The bright white and stay-dry inner surface, cleverly repels stains and keeps you dry and leak-free. The pads have a contoured shape which fits naturally and complements the body, helping to avoid bunching and rubbing. There is a popper to keep the pad in place. The Bloom and Nora pads can be washed and reused 150 times!
These reusable sanitary pads were comfortable and so easy to use. I’m pretty in tune with my body and know I have a pretty heavy day on Day 2 of my period and would need one of the Mighty Pads for most of the day. I’m always at work on that day (O only work 2 days a week!!), so I need to be protected. I can use the smaller size pads for lighter days.
After you have figured out what you need, you can purchase more pads to match your cycle needs.
The bag is perfect for storage. As mentioned I do need to take to work. I tend to the take my pads in the shower, rinse well under the water and wash at 40 degrees with my regular clothes. If at work I rinse under the cold water. These pads can be tumbled but I never do and simply dry on the radiator or would do outside (in summer!). You are also recommended to not use fabric softener, as will affect absorbency.
Overall I was really impressed. For me comfort and convenience are the most important things when it is my period and Bloom and Nora tick those boxes. I feel pleased I am using something more environmentally friendly and will also save me money and time in the long run.
A definite thumbs up for anyone wanting to try and reusable product.
Would You Like to WIN a Nora Trial Kit?
If so enter via Rafflecopter below.
All terms and conditions can be found here.
Disclosure – we were sent this product in exchange for a post and honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.