We are such huge curry fans in our house. Not just Indian but Thai too. We even almost have a curried baked eggs meal too. Our house does smell of curry quite a lot. Hubby does like to mix it up though and try something new. We really like beef meatballs and it is one of the girls’ fave meals to have them with pasta and a tomato sauce. However, our curry love really prevails so we thought, why not? Let’s have curried meatballs; beef meatball Balti to be exact.
This recipe is an almost from scratch dish, as we do use a paste. I much prefer these to jars as they are far too sweet now. Added sugar! The same with jarred pasta sauces.
Here is the recipe hubby uses.
Ingredients for Beef Meatball Balti
- Medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 pepper chopped
- 2 dessert spoons of Balti paste (we used Pataks)
- 1/2 a tin of chopped tomatoes
- Pack of small beef meatballs (4-5 per person) You can use turkey if you prefer
- 1 tbsp of oil
– Fry onions for 10 minutes with lid on with half the oil, until browned.
– Add the chopped peppers and continue to stir.
– At the same time in a separate pan, fry the meatballs until brown on the outside. When fully browned, remove from heat.
– Place garlic into a pile in the middle of the pan. Add the remaining oil and fry for a couple of minutes until lightly browned. Stir with onions.
– Add curry paste, stir and fry for a minute.
– Pour on chopped tomatoes and stir well.
– Add meatballs, stir in well. Put the lid on and simmer until meatballs cooked through. This is usually 5 minutes.
Serve with basmati rice and garnish with coriander.
We also add broccoli on the side too!
Enjoy! Let me know if you make in the comments!